Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 12:49:42 PM
267584 Posts in 21879 Topics by 2238 Members
Latest Member: Daycaredan
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Who are ya .. Who are Ya ? (New members introduce yourself here) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: Who are ya .. Who are Ya ? (New members introduce yourself here)  (Read 69192 times)
SW
Regular First Team

Like this post? +261/-232

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 12:00:33 AM »

Welcome mate, I remember your dad very well from booking coach tickets to aways, great to see the club connection remain. Keep on coming.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Alty Mon
Regular First Team

Like this post? +49/-40

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 05:41:17 PM »

Hi to everyone on the forum.I've been an intermittent guest for some time,but now with almost reliable broadband,and chrome goggles I'm here in person.
Yes, I did used to drive one of those cars with a wheel missing,which gave rise to my name. My association with Alty goes back to the early days of the Red Robin Club, and Peter Swales' notorious tombola on a Saturday night, but I've lived away for many a year now, and so rely on the website and forum to keep in touch.
Romeo 48
Regular First Team

Like this post? +478/-674

It's only the memories that keep me going

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 07:39:14 PM »

Hi to everyone on the forum.I've been an intermittent guest for some time,but now with almost reliable broadband,and chrome goggles I'm here in person.
Yes, I did used to drive one of those cars with a wheel missing,which gave rise to my name. My association with Alty goes back to the early days of the Red Robin Club, and Peter Swales' notorious tombola on a Saturday night, but I've lived away for many a year now, and so rely on the website and forum to keep in touch.
Things we have in common : I too was a motorist with a 25% shortfall in the wheel department (but the old shed got us to a few away games), and I well remember that tombola, not least because I won my original vinyl copy of the Beatles' "White Album" from that very source ! Happy days - welcome aboard mate.

Still better placed than our three Wembley opponents
RobertONeill
Reserve Team

Like this post? +18/-43

www.paradox-computers.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 11:29:22 PM »

Hello I'm Robert,

I've lived in South Manchester all my life and Altrincham FC is my nearest club.

I have been following Altrincham FC since last season and been listening to the commentary on RadioRobins.com since my brother Antony started.

My first ever match was the last game against Vauxhall Motors FC and I will be comming to many more hopefully.

Regards.

markecky
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2011, 11:16:01 AM »

Welcome aboard Rob.

You've made a pretty good start by sponsoring Radio Robins and offering to be a steward.

Well done for taking some positive action...lets hope you get the bug and stay for a long time.
LymmRobin
Youth \ Reserve Team

Like this post? +8/-1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2011, 09:41:50 AM »

Dear Fellow Alty Supporters,

A few years ago, my mate, Ian, and I were bemoaning the state of premiership football.  So we decided to have a real footballing experience by watching our nearest club, Alty.  We watched the tail end of the 09-10 season and instantly became hooked.  We attended most home games last season with our two lads who have also become Alty fans despite the poor performance of the team overall last season.  I will never forget the look on my son's face when Eastbourne scored their fourth in the final game. 
This season, we have also been on the road with the Robins to Vauxhall Motors and Hyde.  I suppose this is one of the advantages of being in the BSN.  We are trying to convince as my people in Lymm to start supporting their local team and rediscover the real game of football rather than the sanitized experience of Premiership football. 

Mark, the Lymm Robin  Grin 
RockyRobin
Regular First Team

Like this post? +96/-120

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2011, 10:22:02 AM »

Dear Fellow Alty Supporters,

A few years ago, my mate, Ian, and I were bemoaning the state of premiership football.  So we decided to have a real footballing experience by watching our nearest club, Alty.  We watched the tail end of the 09-10 season and instantly became hooked.  We attended most home games last season with our two lads who have also become Alty fans despite the poor performance of the team overall last season.  I will never forget the look on my son's face when Eastbourne scored their fourth in the final game. 
This season, we have also been on the road with the Robins to Vauxhall Motors and Hyde.  I suppose this is one of the advantages of being in the BSN.  We are trying to convince as my people in Lymm to start supporting their local team and rediscover the real game of football rather than the sanitized experience of Premiership football. 

Mark, the Lymm Robin  Grin 

Good man, welcome

Bring on the Alty
King George
Youth Team

Like this post? +3/-0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2011, 09:26:45 PM »

As a boy i used to follow utd but last went to ot when i was about 12 and to tbh lost interest in football until about 2004 when i went to my first alty game. went to evey game i could after that and this season convinced the misses to let me buy a season ticket even managed to get to couple of away games( harrogate and gloucester)
markecky
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2011, 12:24:34 PM »

As a boy i used to follow utd but last went to ot when i was about 12 and to tbh lost interest in football until about 2004 when i went to my first alty game. went to evey game i could after that and this season convinced the misses to let me buy a season ticket even managed to get to couple of away games( harrogate and gloucester)

Marvellous, love stories like this.  Welcome to the forum..
bumble
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 07:34:36 AM »

I've never posted on this thread yet, better late than never.
Well I've been a City supporter all my life (and I still go to a few matches when Alty aren't playing!) and I started following Alty around February this year, at the end of last season. My first game was our 2-0 victory over Tamworth, which was a nice way to start my (hopefully) lifelong love of Alty. I don't live in Altrincham, but have many connections with the place such as going to school here and being round the general area nearly every day. I take the 370 bus to home games every Saturday and usually bring a mate or two who've never experienced the joy of this club! After 6 months of supporting Alty I'm already a season ticket holder and am looking forward to many happy years with the club!  Grin

Welcome Mike Smiley
itbegan
Youth \ Reserve Team

Like this post? +6/-2

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 11:37:42 PM »

Hello Altyfans
My first Alty match was against Leyton Orient in 79/80, as a lad I watched Alty with my mates quite a lot, I drifted away in about 1986. 4 years ago I saw the light and came back, I also brought my young lad along with me to watch his first match at Moss Lane, it was an instant hit, so much so we are both season ticket holders. Wherever we go on holiday he packs his Alty shirt and wears it with pride, Alty is in the blood.
All the best
Bill
York Alty
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »

Hello Altyfans
My first Alty match was against Leyton Orient in 79/80, as a lad I watched Alty with my mates quite a lot, I drifted away in about 1986. 4 years ago I saw the light and came back, I also brought my young lad along with me to watch his first match at Moss Lane, it was an instant hit, so much so we are both season ticket holders. Wherever we go on holiday he packs his Alty shirt and wears it with pride, Alty is in the blood.
All the best
Bill
The orient game was my 5th or 6th game from memory. 

eeeh, how time flies Ada!
TheAlty
Youth Team

Like this post? +5/-0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2011, 01:51:12 PM »

Hi my name is Mike, I am bolton lad but am a big fan of alty, I got a good friend barry who introduced me. i go to alot of game and love nothing more then watching alty!!!!  Smiley

KingKennys
twissinater rafc
Youth Team

Like this post? +11/-8

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2011, 12:42:21 PM »

Hi
My name is duncan and i am a rochdale fan hence the rafc. I do have a soft spot for alty and  i go to alty fc home games when rochdale are too far away. I sarted supporting alty fc two seasons ago.

giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilroooooooooooooooooooooy
RageAgainstTheFirstTeam
Regular First Team

Like this post? +138/-388

Oh, Twiss off!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2011, 06:22:14 PM »

Hi big man, good to see you join us

This is going to be hilarious
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:34:40 PM by NickyClee'sClickyKnee » Logged

"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
« previous next »
    Jump to: