News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Peyton on the left wing?

Author Topic: Peyton on the left wing?  (Read 2580 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Peyton on the left wing?
« on: January 26, 2007, 07:35:13 PM »

Fair enough if this new left beck is quality but I think pushing Warren further forward will weaken us. Peyton has done well at left back,and i do like him  but for me Thornley has been class attacking on the left. Warren is a failry slow player who for me is a tough tackling centre mid not an attacking left winger. Thornley on the left has attacked teams like Jimmy Robinson did for us last year,which gave us a different dimension. If thornley is going to be dropped from left wing then he is by far the second best striker we have. Joe O'Neil runs his heart out but he's no finisher and Little is the type of player who looks to play a striker in. I think if Thornley is given the same amount of games O'Neil has played then I honestly believe he would of at least doubled O'Neil's total for the season and we need the goals. I've watched Alty for years and the best we defend is to go at teams, not having this about full time teams being fitter than us. There's only been a handful who I have seen to be fiiter than us, it could just be more heart from our team. It is a credit to the lads and Graham on how physically fit we are, 100% effort, so lets go at teams with more direct play, the sort of driving runs Robbie Lawton does for example.

Jacko

Re: Peyton on the left wing?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 07:49:12 PM »

I think warren's been very impressive and showed his both feet attacking skills are very handy when we are pressing teams which is usually at home, however its horses for courses and he doesnt cope well when were under the cosh, i think GH has found someone who can.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 08:01:32 PM »

I agree that, whilst Peyton does a lot of running and puts everything into it, the fact is he gets caught out far too easily and it's quite obvious that full back isn't his natural position and I think the opposing team see that and exploit it.

Hopefully having someone that knows that position inside out will give us more balance, something which we haven't had all season at the back (even when we've played Gary Scott). The difficulty for GH is whether to just push Peyton forward on the left, instead of either Rod or Lewis, or drop him altogether which would be a shame.

So now we've got Peyton, Lewis, Bushell, Val, Robbie and maybe Rod too, to play in midfield. Should GH play the best four skill wise, potentially out of position, or should he pick the best 4 position wise (i.e. Rod on the wing instead of Lewis or Robbie).

I'm not sure any of that makes sense... oh well :D

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 08:26:30 PM »

To be fair you play could Thornley on eitther wing, but would you leave Peyton out. There's no way Lawton won't start (or finish) so does that mean Chalmers sit's out?
Full time and proud of it
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Peyton on the left wing?