PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport Away
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Southport Away  (Read 9186 times)

Knutsford Alty

Southport Away
« on: January 30, 2007, 02:52:53 PM »

I’m nervous already about the Southport game, bearing in mind our away form this season.  Saturday’s game must be a game where the players can be positive of gaining three cricial points.  The table is very tight down there and a win can push you right up the table. 

COME ON ALTY, COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Southport Away
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 02:54:55 PM »

Don't be nervous, Knutsford, just get up there with the rest of us and cheer those mighty Robins home to their first (but not last) away win of the season!

Here's your inaugural Goodwin to cheer you up  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 02:57:58 PM »

I will be there no doubt amongst a good following from the mighty Alty.  I will be nervous as hell thou nothing will change that.......

radcliffe alty

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 03:40:17 PM »

We have to win. Simple as that - a gutsy point away from home will not do now.

If we can win - and I think we can (AND MUST) - and presuming Tamworth lose again I think we can stop sweating about the bottom two places. Yes I know everyone can go on a run, but I think this would leave Tam and Port too cast adrift needing a massive turnaround to be safe.

We then only have to worry about the other two places, which we know we can avoid. There are definitely more than 2 other teams worse than us this season BUT - they all seem to be able to win away at times when they need to.

We need to back this win up with some follow on results. York will be tough, but we need to put more of a run together. Too many times this season we have got a good win only to not follow it up. A couple of back to back wins between now and the end of the season should do it, along with a few of the unexpected draws we always seem able to get.

See you at Southport.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 03:45:10 PM »

We have to win. Simple as that - a gutsy point away from home will not do now.

If we can win - and I think we can (AND MUST) - and presuming Tamworth lose again I think we can stop sweating about the bottom two places. Yes I know everyone can go on a run, but I think this would leave Tam and Port too cast adrift needing a massive turnaround to be safe.

We then only have to worry about the other two places, which we know we can avoid. There are definitely more than 2 other teams worse than us this season BUT - they all seem to be able to win away at times when they need to.

We need to back this win up with some follow on results. York will be tough, but we need to put more of a run together. Too many times this season we have got a good win only to not follow it up. A couple of back to back wins between now and the end of the season should do it, along with a few of the unexpected draws we always seem able to get.

See you at Southport.

My feelings exactly. See you on the terraces.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »

Trust me i know what you mean, i feel saturday will be pivotal. A win and were up the table and won't look back, untill york that is! yes yes i know people i was joking.

a loss and were in the mire in a big way, being an optimist it won't really phase me but to be fair i can't be arsed reading all the people coming out and predicting doom and gloom on us i can imagine it now "if we can't beat a team below us without a manager...", "oh were in there now i just don't see us getting out of the relegation zone again", "the away wins never gonna come" blah blah b-lah.

and after that mini rant lets get predicting!!

2-0 to us senior with the first and his first for the club second from bush ala woking!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 03:52:13 PM »

Hard fought 2-2 with doom and gloom being spouted from people on here. First time ever a football season finishes on the 3rd february when you read the comments on here.

We are going away to another part time team who are in a more 'make or break' situation that us. Yes they have only won 3 games at home but we haven't won any away and BOTH teams will see this as must win.

Praying for a win but think its going to be hard, and probably windy. A performance like the second half v Kiddy and no matter what the result we have given it our best shot.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 03:57:42 PM »

have to say gaz if we play as well as we did second half at kiddy i'd be expecting a destruction! we were excellent but at the same time bevan was like a gluestick, everything stuck to him

Alty Rock God

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 04:00:54 PM »

If we can start well, and not just get going for the second half, then I can see us getting a 1-0, maybe a 2-0 win. However, I'm not holding much hope for some decent grub.  Was awful last time.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 04:03:57 PM »

i heard they had expanded their range, extra mold for all now

ioko

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 04:25:47 PM »

I dont care if its perceived as "doom and gloom" (this is a forum and not a continual positive thinking cult after all), I agree that Saturday is a must win game - not just for the 3pts we will garner, but for the players mindset.

Just for the record, I think we will win on Saturday so I guess that makes me positive too. 

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 04:38:20 PM »

ioko, we were not getting at you personally surelly you reading it like that says more than we ever could?

its not so much the build up its the post match doom and gloom that pisses me off. by midweek its seems forgotten about and everyone goes on about winning the next week. when were in tamworths position then i would be ok with hearing things like i mentioned above but we not in an at all bad position relative to budget, games left to play, and the closeness of the league.

once again i re-itterate my post was not directed at one person in particular, but a general doom and gloom we encounter after every 'dropped' points situation

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 04:55:52 PM »

ioko, we were not getting at you personally surelly you reading it like that says more than we ever could?

its not so much the build up its the post match doom and gloom that pisses me off. by midweek its seems forgotten about and everyone goes on about winning the next week. when were in tamworths position then i would be ok with hearing things like i mentioned above but we not in an at all bad position relative to budget, games left to play, and the closeness of the league.

once again i re-itterate my post was not directed at one person in particular, but a general doom and gloom we encounter after every 'dropped' points situation

I'm still not over going out of the Trophy.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 05:08:59 PM »

well we all know we should have won that

Altysmiffy

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 05:51:38 PM »

well we all know we should have won that

This is one thing that concerns me; how many "games we should have won," will there be at the end of the season? Not too many I hope!

For the record, I think Northwich & Stafford are the teams that most need to look over their shoulders.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport Away