News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reserves tonight...

Author Topic: Reserves tonight...  (Read 2876 times)

samba

Reserves tonight...
« on: January 31, 2007, 12:46:10 PM »

Anybody going?
I'm taking advantage of my new found freedom (passed my driving test and got a car :D) to go, first reserve match i've been to.  I'm assuming there won't be many people? Anyone off here going?

I'll make sure to report back tomorrow...

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Reserves tonight...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 12:54:56 PM »

aye might pop down for the game not doin owt at the moment

samba

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 10:55:24 PM »

Was really good match.  I think we showed quite a bit of good play, especially in the final 3rd, although some of the finishing left a bit to be desired.  A bit sloppy in defence in places, but overall a great game.  Pat was all over the pitch, and Tommo did really really well. 

Altysmiffy

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 11:02:14 PM »

Did Bowler & Andy Scott play? How did they do, if so?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 12:26:21 AM »

bowler played scott didn't, Scott was more effective

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 03:57:52 AM »

Bowler played well if anyones wondering. Ran at people a lot and generally looked more purposeful than he has been doing.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 10:16:05 AM »

you reckon ballers? i thought he was weak again, was stood waiting for balls to come to him instead of making the run, poor at tracking back, saw him run 3 times granted the three times he did ok and lost his man but is that enough for a winger in a game that, if we are to believe, is way below the level he is capable of playing?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 12:21:37 PM »

I didn't bother to put it but I was actually going to mention I thought he did a fair bit of tracking back, especially after the young quick coloured lads came on in the second half and started sort of doing his attacking, weel it cuaght my eye on at least one occasion anyway.

Surprising what you see when you watch a game with an open mind without having a strict viewpoint on a player.

Also, noticed he was getting into his position to get the ball but it was taking forever to get out to him. Generally the idea with out and out wingers is when you get the ball get it out to them rapid so they can run at the full back. Last night it generally seemed to be players (full backs) etc hanging on to the ball (why?) and then playing it out to him, by which time there were 3 players to contend with rather than one, thus he kept on running inside.

Was much the same on his last 1st team appearance I saw, team doesn't play to his strengths. Can moan at him for not being able to deal with that the way, say, Robbie Lawton does but I don't think that's why he was signed. I think the Justin Bowler we saw at the start of pre-season would be a huge asset late on in games nowadays.

Having said all that I honestly haven't seen that much of him recently but reserve games aren't an accurate reflection of first team football at any level. Last time I went a reserves game Bushell, Little and Potts were playing and all 3 played like a pile of wank  ???

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 01:27:06 PM »

i'd love nothing more than to see bowler in a game and him change my mind completely. i feel last nite he was just poor to average, some shows of a bit of what he can do but not enough to convince me yet. I may have noticed bits you didn't due to my at times wavering concentration span. but every time i looked in on him and what he was doing it just didn't seem like it was for the team in any way. this may have had something to do with the fact he was playing in the reserves out of position on the right but i don't know. on the other hand i was impressed by a few of the lads out there last night looked fast and up for it which is what i want to see out of bowler more.

I want to give him a chance i really really do and from what i have read from reports of previous reserve games he's played well but i am yet, in my opinion, to see it
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reserves tonight...