Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 03:47:20 AM
264408 Posts in 21680 Topics by 2238 Members
Latest Member: Angus
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Who are ya .. Who are Ya ? (New members introduce yourself here) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: Who are ya .. Who are Ya ? (New members introduce yourself here)  (Read 65997 times)
Neil C
Youth Team

Like this post? +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2014, 11:14:39 AM »

I am new to Alty.  I grew up in the SW watching a Yeovil side struggling in the conference before eventually getting relegated, only to watch them go on the up and up.  I moved away from that area when I was 20, never to return.  And now I have ended up in Urmston (as itís where the wife is from), and I want to come and watch some proper football; not the premadonna rubbish turfed up at OT just down the road.  So looking back to my Yeovil watching days, Alty came to mind. I came to the Lincoln game (my thoughts on that elsewhere) and hope to enjoy watching Alty for years to come.
markecky
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2014, 04:56:50 PM »

I am new to Alty.  I grew up in the SW watching a Yeovil side struggling in the conference before eventually getting relegated, only to watch them go on the up and up.  I moved away from that area when I was 20, never to return.  And now I have ended up in Urmston (as itís where the wife is from), and I want to come and watch some proper football; not the premadonna rubbish turfed up at OT just down the road.  So looking back to my Yeovil watching days, Alty came to mind. I came to the Lincoln game (my thoughts on that elsewhere) and hope to enjoy watching Alty for years to come.

Welcome to Alty mate, hopefully you made it yesterday.
VocareAdRegnum
Youth Team

Like this post? +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2014, 02:14:40 PM »

Hello. I'm Alex, some of you will know me. Former Liverpool fan, fell in love with Alty the season we went down. First time season ticket holder, first time forum-er. Might not always be right, but always passionate.
Saughall Robin
Regular First Team

Like this post? +503/-55

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2014, 09:18:59 PM »

Hello. I'm Alex, some of you will know me. Former Liverpool fan, fell in love with Alty the season we went down. First time season ticket holder, first time forum-er. Might not always be right, but always passionate.
In my book, if you've got passion for the club then you've got an opinion! Welcome to the forum mate!  Wink

"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
isle of wight
Youth Team

Like this post? +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2014, 11:18:56 AM »

Hi boys and girls. City fan here ( sorry ) who now lives down south, Have been to a couple of Alty games many years ago. From Stretford, wife from Sale. I was wondering what your away support was like. I am going to the game at Eastleigh ( jan 4th ) and didnt know whether it would be my 4 and a dozen others, or about 50. ( by the way, Scott Leather is my main man as i manage Alty on football manager)  Cheesy Good luck in this important season, anything above 5th from bottom and build from there.
Rowley do one!
Youth \ Reserve Team

Like this post? +28/-42

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2014, 08:12:31 AM »

Started going to Alty around 91 in that season with Showler, McKenna etc some of the most exciting football I ever saw, try to get to most home games and a few of the closer away trips.
ShropshireAlty
First Team Squad

Like this post? +13/-6

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2015, 11:46:14 AM »

Just been approved so wanted to introduce myself...

I'm John and lived in Alty most of my life, but now live in North Shropshire, not far from Market Drayton.

In the early 90's I lived literally 2-3 doors from the ground and used ti pop home to warm up at half time. I then got married and football took a back seat for a while but now my lad is getting older we've got back into it and have been to pretty much every home and away game for a while now and loving it.
TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe
Regular First Team

Like this post? +2209/-663

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2015, 10:02:15 PM »

Just been approved so wanted to introduce myself...

I'm John and lived in Alty most of my life, but now live in North Shropshire, not far from Market Drayton.

In the early 90's I lived literally 2-3 doors from the ground and used ti pop home to warm up at half time. I then got married and football took a back seat for a while but now my lad is getting older we've got back into it and have been to pretty much every home and away game for a while now and loving it.

Ah, the "home of gingerbread", eh?

