Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blyth Spartans - MATCHDAY THREAD (Live Radio Coverage of saturdays match)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Blyth Spartans - MATCHDAY THREAD (Live Radio Coverage of saturdays match)  (Read 62004 times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Blyth Spartans - MATCHDAY THREAD (Live Radio Coverage of saturdays match)
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2011, 04:58:59 PM »

histon lose 2-1 at home to York
Alty game in hand on Eastbourne + Hayes

Great..!! An extra game we can lose....

I share your gallows humour but I seriously reckon Eastbourne at home far more winnable than an away cup tie at Blythe.

I hope I am right.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

brian1925

« Reply #181 on: January 15, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »

Our fate is completely in our own hands. Practically all the bottom half sides to play at home, but just one or two key players short - another Somner and a striker from somewhere to partner Reeves.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2011, 05:00:32 PM »

histon lose 2-1 at home to York
Alty game in hand on Eastbourne + Hayes

Great..!! An extra game we can lose....

I share your gallows humour but I seriously reckon Eastbourne at home far more winnable than an away cup tie at Blythe.

Just feeling a bit down - I agree that we do have a better chance

I hope I am right.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2011, 05:01:10 PM »

I hope I am right.

Hear, hear. Unbeaten in the league in 2011
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jezza

« Reply #184 on: January 15, 2011, 05:02:46 PM »

we knew it would be a tough game....doesn't sound to me like the players did...neither do i get any sense from cup games that the majority of the players understand the importance of The FA Trophy and the FA Cup to the club or to the fans.

Well done to all who travelled you came through loud and clear.

And well done Blyth, sounds like they deserved it but more importantly, sounds like they wanted it more.

Slight praise for Ken for changing it round...shame we didn't go all out to batter them for the first 20 minutes and gone 3-0 up.

Beats me how we can go to Mansfield and Rushden and win deservedly and then go and lose in a trophy game to go through to the last 16 where anything can happen.....I just get a sense that the majority of our players are focussed on conference survival and treat the cups a lot less seriously.

I'm sick of it and feel very let down by the team time after time in the cup whereas they make me so proud in the league sometimes....as someone said same old same old.

Think I'd have felt just as let down had we got a last minute equaliser....certainly would have felt embarassed that we'd got another underserved chance.

VofD

« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2011, 05:04:03 PM »

I hope I am right.

Yes, so what's gone wrong today after 2 great away wins?

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2011, 05:07:17 PM »

Eastbourne have a replay to play too. Small positives but none the less...
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

bigcol

« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2011, 05:12:34 PM »

Williams wasn't an error. It was a long ball, the 2nd man missed it leaving him one on one with Brayson, he went for the ball and missed. He had no choice.

Twiss wasn't a sitter either, keeper did well.

As much as we love JL don't make all opinions on his one-liners. IMHO anyway.

Right! What do Alty need? An experienced deep-lying midfielder, someone to pick out a pass and see what is happening in front. Our midfield is just too 'workmanlike' and there's no craft.

I think that would do it for us, the rest isn't that bad.

Who? No idea I'm not a scout. Tony Grant maybe? Someone like him, local, experienced etc. Sure the more knowledgeable will know better than I who could do that job.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »

Williams wasn't an error. It was a long ball, the 2nd man missed it leaving him one on one with Brayson, he went for the ball and missed. He had no choice.

Twiss wasn't a sitter either, keeper did well.

As much as we love JL don't make all opinions on his one-liners. IMHO anyway.

Right! What do Alty need? An experienced deep-lying midfielder, someone to pick out a pass and see what is happening in front. Our midfield is just too 'workmanlike' and there's no craft.

I think that would do it for us, the rest isn't that bad.

Who? No idea I'm not a scout. Tony Grant maybe? Someone like him, local, experienced etc. Sure the more knowledgeable will know better than I who could do that job.

Admittedly I wasnt there and you obviously were so your comments on this particular game are worth more than mine but I was going off what the commentators said and not JL.

Anyway, i still stand by what I said based on what I have witnessed first hand.

It's a Forum and we're here to disagree and if you think that they're up to the job then that's your opinion and I respect it.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2011, 05:54:10 PM »

Sort the defence out and the team will have solid foundations to build upon. The number of goals conceded is a reflection of our current plight.

bigcol

« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2011, 06:08:16 PM »

No problem just saying how I saw it.  I see so little of alty but I don't think Robbie is as bad as is made out.

Our defense is ok - Smudger & Robbie are about as good as we can get I'd imagine at our wage level, it's that midfield role I see missing.

Shame Twiss is on a contract - so poor - and Hewson plays like he's never experienced any level of pro football, never mind Utd Reserves.

Roll on Darlo away in March!

boltonrobin

« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2011, 06:10:03 PM »

Love it when so called supporters post on here and tell us all how crap they think players are, when they haven't even been to the game!  It's all subjective and everyone has their favorite players  :o

Williams score one of the goals that got us into this round...Well we should have been out of the Cup but for a powercut that saved our skins!
He also got us out of the sh*t against Rushden at home in the 89th Minute..Oh he was a hero then wasn't he :P

Think some of you need a reality check sometimes!

Rant Over!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 09:37:20 AM by boltonrobin »

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2011, 06:19:28 PM »

Love it when so called supporters post on here and tell us all how crap they think players are, went they haven't even been to the game!  It's all subjective and everyone has their favorite players  :o

Williams score one of the goals that got us into this round...Well we should have been out of the Cup but for a powercut that saved our skins!
He also got us out of the sh*t against Rushden at home in the 89th Minute..Oh he was a hero then wasn't he :P

Think some of you need a reality check sometimes!

Rant Over!

Fair point but having watched Alty for 27 years I know the standard of player needed to compete at this level.

taxi Phil

« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2011, 09:16:54 PM »

So do most of us Stan, but that type of player is generally beyond our budget.

bumble

« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2011, 09:31:23 PM »

I hope I am right.

Yes, so what's gone wrong today after 2 great away wins?
A sense of fight?, we've obviously needed points so were up to fight for it - perhaps a slight cockyness about it? - I think its back to our best on tuesday
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blyth Spartans - MATCHDAY THREAD (Live Radio Coverage of saturdays match)