PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The real villain.....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The real villain.....  (Read 4409 times)

VofD

The real villain.....
« on: October 09, 2010, 06:05:01 PM »

in the last 2 matches has been Lawton, giving away 2 penalties. Did he not learn anything from last week when we were 1 up and then he dives in. Today, he puts the team under pressure early doors from another pen.Get a grip Robbie,FFS.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The real villain.....
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 06:45:42 PM »

If anything Robbie is trying too hard, not my favourite player though I would be happy with his attitude in the other 10.Keep the faith and enjoy FFS

VofD

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 06:48:05 PM »

If anything Robbie is trying too hard, not my favourite player though I would be happy with his attitude in the other 10.Keep the faith and enjoy FFS

Pax vobiscum. :) :) :)

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 09:23:49 PM »

On today's showing it's more like Paxo Vobiscum unfortunately.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 09:42:34 PM »

Having witnessed today's game, I am still baffled by the decision to award a penalty. In fact all arround me both home and away fans were bemused with the decision. Robbie appeared to have been hit in the side of the head and then for goodness knows what reason, the ref points at the spot.

How anyone can criticise him (Robbie) for that is beyond me!!!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 11:44:57 PM »

Well JL said it was a penalty and I didn't see much criticism of the Ref in his match report which suggests it may have been Collina or Howard Webb officiating this afternoon

JL is not the most appreciative sometimes of the Officials shall we say

Hence I suspect that it may well have been a Penalty, although admittedly I couldn't see from Sainsbury's in Altrincham

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »

This is not good enough phil a man of your calibure should have had a great view of this from the frozen food isle ;)
Come on you red and white........

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 09:12:16 AM »

That explains it - I was in household cleaning products at the time - sorry yet again a Referee demonstrates bad positioning at a vital moment

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 03:23:27 PM »

Well JL said it was a penalty and I didn't see much criticism of the Ref in his match report which suggests it may have been Collina or Howard Webb officiating this afternoon

Hence I suspect that it may well have been a Penalty, although admittedly I couldn't see from Sainsbury's in Altrincham
i think we're all used to officials not being upto the standard that they should be. Yesturday was another one of those. Histon were very physical, and took full advantage of the ref's and assistant ref's poor eyesight.
Alty though were very very poor.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 05:18:56 PM »

That explains it - I was in household cleaning products at the time - sorry yet again a Referee demonstrates bad positioning at a vital moment
[/b]

A fkn shoe in for the BSP then  :D ;)

RocketDan

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 07:52:15 PM »

.... Mr Altrincham Graham Heathcote for handing out longterm contracts left right and centre to players who can't be arsed.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 08:43:12 PM »

.... Mr Altrincham Graham Heathcote for handing out longterm contracts left right and centre to players who can't be arsed.

100% agree.
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 09:34:28 PM »

i think we're all used to officials not being upto the standard that they should be. Yesturday was another one of those. Histon were very physical, and took full advantage of the ref's and assistant ref's poor eyesight.
Alty though were very very poor.

We play in what is, to all intents and purposes, the fifth division of the English League system and we have done for a few years now.

At times though it seems that although the game has moved on we haven't

How many times do we go on about teams being very physical, 'buying' free kicks, getting our players booked and sent off. Maybe, and it goes against all I believe in football wise, we need to wise up, stop being so 'nice' and play the same way as the other teams in the league.

There's nowt so sure than if 23 of 24 teams bite kick and scratch but the 24th doesn't then it's that one which will get relegated.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 09:47:39 PM »

I tend to look at the BBC stats during a game and the opposition always seem to give away a lot more freekicks than we do.Maybe time we hardened our game a bit
Harold

seasonticket

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »

Don't like the idea of being dragged down to everyone else's level of diving fouling etc in order to get results.
In my opinion the ref should whistle for evry transgression of the laws of the game. If that means a whistle every few seconds so be it.
But the tv commentators and many fans see that as the ref being whistle happy. If he does not do that and only blows for some infringements he is described as good and letting the game 'flow'.
The ref is not there to 'let the game flow'. That is the players responsibility, to play according to the laws of the game. The ref should only administer those laws.
I am getting more and more dissilusioned with footbal at all levels because of players cheating, because that is exactly what diving, shirt pulling, fouling and the penalty area shennanagins at corners really is.
Or am I just becoming a grumpy old Alty fan?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The real villain.....