News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays game

Author Topic: Todays game  (Read 3138 times)

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Todays game
« on: October 30, 2010, 06:32:24 PM »

Just got back from Hayes and delighted with three well earned points.
First half was awful and Hayes were slightly worse than us. Hayes were as bad as they were at the beginning of last season, and we werent much better in the first half.
We dominated in the second half and deserved to win. We crowded the midfield but to be honest we look toothless up front.
My man of the match was Nicky Clee. However he had to play very deep but probably as well as when he beat thieir defenders there were very few striking options to cross or pass to. I didnt get a clear view of the penalty decision. Somner makes us look more solid. Baines looked useful and Joseph was far better than the last time I saw him. I hope Robbie Williams' injury is not serious.
I thought there were more fans there than 274.

John W

Re: Todays game
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 07:26:29 PM »

How many Alty there?  50?

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 08:03:43 PM »

How many Alty there?  50?

50-60 apparently

Bath Alty

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 11:03:11 PM »

Baines covered some ground today, was quite impressed.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 11:38:15 PM »

Personally, I thought Baynes was disappointing today.

We could quite easily have scored 4 or 5 with a more effective attacking unit in all honesty. No complaints though, it was a good all round effort and three well earned points.

I'm not concerned about the manner in which we acquire points as long as they keep rolling in. In terms of league games we're not on a bad run at all at present - long may it continue!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 11:56:11 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 12:31:41 PM »

Agree with RedhillAlty that Clee was man of the match. Far and away the biggest attacking threat on either side.
It looked clear pen from where I was behind the goal. Clee turned their number 6 who poked a leg out instinctively and tripped Clee. Didn't notice their players complain too much about it.
I thought Baynes was ok and his delivery from corners was good. Really put them under pressure.

Joseph had a decent game with one exception where he fluffed an attempted back pass when he had the chance to put it out.Milne was quietly efficient at right back and in the middle after Williams went off. I thought we looked more solid with Danylyk, Lawton and Somner in the midfield but lacked something going forward (obviously I guess). Hewson and Twiss both look as if they lack a bit of fitness.
Twiss held it up ok but I thought Reeves put their defenders under more pressure because he looked to get beyond them and made them turn.

Hayes were poor and poorly supported but it was a great result for us and thoroughly deserved.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 01:59:14 PM »

There is a very fair match report from Hayes here: http://www.hyufc.net/1011reports/Altrincham_home.html

Regarding Wes Baynes, I may have done him a slight disservice last night by saying he was disappointing. His corners caused them lots of problems and he does look a threat at times. However, I did think he could have got at their defenders more in open play. Still, he's only had two games and he's got plenty of time to show us what he can do.

The recovery is gathering pace, let's get down to Bath in numbers next Saturday for more of the same!
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 02:10:06 PM »

Keep an eye on this page for highlights.  I know there wont be many but I'd like to see the pen..

http://www.fcvideo.co.uk/hyhighlights.html
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays game