News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Scott out.....Senior In

Author Topic: Scott out.....Senior In  (Read 3327 times)

Frosty

Scott out.....Senior In
« on: January 29, 2007, 08:21:30 AM »

nuff said

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Scott out.....Senior In
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 08:33:29 AM »

Is this a late substitute announcement from Saturday, god the time on the forum must be way out and I thought I'd fixed it.

Well I suppose he's had 70mins in an Alty shirt and made a mistake so thats a fair amount of time to judge the player.

Barr the mistake, which I can safely say ALL the Altrincham defenders have done the same this season I thought he looked ok. He saw a lot of the ball and tended to find a player with a pass and also position himself well when he did not have the ball. It looked like the Conference was a little fast for him but seeing where he had played before its hardly surprising and maybe given a chance he can get up to Conference speed.

Also enjoyed Warren playing further up field and thought it made us a little more dangerous. Just a shame one of the shots could not have gone in (obviously) but I wasn't too annoyed at he defeat as we looked ok and if we can create chances like that again then we will score and hopefully win.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 08:42:35 AM by gazwarrington »

Frosty

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 09:42:50 AM »

ok maybe a little harsh to judge that quickly, i agree it was good to see Peyton pushing up.

But i think Peyton has had a great season at left back and should finish the season there.

Start with Senior, looked very good, gutted not to win or get a draw but we played very well in the second half......bring on Southport

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 09:53:09 AM »

I agree that this "We need a left back" that has been going on was not really fair on Peyton. Yes we all know he's not a left back but he has certainly not let anyone down by his performances in that position so far this season. although we maybe needed a left back to allow him to push up into a more attacking role.

I agree that Senior for the second game running has impressed me.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 10:02:45 AM »

Whilst Peyton did a good job, he is quite obviously not a natural left back and I think the opposition took advantage of that which left him and the defence exposed at times.

He looked much more comortable playing in his preferred position, although I think he needed some composure with his final ball. It looked like he was relishing being played further up but maybe over excitment resulted in a few wayward crosses.

On the whole, I'd keep Scott at left back. Once he gets used to playing with Bandy & Co, I'm sure he'll fit in. Gutted that it was him that cocked up for the goal though  :-[

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 10:25:35 AM »

Peyton may have looked more comfortable but it seemed to me that after all that time he did not go at the player like he did at the begining of the season, he got forward but went for the pass instead of the man which would have been in some cases the better option.

I thought scott did a good job, yes he messed up for the goal, but like gaz said its not like the rest of the defence are innocent of such crimes this season. it was first game nerves. decent tackle at times mabe missing a little pace but hey lets give him a couple more games before we critisise!

Let he whom plays league football at leftback cast the first stone!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 11:54:36 AM »

For my money pace is one of the most important things at left back. I well remember at Tamworth when we were ripped apart by that loan player from Millwall. I would even prefer someone to play out of position at left back if they at least had the pace to get near such wingers.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 01:21:25 PM »

I have to admit I am a pretty good judge of players ablities  at an early stage.

Senior should play on left wing. He is short so point in putting him in the middle.

He is fast to run on to balls. Can dribble, can find a man, can cross and proves he will cause teams problems.

Scott on the other hand looked clumsy and not the left back we need to improve the team. I am not saying he is bad but he is no better than warren in that position.

ioko

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 01:34:50 PM »

At half-time I was ready to walk on Saturday. Everything was inept. I did fear the worst when I saw the size of their centre halfs and we, yet again, preceded to attack them in the air and won very little. I agree that it was good to see Peyton play further up - it was just a shame that his delivery was not quite up to par. At least he got himself into positions to cause trouble.

2nd half was a lot better (obviously) but I did think GH could have made the changes (Thomspson and Senior) slightly earlier. Again, we looked better with Robbie through the middle and Rod caused them problems out wide. As for Scott, lets not be too hasty. I didnt think he looked spectacular but one game shouldnt make or break a player.

How small is Senior?!!!!

Ah well, seaside here we come !!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 01:42:23 PM »

At half-time I was ready to walk on Saturday

I presume you mean to a different position to watch the game from ?  ???

I thought barr the first 20mins we looked ok (although totally outplayed and out battled for those 20mins) and certainly not the worst 1st half we have put in.

Peyton was probably struggling from playing in defence recently and a couple of games further upfield will see him crossing well and taking players on.

sticky11

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 12:15:12 PM »

How small is Senior?!!!!

He's 5 foot 4 but has a tigger-style bounce  ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Scott out.....Senior In