PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Wimbledon
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: AFC Wimbledon  (Read 7434 times)

Altysmiffy

Re: AFC Wimbledon
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 08:35:59 PM »

its a joke jimmy if that is the case get em in the welsh premier or do like the cricket and get the welsh fa in with the english one, although i know that would mean a wales and england team emalgamation, but hey would that be a bad thing, that bale is a tasty player and nevilles no spring chicken

& Giggsy would still be worth his place!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 08:58:46 PM »

Wales is just a monir county anyway.

Can't understand why the 'r' gets added in county when Wales is talked about.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:00:56 PM by gazwarrington »

Altysmiffy

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 09:31:27 PM »

Now there's cheeky, boyo, isnit!

dave

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 11:01:49 PM »

Hi I am an AFC Wimbledon fan. 

How did your 18 point deduction come about, as far as I can tell Robinson played in 13 games and you won 5, drew 3, and lost 5 for a total of 18 points which is what you were deducted.  You didn't have any "extra" points deducted did you? 

I believe we will get 18 (by a strange coincidence) also deducted. 

As to the rule itself obviously the rule is designed to stop cheating, but its a rule which is also catching out hardworking staff, for geniune errors.  Nevertheless until they are changed we will just have to lose all our points. 

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 11:43:49 PM »

This is terrible news for football. Why should a player, who has played in the same league require international clearance in the first place??

As we all know at alty the FA are really pathetic to acknowledge that a stupid rule exists, and not be bothered to change it. I feel extremely sorry for AFC wimbledon, as this will severely affect their promotion chances, but will not lead to relegation (as our case did).

When will the lovely guys as soho square realise that football exists lower than the premiership. After we were all informed that this rule was being looked at again, another team is affected by this laughable rule. 

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 12:45:31 AM »

Hi I am an AFC Wimbledon fan. 

How did your 18 point deduction come about, as far as I can tell Robinson played in 13 games and you won 5, drew 3, and lost 5 for a total of 18 points which is what you were deducted.  You didn't have any "extra" points deducted did you? 

I believe we will get 18 (by a strange coincidence) also deducted. 

As to the rule itself obviously the rule is designed to stop cheating, but its a rule which is also catching out hardworking staff, for geniune errors.  Nevertheless until they are changed we will just have to lose all our points. 

You're exactly right in your assessment, we lost all the points won with Robinson in the team.

Obviously having been through exactly the same thing we have the greatest sympathy with you on this issue, the law as we know is an ass.

The FA could quite easily take a stand on the issue, however it suits them to have hard and fast rules that ensure that little thought is needed rather than having rules that investigate the situation and hand out a punishment that is proportional to the crime. Unfortunately the FA are a bunch of f**kwits who have very little interest in the welfare and spirit of the game.

I also maintain that the FA is at fault for allowing a player to compete in one of its leagues that they knew to be ineligible (at least they would have known if anyone at the FA knew their arse from their elbow).
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 08:46:14 AM »

A club genuinely tries to do things the right way and makes a genuine administrative error over the signing of a player.

A club runs itself to the brink of bankruptcy, knowingly spending money it never has. It then tries to wriggle out its problems by going into administration, slashing its debts at a stroke leaving creditors out of pocket.

Which club will get docked 10 points? Which club will get docked nearly 20?

???

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 08:53:01 AM »

A club genuinely tries to do things the right way and makes a genuine administrative error over the signing of a player.

A club runs itself to the brink of bankruptcy, knowingly spending money it never has. It then tries to wriggle out its problems by going into administration, slashing its debts at a stroke leaving creditors out of pocket.

???

which one is nearer to being a law breaking act? if you run a club with massive overheads then go into administration leaving creditors out of pocket that is surely theft as much as anything. the rules are a f**king joke

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2007, 09:45:06 AM »

at least with us james played abroad! ,
yes but the point was we got him from an ENGLISH club so hardly expected international clearance. But thats old news now.

Its a total farce and one that could have been avoided with common sense after last season.

I feel sorry for the AFC Wimbledon fans \ board \ officials but I'm sorry I can't see what else can happen, especially after the crap we got put through.

dave

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007, 11:05:25 AM »

Whats more annoying, is the fact this wasn't actually picked up until Jermaine Darlington got a yellow card. 

Daft really.  Just remember to tell any new signings you have to get a booking in the first game for the club, then and only then will the FA actually check international clearance it seems. 

Altysmiffy

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2007, 09:23:15 PM »

???

which one is nearer to being a law breaking act? if you run a club with massive overheads then go into administration leaving creditors out of pocket that is surely theft as much as anything. the rules are a f**king joke

Quite agree - one act a simple human error, the other purpoosefully deceiving, cheating, robbing!

The FA say ir was unfair Alty were severely punished, but it was the rules: and what do they do about it? Bugger all!

It may be a joke, but only certain people/teams are laughing!

Not Alty or AFC Wimbledon - I wish them luck.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Wimbledon