Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 who are the worst away fans at moss lane ever??
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: who are the worst away fans at moss lane ever??  (Read 12150 times)

Jacko

« on: October 25, 2010, 12:26:49 AM »

Bishop Auckland? Halifax? Opinions
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:34:30 AM by Jacko »

Jezza

Re: who are the worst away fans at moss lane ever??
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 05:52:53 AM »

My nominations for worst away following are;

Bishop Auckland for their re-enactment of the white horse wembley final

Grimsby for their interpretation of the young ones (throwing the toilet out so they could lower the rent)

Port Vale for their classless version of mission impossible by infiltrating the alty end and then kicking off every time they scored

Scarboro for their early '80s remake of  P'tang yang kipperbang (ended by 50 yr old bald irish heckler who told them to "get back!")

And perhaps a lifetime achievement 'war and peace' award for Northwich for simply turning up and being really ugly every year.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:55:37 AM by Jezza »

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 08:05:11 AM »

Weren't Oxford bad one year? Wrexham when a few idiots ran on the pitch, and when they were messing around with the pitch; general nuisances.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 08:14:52 AM »

Going way back, Blackburn Rovers. I seem to remember cars being attacked on Moss Lane bridge - God knows what would have happened if we'd beaten them !

thegazelle

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 11:58:50 AM »

Scarborough without a doubt, i dont recall any trouble after blackburn and if there was it must have been in revenge for the invasion of blackburn on the saturday by eaach and every single nutter from south manchester.

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 03:22:13 PM »

Accrington for their tedious act of believing they are a massive sleeping giant and that ludicrous massive Craney shirt they brought out at our place.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 03:25:22 PM »

wigan were pretty bad in cup thinking of 87ish

george

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 04:45:24 PM »

The Gazelle is spot on. Scarborough without a doubt. Behind the Golf Road end, where there used to be a way behind. However our Moss Lane Guardians JACK PINKERTON & ROBIN arrested all 7 or 8 who were carrying knives.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 05:02:15 PM »

Some Scarborough 'fans' at Moss Lane back in 1977 were, indeed, rather unpleasant.

Weren't their numbers infiltrated by some Leeds United thugs?

In terms of particularly obnoxious supporters, may I nominate Alfreton Town - from their self-important nouveau riche Chairman right down to that prize imbecile Wozza B Red, or whatever he called himself.
Alas, we may be exchanging leagues with them next year....  

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:04:50 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 05:22:12 PM »

Scarborough 77
Bishop Auckland
Barrow that night we beat them 5-3 in the Trophy, I saw at least 2 that night openly carrying knives
Port Vale

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 08:18:34 PM »

Going way back, Blackburn Rovers. I seem to remember cars being attacked on Moss Lane bridge - God knows what would have happened if we'd beaten them !
There were not many Blackburn fans that Wednesday afternoon and the so called hard boys stayed away after getting chased out of their own end by Alty fans at Ewood Park the previous Saturday, by what I would describe as the fiercest Alty away crew I have seen. At Moss Lane the Blackburn fans ran for cover in the area where the Sponsors lounge is now after being batterd by Alty fans and they needed Police protection. It was Aty fans that wrecked the Blackburn Supporters Coach in the Car Park and I dont think there was a coach window that was not smashed. Had Alty won it would not have made any difference as the Balskburn fans would still have got battered. Had we been in the same division I dont think Blackburn fans would ever have returned to Moss Lane.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 08:38:32 PM »

Scarborough without a doubt. Behind the Golf Road end, where there used to be a way behind. However our Moss Lane Guardians JACK PINKERTON & ROBIN arrested all 7 or 8 who were carrying knives.

What happened that day was that Scarborough brought a crew and took eveyone by surprise, as they suddenly turned up half an hour before kick off and our clever Police force let them into the Golf Road End. A fracas started in the Golf Road End before the regular Golf Road Enders were even in the ground. According to Pinky himself,  he was actually on duty inside Old Trafford that day when Police reinforcements were called for to go to Moss Lane. I use to meet Jack Pinkerton for a drink in the Sundowner bar north of Joburg on Friday nights he would certainly have mentioned had he arrested anyone carrying weapons. He was at my youngest son's Baptism in Joburg and could remember many names and addresses of the Broomwood lads many years after he left the Police.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:53:34 PM by RedhillAlty »

markecky

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 09:14:12 PM »

There were not many Blackburn fans that Wednesday afternoon and the so called hard boys stayed away after getting chased out of their own end by Alty fans at Ewood Park the previous Saturday, by what I would describe as the fiercest Alty away crew I have seen. At Moss Lane the Blackburn fans ran for cover in the area where the Sponsors lounge is now after being batterd by Alty fans and they needed Police protection. It was Aty fans that wrecked the Blackburn Supporters Coach in the Car Park and I dont think there was a coach window that was not smashed. Had Alty won it would not have made any difference as the Balskburn fans would still have got battered. Had we been in the same division I dont think Blackburn fans would ever have returned to Moss Lane.

I know there s no glory in mindless violence but that is a class story of chasing Blackburn fans out of their own end at Ewood Park!

Were these people just locals on the cup bandwagon?

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 10:05:49 PM »

Were these people just locals on the cup bandwagon?

If there was a list of every headcase in Altrincham at that time, there would be very few missing that didnt turn up for that match.
These characters would turn up watching Alty for big games especially if there was likely to be a dust up.
Most would usually watch United or City and some of those characters that day didnt have much interest in football. Most if not all were from Altrincham and a couple got jail sentences as a result of what happened at Blackburn that day.
The interest in football that day was the excitement of Alty already being labled FA Cup Giantkillers beating Hartlepool in the first round and people believeing a repeat of the Swindells' side's Cup run of 8 years earlier.

robins1978

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 11:05:57 PM »

wigan were pretty bad in cup thinking of 87ish
Agreed. Kicking off on bridge in town centre to start with (opp where McDonalds used to be).
I got clobbered once by an away fan when swapping ends in a cup game cos Alty were something like 4-0 up at half time. Think it was either Gateshead or Barrow. His mates gave him a clobbering for doing it which cheered me up a bit. Think it was about 1982?
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team