PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creepy Crawlies
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Creepy Crawlies  (Read 11253 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: Creepy Crawlies
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 12:12:58 AM »

Creepy Crawlies is the name of a soft play centre in Irvine - not sure I can go any more now (with Jennifer, obviously!)

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 12:26:53 AM »

They were a touch fortunate in my opinion. Survived a poorly taken penalty in the first 10 minutes, and then Tubbs should have gone for a two footed challenge (OK, it WAS on Robbie Savage which may be justifiable). Finally nicked it in stoppage time. Derby were below par.
They're capable of beating Torquay, and the money from the Cup run will go a long way to replenishing their "bottomless money pit". I'd normally be delighted for a club from our league achieving this, but somehow my enthusiasm is lacking this time.

Jacko

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 11:11:12 AM »

"Crawley have paid more in transfer fees since the summer than all of the clubs in League 1 combined"!!

Staggering!

speechless.

lol, this is the part that confused me, evans mentions ambitious as there best asset but surely money should never be mistaken for this! If they go up they keep a big crowd pulling team down that's the only positive I can think of for us!

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 12:46:53 PM »

put a quid on for Crawley to win 2-1 so got a cheeky 12 quid from it :)

bigcol

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 03:45:58 PM »

I just hope they go up - I can't be doing with them being in our league much longer.

At least Luton, Wrexham, Mansfield etc will know how much money it takes to 'buy' your way out of the league.  Telling everyone you are a 'big' club doesn't work.

York Alty

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 03:57:50 PM »

Creepy Crawlies is the name of a soft play centre in Irvine - not sure I can go any more now (with Jennifer, obviously!)

It's also a great play centre in York.  I've got a free pass for my lot but even they are getting too old...

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 06:07:12 PM »

Play Torquay away in the next round so could well get through to rd 5
Bernard Taylors barmy army

York Alty

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 06:20:38 PM »

buggeration - them in round 5 would irritate me.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 10:39:56 PM »

buggeration - them in round 5 would irritate me.

Me too

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 12:22:36 AM »

i liked this article in the Daily Telegraph - seems at least one journalist did a bit of research about Mr Evans and Crawley.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/8252766/Are-Crawley-Town-the-least-popular-non-league-FA-Cup-giant-killers-ever.html

RocketDan

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 07:57:01 PM »

Notwithstanding the fact that Steve Evans is a convicted fraudster, this thread and anti-Crawley attitudes in general stinks of hypocrisy. People often post on here about the lack of external investment and yet when another clubs gets a hefty wedge to spend on transfers everyone is up in arms about the illegitimacy of the money. I for one would love a big money backer pumping money into the club, good luck to them I say.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 08:21:16 PM »

Notwithstanding the fact that Steve Evans is a convicted fraudster, this thread and anti-Crawley attitudes in general stinks of hypocrisy. People often post on here about the lack of external investment and yet when another clubs gets a hefty wedge to spend on transfers everyone is up in arms about the illegitimacy of the money. I for one would love a big money backer pumping money into the club, good luck to them I say.

To be fair Dan.  I think the main reason people are criticising Crawley is down to the fact that Fat Evans is involved with Crawley and his history isnt the best when it comes to matters of finance.
If it was any other club then folks would probably wish them well..

Evans is the main reason I dont like Crawley and I have to say, if he were to ever become manager of Alty I would have to think long and hard if I would want to watch them with him in charge.

York Alty

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 08:24:19 PM »

I like to think myself as reasonable sort of bloke.  Evens is beyond what I can stomach though.  To see that odious convict in the Footy League would be another nail in the respectablity of footy.

There are very few people I'd not invite into my house for a cuppa.  Evans is one of them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:29:35 PM by York Alty »

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 08:44:39 PM »

I like to think myself as reasonable sort of bloke.  Evens is beyond what I can stomach though.  To see that odious convict in the Footy League would be another nail in the respectablity of footy.

There are very few people I'd not invite into my house for a cuppa.  Evans is one of them.

For a very reasonable fee, I'll not release your address to Jim Rushe......................or Colin Peake.

fuertes

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 08:41:27 AM »

Anonymous backers don't get involved with Non-league clubs for no reason. Think about it. Where's the financial return? Where's the publicity? This WILL all go tits up. At that stage, people will end up being screwed out of money, whilst well-run clubs will have been denied success by Crawley and their overspending. It'll be incredibly harsh on Wimbledon if they miss out on promotion this year to Crawley, who later go into administration (AGAIN).

I would hate a backer pumping money into the club. First, it's unsustainable and dangerous. Second, it makes 'success' meaningless. If I was a billionaire, I could throw cash at Trafford FC year after year after year after year. Eventually I might win the Premier League. Is that something to be enjoyed or admired? Is it f**k. It's an idiot with no sense of fair play or competition going nuts and buying success. Not interested.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creepy Crawlies