PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Curzon Ashton match thread  (Read 26553 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Curzon Ashton match thread
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2010, 12:02:13 AM »

today was a big let off for us,lets hope the players relise this and come out fighting and win this tie,WE NEED the money from a good run in this competition
Harold

bumble

« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2010, 12:15:24 AM »

today was a big let off for us,lets hope the players relise this and come out fighting and win this tie,WE NEED the money from a good run in this competition

Plus a run would give us a bit of confidence

I'd like to see us stick with denham and beesley for a few games, from what i saw today, they did show some promise today together.

I would (even if we do get hammered) try and build some partnerships around the team - keep two the cm/cb/strikers together (providing injuries doesnt stop this). I know after getting beat the first reaction is to change, and i understand that, however perhaps trying to re-build from the basics. getting a spine sorted is our first issue...

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2010, 12:22:33 AM »

Well, there are no more excuses to hide behind for that disgraceful display at Curzon Ashton.

They are not full-time.

They are not being paid more than our players.

They simply wanted to win the game more.

I was ashamed of Altrincham's wretched performance.

What on earth was Coburn doing with his positioning of the wall for their first goal?
Everyone could see where the Curzon player was going to place the ball.

Alty's defence was an utter shambles.
Williams looks like Bambi on ice; Joseph needs to sod off back to Bethlehem with Mary and Jesus and Brown should be donated to Oxfam.
Abysmal.

The only player I would exonerate from a lambasting is Clee.

And don't get me started on the uninterested Baynes.
Gloves?!
What the hell is he going to do when it gets really cold?
I've seen more fight in a convention of Quakers.

This is getting beyond embarrassing.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Butty

« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2010, 10:11:59 AM »

We need Danylyk and Lawton in the middle (if injuries allow)- while I agree they aren't the best footballers, at least they are willing to put in a shift for 90 minutes and rough up the opposition.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2010, 10:29:23 AM »

This surely has to be our lineup on Tuesday night:

Coburn

Densmore    Smith  Welch   Williams    Clee

Denham    Lawton   Danylyk 

Reeves    Beesley 

The midfield clearly needs to be beefed up and Danylyk has to start. I don't care about his attacking prowess, Clee MUST be a better left back than Ryan Brown and the above formation allows he and Densmore to get forward in any case. To send the same eleven players out there on Tuesday night (based on the reliable reports that I've heard) would be a total disgrace. Kenny didn't hesitate to make wholesale changes earlier in the season when players let him down. He must show the same strength of character now.

If Baynes and any other loan players aren't interested, f*ck them back off where they came from and let's bring some players in who've got the stomach for a fight. This is Altrincham, we pride ourselves on being a battling, never-say-die club. Players looking for an easy ride and a nice little earner need not apply.

GET OUT THERE ON TUESDAY NIGHT AND SHOW SOME PRIDE!
Come on Alty!

Nonleaguer

« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2010, 11:59:05 AM »

Interesting line up but rest assured Ken will probably not change things because he is now in the position where to accept defeat on the quality of his loan signings he will lose face. The players you list were all available to start in that formation yesterday but Lawton left shortly after arriving, Welch & Reeves were obviously advised that they weren't in the squad and loanee Milne also was equally disappointed.

Granted Ken can't keep all the players happy but with the likes of Baynes / Somner not looking like they give a monkeys what message does it convey to the other squad members? No doubt Dean Saunders / David Holdsworth were rubbing their hands when they offloaded a couple of their wage earners to Alty.

This added to the fact that Doughty is now signed up at Witton Albion just goes to show what issues the club faces.

markecky

« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2010, 12:08:19 PM »

Surely the fact that Matt Doughty has signed forms for Witton and dropped yet another league shows how far away from getting back to playing in the Conference he is?

A Nantwich fan came on here and said he was miles off the pace when he played for them.

We need to forget Matt Doughty I fear...harsh as that may be.

As I have said in another post, Tuesdays team should consist of players who actually want to play.  Others should stay at home.

All the loan players can sit in the stand for me...we tried with them and its not worked.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:10:44 PM by markecky »

Dougals Dad

« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2010, 12:14:00 PM »

One thing I have mentioned before about loan players - they are players who cannot get into their own BSP teams - maybe we need to look at loans from players who can't get into higher level teams.

taxi Phil

« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2010, 12:40:46 PM »

The problem with loan players is that they're full time pros, and many consider playing for a part time club to be beneath their dignity. Plus, when they're being asked to reinforce a team as poor as ours is right now, it doesn't do much to enhance their CV. As their agents are doubtless quick to point out !

bumble

« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2010, 12:45:06 PM »

Atleast for now, we're still in the draw, perhaps a good draw might motivate the players?

I presume it's tomorrow?

markecky

« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2010, 12:48:53 PM »

Atleast for now, we're still in the draw, perhaps a good draw might motivate the players?

I presume it's tomorrow?

It'll be Crawley away...

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2010, 12:51:16 PM »

Somehow Ken needs to find players who see a loan move to Alty being a positive step in their careers i.e. Ryan Shotton rather than disgruntled 'stars' who see the move to a part time club as a step down.
If he can't find such players he would be better off looking down the pyramid for scrappers as Ecky said.  

What wouldn't we give for a back four of Scottie, Talbs, Mad Dog and Chrissy Adams in their pomp now. No flashy boots and bloody gloves with that lot.

I don't know what terms we have got Somner and that light weight from Wrexham on but whatever it is it's too much. Talk about going through the motions.

andrewflynn

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2010, 01:07:31 PM »

Didn't go so I can't fully comment but I find it highly peculiar reading that Somner seemed uninterested, primarily because when he arrived he seemed like the fighting type which we are now calling for.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2010, 01:38:18 PM »

When he arrived I agree he did seem to exactly what we were looking for.

I base my comment on the difference in effectiveness between the Fleetwood match where he was excellent and yesterday.

With his experience and ability he should have bossed midfield yesterday but unfortunately he was as anonymous as the rest.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2010, 03:30:10 PM »

Surely the fact that Matt Doughty has signed forms for Witton and dropped yet another league shows how far away from getting back to playing in the Conference he is?

A Nantwich fan came on here and said he was miles off the pace when he played for them.

So is Ryan Brown.

But we keep playing him.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton match thread