Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 17, 2018, 10:16:18 AM
268897 Posts in 21986 Topics by 2238 Members
Latest Member: Daycaredan
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Who are ya .. Who are Ya ? (New members introduce yourself here) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: Who are ya .. Who are Ya ? (New members introduce yourself here)  (Read 71481 times)
gazwarrington
Administrator
Regular First Team

Like this post? +329/-441

ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006

View Profile WWW
« on: January 18, 2011, 11:59:23 AM »

After the 'no intro' thread I thought I'd start this thread for 'newbies' to introduce themselves on the forum...

Of course some people don't like using their real names and that's not what this about, more about why you support Alty, how long you have been coming and generally letting people know you have arrived Smiley

Enjoy the forum...
Steve-o
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 09:08:59 AM »

Just moved back from canada after 8 year, alty through and through
wayno
Regular First Team

Like this post? +313/-359

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 09:17:17 AM »

That is super welcome aboard- lets hope your arrival is a good luck charm

ParkINson's red and white army
DannyAllen1
Youth Team

Like this post? +3/-1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 12:32:48 PM »

HELLO

I am danny allen and I have been watch alty since 2003!

i follow the Alty Boys becasue they are my local team! i enjoy watching any football! but for some reason i love watching alty!!

can only watch the lads on tuesday though due to work commitments! now my work patterns have changed i will do my upmost to attend every away fixture as possible! (ON TUESDAY EVENINGS ONLY!)

Danny Allen
Mrs Trellis
Youth \ Reserve Team

Like this post? +12/-12

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 10:07:47 PM »

Good idea this.

First came to watch Alty when I was 6 when a chap in my class at school took us all to watch a match for his birthday.  From this early introduction I, along with a couple of pals, became a regular and was even a programme seller for a couple of seasons.  When I learnt to drive we managed to get ourselves to such far flung outposts as Kettering, Kidderminster, and Telford, such was our enthusiasm.  When I went off to uni. my pals got swayed by the bright lights and fat pay-checks of the Premier league and I, too, found myself lured into a social mire of George Best-ian proportions that meant I allowed my attention to 'the boys' to lapse. 

Anyway, to quote that roller-skating goddes, Gloria Gaynor, 'and now I'm back', and what made me want to come and watch Altrincham in the first place is the same reason that I'm enjoying watching them now.

Come on Reds!
Putney Alty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +156/-204

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 03:03:45 PM »

Only just spotted this thread. A belated welcome to each of you  Grin
wellingboroughALTY
Reserve Team

Like this post? +8/-5

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 03:28:50 PM »

Hi
My name is Tom and I have been watching Alty for about 11 years.
Living in Northamptonshire I don't get to regular home games and go to more away games than home.
My dad is from Sale and has followed Alty for years and I have followed despite the attraction of having a Man u season ticket holder in the family. I prefer to regularly go to games rather than just watch.
Dunham Alty
First Team Squad

Like this post? +18/-12

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 04:43:41 PM »

I am Tom and have been watching Alty most of my life, my dad got me involved and now it keeps us close and has made us great friends. I enjoy coming down because I feel appreciated and love the fact the players are real people and not put on a pedestal like players in the Prem.... Anyway long may dads get there children into the club so it keeps going for a long time to come.
Andrew Flynn
Regular First Team

Like this post? +277/-295

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »

My Dad also got me going to Alty games from a very early age, I think it was when I was about five or six. The majority of that age period is a blur to me, some things stick out though...
I remember he told me the morning after a night game that Stuart Coburn had scored.
I remember that Keith Russell player we signed for our record fee but not much about him to be honest.
I was a mascot for the pre-season friendly against Manchester United XI at some point, got to shake Paul Scholes' hand and everything.
We had a seated season ticket but I think my Dad preferred the popular side, where he used to speak to a winger called Jason Gallagher(?) before games. He hated that Leroy Chambers guy upfront.
Went to a few away games like Stalybridge, Hyde and Southport off the top of my head.

My Dad passed away last year but I have him to thank for not being sat at home watching United on Sky Sports. I am now nearly 17 and a regular along with lots of others of my age both home and away... I'm just waiting for our turn to see a giant-killing in the FA Cup now!

Still Fabio Bassangue's English tutor.
Market Harborough Alty
Youth Team

Like this post? +3/-0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 10:12:19 PM »

Dear all Robins,
Been watching Alty from afar (Market Harborough) for several years, although remember the days of Eddie Bishop - too many years ago; originally used to walk several miles across the golf course with my younger brother to matches!
Still have that Match of the day "goal of the month" from I think 1993ish on video
Able to get to some away games (last one Rushden),
Cheers
Market Harborough Alty
Toff Apple
Global Moderator
Regular First Team

Like this post? +188/-116

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 09:21:50 AM »

Dear all Robins,
Been watching Alty from afar (Market Harborough) for several years, although remember the days of Eddie Bishop - too many years ago; originally used to walk several miles across the golf course with my younger brother to matches!
Still have that Match of the day "goal of the month" from I think 1993ish on video
Able to get to some away games (last one Rushden),
Cheers
Market Harborough Alty
Clue: its the big apple

Bernard Taylors barmy army
Romeo 48
Regular First Team

Like this post? +478/-674

It's only the memories that keep me going

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 12:03:03 PM »

Clue: its the big apple
Errrrm...............Bramley ?

Still better placed than our three Wembley opponents
Market Harborough Alty
Youth Team

Like this post? +3/-0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 09:40:16 PM »

Probably more Decio variety!!!
altytony1
First Team Squad

Like this post? +13/-20

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 06:13:11 PM »

im altytony1.i live in wythenshawe supported alty for 20years, Roll Eyes

What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child.
They're coming to get you Barbara.
 I'll buy that for a dollar!
KHFC
Youth Team

Like this post? +1/-0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 09:53:13 AM »

Hi. Am a Harriers fan but have always had a soft spot for Alty. Love visiting Moss Lane and love the games when you come down to us. Really hope you stay up and am going to try to come up for a couple of your games before the end of the season...maybe Newport?
Good luck!  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
« previous next »
    Jump to: