News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 kens clipboard

Author Topic: kens clipboard  (Read 2841 times)

dino

kens clipboard
« on: November 21, 2010, 12:57:02 PM »

he always looks ultra proffessional with his clipboard and sharp pencil. What does he write on it?  is it to keep score or perhaps to count the bucket collection for the overnighters?

Ken has put us in a far better position than we were. the last 3 results are irrelevant, we were always going to struggle in these matches. mckenna and bimson are both very good coaches,and with patience will deliver.

But please kenny, no more overnighters, they are a waste of  a grand.

todays NLP reports the game as "surely the most one sided game ever seen at the Broadfield stadium"    can anyone who went confirm this as a "typo"

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: kens clipboard
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 01:43:14 PM »

todays NLP reports the game as "surely the most one sided game ever seen at the Broadfield stadium"    can anyone who went confirm this as a "typo"

Probably better asking someone who's seen all the games there I'd say, and I doubt that the reporter has either.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 01:43:53 PM »

You could have asked him what was on it on Wednesday, I'm sure he would have told you.

Results at Eastbourne and Crawley say it is a waste of time.

Results at Hayes and Bath say it helped.

When some lads have to travel a fair few miles before they get on the coach, then travel 4-5 hours to get to the game, are you saying it doesnt help to have had a training session in the morning to work on stuff?

"IT DIDNT YESTERDAY  >:( >:( >:(" is the obvious response but the ref saw to the fact that our gameplan was gone with 90 seconds.

I doubt there weill be any more now any way with a lot of the distance fixtures out of the way.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 04:29:04 PM »

I seem to remember that when overnighters were scrapped last season due to lack of funds results actually improved.

When you lose your best player to a tweaked hamstring during the morning session you really do have to wonder about their value. Or have I misunderstood Mr Laidlaw's report and was he refering to the pre match warm. 

Out of interest is there a Saturday morning training session before home matches?

dino

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 04:57:09 PM »

spending circa 10k  on overnighters in a season is simply  a waste of money. That sort of money is better directed at signing a forward.

historical results against teams outside a 150 mile radius prove that we win more away games on daytrips than on overnighters

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 05:21:40 PM »

he always looks ultra proffessional with his clipboard and sharp pencil. What does he write on it?  is it to keep score or perhaps to count the bucket collection for the overnighters?

Ken has put us in a far better position than we were. the last 3 results are irrelevant, we were always going to struggle in these matches. mckenna and bimson are both very good coaches,and with patience will deliver.

But please kenny, no more overnighters, they are a waste of  a grand.

:D

If we'd put in an identical performance yesterday with GH in charge you'd have been going crazy about how he's the worst human being that ever lived.

Kenny was a top semi-pro player as well as having been a manager, I think I trust his judgement on the worth of overnight stays more than yours.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 07:51:47 PM »

I think we planned to do Crawley and Eastbourne at the start of the season.

I heard that Hayes was paid for by a member of the board personally as Kenny felt it would help.

Bath was mainly paid for by fans as Kenny wanted to try and repeat the success of the Hayes trip.

Its not 10k a year.

As Fuertes says, if Ken McKenna thinks it helps thats good enough for me.  If he felt it would be more beneficial to scrap them I'm sure he'd do that as well.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 09:19:45 PM »

Ecky's last post sums it up well Dino. Whatever you're views of overnight stays Crawley and Eastbourne really are too far to go in a day. Remember that apart from some of our Liverpool/Yorks lads having to travel a bit b4 reaching Alty/M6 pick up point, the team has to reach the ground long b4 supporters do. i.e. aim for at least 1pm or earlier allowing for traffic. Someone like James Smith would have to set off at about 6.30am, that long sat in a vehicle can lead to injuries.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 kens clipboard