PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creepy Crawlies
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Creepy Crawlies  (Read 11240 times)

AltyIan

Re: Creepy Crawlies
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 02:47:45 PM »

Notwithstanding the fact that Steve Evans is a convicted fraudster, this thread and anti-Crawley attitudes in general stinks of hypocrisy. People often post on here about the lack of external investment and yet when another clubs gets a hefty wedge to spend on transfers everyone is up in arms about the illegitimacy of the money. I for one would love a big money backer pumping money into the club, good luck to them I say.

Anonymous backers don't get involved with Non-league clubs for no reason. Think about it. Where's the financial return? Where's the publicity? This WILL all go tits up. At that stage, people will end up being screwed out of money, whilst well-run clubs will have been denied success by Crawley and their overspending. It'll be incredibly harsh on Wimbledon if they miss out on promotion this year to Crawley, who later go into administration (AGAIN).

I would hate a backer pumping money into the club. First, it's unsustainable and dangerous. Second, it makes 'success' meaningless. If I was a billionaire, I could throw cash at Trafford FC year after year after year after year. Eventually I might win the Premier League. Is that something to be enjoyed or admired? Is it f**k. It's an idiot with no sense of fair play or competition going nuts and buying success. Not interested.

I agree with this mostly, but to be fair, the chairman of crawley at the moment is simply a local lad and a crawley fan, as far as i'm concerned he has every right to do what he seems is best for his club, as I don't think he's in the game for money, he's in the game for tho love of it.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Creepy Crawlies
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 09:52:13 PM »

Notwithstanding the fact that Steve Evans is a convicted fraudster, this thread and anti-Crawley attitudes in general stinks of hypocrisy. People often post on here about the lack of external investment and yet when another clubs gets a hefty wedge to spend on transfers everyone is up in arms about the illegitimacy of the money. I for one would love a big money backer pumping money into the club, good luck to them I say.

Anonymous backers don't get involved with Non-league clubs for no reason. Think about it. Where's the financial return? Where's the publicity? This WILL all go tits up. At that stage, people will end up being screwed out of money, whilst well-run clubs will have been denied success by Crawley and their overspending. It'll be incredibly harsh on Wimbledon if they miss out on promotion this year to Crawley, who later go into administration (AGAIN).

I would hate a backer pumping money into the club. First, it's unsustainable and dangerous. Second, it makes 'success' meaningless. If I was a billionaire, I could throw cash at Trafford FC year after year after year after year. Eventually I might win the Premier League. Is that something to be enjoyed or admired? Is it f**k. It's an idiot with no sense of fair play or competition going nuts and buying success. Not interested.

I agree with this mostly, but to be fair, the chairman of crawley at the moment is simply a local lad and a crawley fan, as far as i'm concerned he has every right to do what he seems is best for his club, as I don't think he's in the game for money, he's in the game for tho love of it.

Naive claptrap Alty Ian. Where was this millionaire boyhood fan a few years ago when they wanted to sell to someone to take to the next level, ended up selling to the majeeds. WHere's he been during all the times they've needed hm before?

Me personally, I'm not fussed by them. I've seen this before and won't cry for them when the fall comes. If I'm somehow wrong and it all works out perfectly for them then fair enough, everyone can throw money at it if they want, won't be any hatred from me, just a football club down south with money.

What I would say however is that I am not owed money by Crawley (in the sense that I once had to accept a cva payment rather than in full). If I had been cva'd as it were I'd feel very slighted by the ostentatiousness of it all at the minute. There are a number of business and individuals in that boat. Crawley should perhaps bear that in mind.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Creepy Crawlies