I happen to be married to a Shrewsbury Town fan who used to live in Bayston Hill.

Welcome back into the Alty fold.

Whereabouts within the vicinity of Moss Lane did you used to live?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
ShropshireAlty
First Team Squad

Like this post? +13/-6

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2015, 03:54:53 PM »

That's the one, or so they say (I've yet to find any gingerbread there though Wink).

I use to live on Moss Lane - a couple of doors down on the right as you walk from the ground into Alty. Great little batchelor pad at the time with the football, off-licence, chippy, Chinese and (at the time) Indian take away all within staggering distance. What more could you ask for?

Many years later and I'm married with kids and bring my 16 year old lad to the Alty matches. He was born in the area too so is as big a fan as me. He's having some friendly fun with a Telford FC (our local Conference team around here) supporter at school and they are not doing quite as well as Alty this year  Tongue.

Ah, the "home of gingerbread", eh?

I happen to be married to a Shrewsbury Town fan who used to live in Bayston Hill.

Welcome back into the Alty fold.

Whereabouts within the vicinity of Moss Lane did you used to live?

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:01:30 PM by ShropshireAlty » Logged
distancetraveller
Regular First Team

Like this post? +291/-182

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2015, 05:30:29 PM »

Hi ShropshireAlty. I live in Shrewsbury in the same village as where Cults good lady comes from. I used to live in Urban Drive just off  Moss Lane many many moons ago.
Welcome to you and your lad.  Tell him to keep winding up the Telford fan  Wink
Toff Apple
Global Moderator
Regular First Team

Like this post? +186/-108

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2015, 05:08:04 PM »

Hi ShropshireAlty. I live in Shrewsbury in the same village as where Cults good lady comes from. I used to live in Urban Drive just off  Moss Lane many many moons ago.

Toffee Apple has relocated to Ellesmere in shopshire, does that now make 3 of us, are we a legit rival for london alty yet?

Bernard Taylors barmy army
ShropshireAlty
First Team Squad

Like this post? +13/-6

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2015, 10:13:13 AM »

Ellesmere is a lovely place and not too far from here. A few more and we might catch up with London Alty Wink.
ShropshireAlty
First Team Squad

Like this post? +13/-6

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2015, 10:15:32 AM »

Oops, just spotted this. I wasn't ignoring you - honest!

Do you get to many matches then? The Telford fan went very quiet a couple of months ago now. Can't think why Wink.

Hi ShropshireAlty. I live in Shrewsbury in the same village as - honest!where Cults good lady comes from. I used to live in Urban Drive just off  Moss Lane many many moons ago.
distancetraveller
Regular First Team

Like this post? +291/-182

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2015, 10:18:19 PM »

Oops, just spotted this. I wasn't ignoring you - honest!

Do you get to many matches then? The Telford fan went very quiet a couple of months ago now. Can't think why Wink.

Hi ShropshireAlty. I live in Shrewsbury in the same village as - honest!where Cults good lady comes from. I used to live in Urban Drive just off  Moss Lane many many moons ago.
I try to get to most home games and as many away games local to here that I can. I missed out on a lot last season due to not being well. My misses enjoys watching Alty as well.
I struggle with The night Games until the end of Sept as I crown green bowl on those evenings..
ToffeeBlue
Youth \ Reserve Team

Like this post? +2/-6

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2015, 07:38:04 PM »

I'm John and have lived in Sale, Timperley & Sale again since 1956.  I started refereeing in 1965 and progressed via all Altrincham & Wythenshawe Leagues of the time, the Mid Cheshire League, Cheshire County League & NW Counties League to the FL line 1984-91 and the Conference Refs list 1985-91. Also have an FA Coaching qualification.  First watched the Robins in their last season as amateurs before White & Swales took over in the early sixties. At Grahame Rowley's 'invitation'. have been asked to write a page for all home programmes this season -"something different" he said! 

Always glad to rake over the happy memories the game has provided....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
« previous next »
    Jump to: