PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get coburn back in net
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Get coburn back in net  (Read 15278 times)

John W

Re: Get coburn back in net
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2010, 08:33:48 PM »

Coates for me.  Also how can we justify having who I believe is our highest earner subbing it?  Is it time for the two parties to go their separate ways?

markecky

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »

Coates for me.  Also how can we justify having who I believe is our highest earner subbing it?  Is it time for the two parties to go their separate ways?

Oh look..another post designed to cause a row and some division.  Its seems you like rolling in these hand grenades and then watching the effects.

Do you have some sort of agenda we should know about "John"?

John W

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2010, 08:43:51 PM »

Not at all.  Just stating my opinion about who should be in goal and what I believe the facts to be about wages.  Sorry if you don't like that.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2010, 09:04:36 PM »

Also how can we justify having who I believe is our highest earner subbing it? 

1. He isn't.

2. I'm sorry have I missed something, has Stu been on the bench all season? is going to be on the bench all season. I absolutely guarantee you Stuart will play 75% of our games this season at least.

markecky

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2010, 09:08:48 PM »

Not at all.  Just stating my opinion about who should be in goal and what I believe the facts to be about wages.  Sorry if you don't like that.

Whether you feel Coburn or Coates should currently be the keeper is up to you.

If you feel that after the loyal service Stuart Coburn has given this club (without a contract)  he should just be "released" then you're a disgrace.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2010, 09:10:40 PM »

Without giving away anything I shouldn't I can assure you absolutely 100% that Stuart Coburn is NOT the highest earning player at the Club

andrewflynn

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2010, 09:15:57 PM »

Coburn wasn't playing well, he was dropped. Coates is playing to the same standard Coburn was when he was dropped, so he should be also. Not rocket science.

taxi Phil

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2010, 09:17:45 PM »

Also how can we justify having who I believe is our highest earner subbing it? 

1. He isn't.

2. I'm sorry have I missed something, has Stu been on the bench all season? is going to be on the bench all season. I absolutely guarantee you Stuart will play 75% of our games this season at least.

To play 75% (approx) he would only be able to miss a maximum of 12 matches. He's already missed 8, so given usual luck with injuries he'd struggle to reach that tally even if he regained his place on Saturday. He might manage 60% with luck.

jimmyhank

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2010, 09:22:06 PM »

Given the amount of goals we're shipping maybe we should play them both in goal and sacrifice one midfield place?!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2010, 09:30:48 PM »

To play 75% (approx) he would only be able to miss a maximum of 12 matches. He's already missed 8, so given usual luck with injuries he'd struggle to reach that tally even if he regained his place on Saturday. He might manage 60% with luck.

FA Trophy final innit?

John W

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2010, 09:40:15 PM »

Whether you feel Coburn or Coates should currently be the keeper is up to you.

If you feel that after the loyal service Stuart Coburn has given this club (without a contract)  he should just be "released" then you're a disgrace.
So I take it you won't be buying me a pint before the Fleetwood game?  Maybe harsh sentiments from me, but loyalty will not keep us up.  Plus I don't regard James Coates as the reason we are leaking so many goals.  Anyway, we will see what KM's opinion is about who is currently the better keeper on Saturday, so I will say no more on this topic until then.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2010, 09:54:39 PM »

All this talk means nothing,we do not manage the club.KM will decide who's in goal and thats the end of it.
Harold

george

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2010, 10:36:13 PM »

John W & others who come on here declaring who the highest earners @ the club are. I WOULD LOVE ACCESS TO YOUR INFO. I don't know & I am onlly the Company Secretary & Matchday Secretary who pays out the players' cheques in plain white envelopes with their names on. So you know it alls are either a director or the Manager.                                 SO MUCH FOR YOUR INSIDE KNOWLEDGE.

Jacko

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2010, 10:45:03 PM »

:-\ I'd put money on twiss being on more dollar than coburn thats for sure

AltyFanInNottm

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2010, 12:37:36 AM »

I'm not sure why Coates is being singled out at the moment, so I thought I'd give my opinion on the Histon game and three goals they scored.

Their first goal was a penalty. Coates didn't save it. Goalies don't often save pens. nothing he could do about that. You could maybe question why Lawton tackled their fella from behind when the ball was running away from them both.

Their second goal was a cross across the pen box where their guy ran in unopposed. More questions about stopping the cross and following runners than the goalie being at fault.

Their third goal was a run from their own half by their fella. Gets to the box at puts it the far corner. Coates narrowed his angles and covered the near post. Again more questions about defending (from defenders and midfield). Possibly Alty were pushing forward trying to get a goal back. But just because he let three in doesn't mean the keeper had a nightmare.

I like Coburn, he's been a great player and possibly still is, but I don't think Coates deserves the stick he's getting.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Get coburn back in net