PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights match thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Tonights match thread  (Read 22653 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tonights match thread
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2010, 09:42:47 PM »

FT 2-0

I hope the players realish that they were very lucky to get a second bit of the cherry. Excellent result

Agreed mate, hopefully this will be the catalyst for a big improvement in form. I still feel new faces are required in January though.
Come on Alty!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2010, 10:05:46 PM »

Quote from: Altyant on Today at 08:10:25 pm
Quote from: ALTY 1981 on Today at 08:09:15 pm
24 no gap in quality between sides 0-0

Oh dear.......

Doesnt sound good

I'm not surprised at all, even though they are supposed to be 3 leagues below us, there standard of play on saturday up front anyway was a far higher level than their league status, so the fact we have taken a more defensive and sensible approach is expected, I think they will tire and we will make chances,....  ;)

I would have been happy with a draw, but sounds like my hoped for plan came off, we do seem better keeping it tight and taking chances when they come, like Fleetwood, Hayes, and other late goals. We dont seem able to control games with current crop of players if we play positively do we,....what do you all think?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2010, 10:16:10 PM »

Oh dear.......

Doesnt sound good

I'm not surprised at all, even though they are supposed to be 3 leagues below us, there standard of play on saturday up front anyway was a far higher level than their league status, so the fact we have taken a more defensive and sensible approach is expected, I think they will tire and we will make chances,....  ;)

I would have been happy with a draw, but sounds like my hoped for plan came off, we do seem better keeping it tight and taking chances when they come, like Fleetwood, Hayes, and other late goals. We dont seem able to control games with current crop of players if we play positively do we,....what do you all think?

Agreed.
Playing solidly at the back and using the counter to nip a goal has served us well over the last couple of seasons.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2010, 10:30:17 PM »

Well done lads and whatever you did different from Saturday keep doing it.

5 Grand in the coffers will help enormously... Now for Blythe and some more cash..

Cmon Alty

Dreadful new about Dale Roberts at Rushden
Sympathies to the lads family and friends and R&D FC

RIP Lad.

bighairedmike

« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2010, 10:52:45 PM »

Oh dear.......

Doesnt sound good

On Saturday we wouldnt have been able to hold a fart, the defense was so bad. Good result tonight. Devastated I couldn't be there but onwards and upwards. Come on you red and white bastards!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2010, 12:24:03 AM »

Positives from the second Curzon Ashton FA Trophy match:

Altrincham FC are still in the competition and £5k better off.

Negatives:

a laboured, uninspired and totally unconvincing win over a team three leagues below us.

We are light years away from Conference survival with this set of players.

Ponderous has-beens up front like Beesley and Twiss will get us nowhere.

Surreal aspect of the evening:

listening to Gracie Fields' rendition of Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye blasting out from the PA system after the final whistle.
Was this in response to a request submitted by George Heslop...?   

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2010, 12:36:23 AM »

Good to hear the PA announcer congratulate Altrincham and wish success in the next round
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2010, 07:40:59 AM »

Nice friendly little club. Good luck to them for the rest of the season.

markecky

« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2010, 08:10:47 AM »

For me the positive was that it was better.  Not good..but better.

The defence didnt look like it would concede on every attack like Saturday and at times we did some defending as well.

Loads of work to do but cup games are about winning and we won.

Saturday is massive....a raggy three points there and a lift to confidence and you just never know.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2010, 08:30:27 AM »

Yes its all about beating histon on saturday now,if we can sneak past them things will look a lot brighter, im predicting we will smash our attendanec record on saturday

joe

« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2010, 08:35:52 AM »

With snow forecast on Friday it could be off.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2010, 06:37:50 PM »

For me the positive was that it was better.  Not good..but better.

The defence didnt look like it would concede on every attack like Saturday and at times we did some defending as well.

Loads of work to do but cup games are about winning and we won.

Saturday is massive....a raggy three points there and a lift to confidence and you just never know.

Ecky,

Be honest though, it couldn't conceivably have been any worse than Saturday, could it..?!

The return of James Smith to his sweeping role behind Williams and Joseph at least shored up our brittle defence, restricting Curzon Ashton to just the one clear chance.

Our woeful ball retention and erratic distribution continue to drive me to distraction though.

That prize money of £5k might just be enough to fund a transfer swoop for Warren Peyton as our new left full back....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2010, 10:39:19 PM »

That prize money of £5k might just be enough to fund a transfer swoop for Warren Peyton as our new left full back....

Personally, I would have Warren, Joe and (if he can still run) Laney back like a shot at the minute to be honest with you. I really would.

bumble

« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2010, 08:19:16 AM »

Nice friendly little club. Good luck to them for the rest of the season.

Well said, they should do alright in the league, shame amount the lack of support
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights match thread