PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mansfield Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Mansfield Match Thread  (Read 39288 times)

Bath Alty

Re: Mansfield Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: January 03, 2011, 05:41:56 PM »

Got in just in time to see the final score appear on BBC.  Even those 2 minutes after seeing we were one up was tense - almost glad I didn't have to suffer the whole of the match thread!

Well done boys a great result with a rotated team!

JT

« Reply #166 on: January 03, 2011, 06:24:54 PM »

Brilliant win today! Onwards and upwards :)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2011, 06:31:25 PM »

Great result today, well done.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #168 on: January 03, 2011, 06:32:08 PM »

Gateshead have just scored at Southport.

Scorelines elsewhere are pretty favourable - so far.

What a day it would be to pinch a 1-0 away victory...

Yep

Dougals Dad

« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2011, 06:34:30 PM »

Vics match at Bradford PA abandoned at half time due to frozen pitch.
huh, must have got very cold very quickly

Vics only win when Hell freezes over - so this is close!

yellowswoop

« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2011, 06:34:41 PM »

Alty were complete sh*te, but Mansfield were even worst a truely horrid game of football, the standard was pathetic.

I cannot complain against the scoreline though, we both had our fair amount of decent chances and i personally think you was very lucky not to get a man sent off when Connor was through, and we was very unlucky not to get a peno when Connor was man handled by one of your players. So yes, the REF was at a usual BSP standard.

I was very displeased with some really bad Time wasting by you lot, but at the end of the day you're come back with a fanstatic win.

Talked to a few of you're fans on the way out, nice chaps. Anyway Good luck for the rest of the season.

York Alty

« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2011, 06:39:20 PM »

Alty were complete sh*te, but Mansfield were even worst a truely horrid game of football, the standard was pathetic.

I cannot complain against the scoreline though, we both had our fair amount of decent chances and i personally think you was very lucky not to get a man sent off when Connor was through, and we was very unlucky not to get a peno when Connor was man handled by one of your players. So yes, the REF was at a usual BSP standard.

so what are the excuses for the grimsby result?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2011, 06:44:12 PM »

Bit of a bugger not being able to get home in time for the game - missed a bum-squeeking treat!

bumble

« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2011, 06:53:54 PM »

I was very displeased with some really bad Time wasting by you lot, but at the end of the day you're come back with a fanstatic win.
Talked to a few of you're fans on the way out, nice chaps. Anyway Good luck for the rest of the season.
The only player form your team that deserved any praise was the left winger - who did most of your damage first half
We didn't time waste really, a player went down injured and we wanted an inswinging corner
You could say it was a red, however it wasn't
You can see why Grimsby scored 7, shakey at the back
We knocked the ball about and defended when needed - the ref was fair today considering we've have some bad refs in the past when away - I must admit the cross bar and stu came to the rescue

Disappointed with the lack of singing from home fans - a few songs early doors and the odd STAGS

Could you tell me what the mascot was doing towards the end ? Galloping round the pitch with the flag ?

I think 2-1 Alty would have been fair
You probably deserved a goal but we deserved to win

yellowswoop

« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »

Firstly, the fans were disraught at the fact how poor we were performing.

I'm not trying to get spark anything here, but you can't surely think you performed well? Like i said, I cannot argue with the scoreline and we were no doubt even worst, but all you did was Hoof it up the field, I never seen you string any passes together.

Fans arn't going to sing to much with a performance like that, i was also disapointed with hardly any noise coming from you lot, and i thought you would of managed a little bit more than that, respect to all 90 odd of you though.

It was a perfect viewing for a Blue square game, truely horrid, crap standard of football, it was more like pingpong, and of course a awful ref.

stagsfan

« Reply #175 on: January 03, 2011, 07:22:40 PM »

I must have been at a different game, the only team to lump it up the field was MTFC.  ALTY had a game plan and won, simple really. 

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 03, 2011, 07:25:39 PM »

John Cockle, Robert Dodsley, Sid Dernley, Liam Lawrence, Richard Bacon, Oliver Wilson, Alvin Stardust, Kris Commons, Rebecca Adlington, Peter Barlow,
Yellowswoop. Can you hear me.

YOUR BOYS TOOK A HELL OF A BEATING ;D
They really should be beating teams like us

brian1925

« Reply #177 on: January 03, 2011, 07:30:39 PM »

We are part time. We have played the teams 7th and 9th in the space of 3 days. We have got 4 points and not conceded a goal. We must be truly pants!
Well done to everybody associated with the post-Christmas effort at Alty. We're just a striker away from mid-table safety.

bumble

« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2011, 07:32:19 PM »

How can you say " Fans arn't going to sing to much with a performance like that, i was also disapointed with hardly any noise coming from you lot, and i thought you would of managed a little bit more than that, respect to all 90 odd of you though"

I travelled (along with other) 6 hours down to eastbourne, to see us hammered 5-0 playing much worse than you today , and we sang way more that you today- WHEN YOUR TEAM IS PLAYING BAD, YOU SHOULD SING MORE TO MOTIVATE THEM

you were sloppy, and just launched it - we played football and deserved a win

No offense to the players in todays alty line up, having heard it - i wasnt filled with confidence, but every alty player played with pride and SHOULD based on today earned the right to play wednesday/sunday.

Im proud of our singing, it was loud and quite consistant - we sang both before and after the goal

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2011, 08:31:36 PM »

85 books Holsgrove presumably for timewasting as Beesley on for Baines

This was quite the most ridiculous and most bizarre booking of the season.

Wes Baines is lying injured injured in their penalty area as Holsgrove walks past him to take the corner, and the ref books him for time wasting before waving the trainer on to attend to Baines !!    ???   ???   ???

How the F**k did he work that one out ?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mansfield Match Thread