Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 09:40:23 PM
264399 Posts in 21679 Topics by 2238 Members
Latest Member: Angus
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Who are ya .. Who are Ya ? (New members introduce yourself here) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: Who are ya .. Who are Ya ? (New members introduce yourself here)  (Read 65982 times)
bumble
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2013, 12:47:01 PM »

I've just joined today!

Some of you will probably know that I've been a steward at Alty for about 2 years and a Ball Boy for about 5!
Thanks for letting me join the forum!  Smiley

Welcome TJ  Smiley
rlc
Youth Team

Like this post? +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2013, 07:59:57 PM »

Hi all,

I can't remember what year I first started watching Alty but the first big game I remember was Tottenham away in '95 when I was 11. I still remember queuing up at the little safe box for my ticket. My uncle first took me to games and I got instantly hooked. I still go to games with my uncle, both home and away.

Had a season ticket for about 10 years now and Altrincham is the only team I support. They've give me so many memories both good and bad.

You'll never know just how much I love you, please don't take my Alty away.
York Alty
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »

Hi all,

I can't remember what year I first started watching Alty but the first big game I remember was Tottenham away in '95 when I was 11. I still remember queuing up at the little safe box for my ticket. My uncle first took me to games and I got instantly hooked. I still go to games with my uncle, both home and away.

Had a season ticket for about 10 years now and Altrincham is the only team I support. They've give me so many memories both good and bad.

...and that is why losing at Trafford in the Cup is a bloody stupid thing to have done.  I know, preaching to the converted...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:11:38 PM by York Alty » Logged
eightiesrobin
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2013, 10:33:31 PM »

Ex-Altrincham fan here. I started going in 1984-5, and well remember the epic 85-86 season. My mate and I had some tremendous days out during that season - games which stand out are the FA Cup wins at Blackpool and Birmingham,  the 7-4 win over Nuneaton and the epic FA Trophy semi-final win over Enfield, a tremendous team at the time, and to top it all, the Wembley win.

Following that  funny do when John King and John Williams swapped jobs the following season, I lost a bit of enthusiasm, mainly because under Williams, Altrincham became a dull side to watch. I kept going for another season, but then went off to University. I came home for the weekend to watch the FA cup win over Lincoln in 1988. My last game was the hammering of Barnet (eventual champions) in 1991, shown live by Sky Sports as I remember. 

Lots of happy memories, getting off the 371 at Timperley CC and walking through the golf course to the ground, and walking back in the pitch black after the game

I may even turn up next Saturday.......... 
markecky
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2013, 10:38:43 PM »

Hi all,

Welcome to the forum mate
markecky
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2013, 10:40:10 PM »

Ex-Altrincham fan here. I started going in 1984-5, and well remember the epic 85-86 season. My mate and I had some tremendous days out during that season - games which stand out are the FA Cup wins at Blackpool and Birmingham,  the 7-4 win over Nuneaton and the epic FA Trophy semi-final win over Enfield, a tremendous team at the time, and to top it all, the Wembley win.

Following that  funny do when John King and John Williams swapped jobs the following season, I lost a bit of enthusiasm, mainly because under Williams, Altrincham became a dull side to watch. I kept going for another season, but then went off to University. I came home for the weekend to watch the FA cup win over Lincoln in 1988. My last game was the hammering of Barnet (eventual champions) in 1991, shown live by Sky Sports as I remember. 

Lots of happy memories, getting off the 371 at Timperley CC and walking through the golf course to the ground, and walking back in the pitch black after the game

I may even turn up next Saturday.......... 

Welcome to the forum mate.

Your last game was Barnet you say, well I can tell you that nearly all the games you have missed have been like that....or maybe not.

Hope you can make it next Saturday, if you'd have come last season you'd have seen the closest we have ever got to replacing Paul Showler on the wing...
eightiesrobin
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2013, 10:56:09 PM »

Thanks for the welcome. I think I will come next week, I'll bring my son. Where would I park the car?
MattyinNZ
Youth Team

Like this post? +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2013, 10:26:03 PM »

Hi All,

Have been lurking a few times, but thought I'd dive in and sign up !

Name is Matt, grew up in Timperley, followed Alty through the late 70s/80s - days of King, Allen, Howard, Stepney et al and still try and keep up as best I can. Don;t remember my first game, but do remember the Wembey trip vs Leatherhead, Bramhall Lane in the FA Cup and other great days out!

Spent 20 years living and working in London before emigrating over here to New Zealand four years ago. Has been difficult to keep up with what's happeniing in the game back home (outside of the Premier League), but I did manage to catch the Robins FA  Cup replay live on ESPN last season from Moss Lane, and managed to catch the friendly vs Halifax this summer when back visiting.

So here I am, a Robin amongst Kiwis and I think I own the only Alty shirt in NZ.

(BTW, I am also a qualified and active referee  but keep that quiet eh)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:29:58 PM by MattyinNZ » Logged
Southern Alty
Youth Team

Like this post? +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2014, 06:00:57 PM »

I've been exiled down south for 30 years but grew up watching the late 70's team of Rogers , Johnson , Heathcote , King , Owens etc .

Plenty of high and lowlights from those times :

1) Over 9,000 crammed into Moss Lane on a freezing January day for the FA Cup tie v Orient .
2) Surviving an FA Cup tie at Droylsden only to be verbally abused afterwards at Piccadilly station by some Spurs fans returning from a defeat at Old Trafford (they thought my Alty scarf was Man U. )
3) Cycling to homes games in all weathers and chaining our bikes to the railings at the local park.
4) Seeing Alty tonked 5-1 at home by Mossley in the Trophy .
5) Arriving at Anfield for the FA Cup tie, the Scousers were telling us our part-timers would lose 10-0 . Great reception for Alty at the end of the game from the Kop.
6) Struggling to a Boxing Day fixture at Macc only to find it called off due to a frozen pitch .
7) The Wembley FA Trophy Finals . I walked to the '82 and '86 finals which is not as impressive as it sounds as I lived in Wembley at the time .
8 ) Trouble at home games v Southport , v Crewe in the FA Cup and v Runcorn in a Trophy Semi Final .
9) Competing at a national level for the first time in the Alliance Premier League . Taking on and beating the supposedly stronger southern teams such as Weymouth , Maidstone and Bath City .

I don't get to see Alty as often as I'd like but I will be making the 4 hour journey to Moss Lane for the Play-Off Final . Let the good times roll !
The Jesters Shoes
Administrator
Regular First Team

Like this post? +512/-353

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2014, 07:50:33 PM »

Welcome, great to see so many people travelling from the south to support the robins on Saturday!
Red robin
Youth \ Reserve Team

Like this post? +1/-0

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2014, 08:59:57 PM »

New member but an old fan supported Alty for years remember when Wigan pip us for promotion to the football league by one vote.LOOK WHERE THEY ARE NOW THAT SHOULD BE ALTY.
WEDNESDAY67
Youth Team

Like this post? +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2014, 10:14:09 PM »

I am a Sheffield Wednesday fan. I have followed Altrincham as my favourite non league team since the infamous 1990/91 season. I remember them going on their long unbeaten run with the goals of Ken McKenna and then losing out in the last 4 games. I remember Saint and Greavsie reporting on it saying they were favourites to go up and it all went wrong from there. I have been following their fortunes ever since and hoping that they would get that close again. Sat nervously checking the scores on Saturday and feared the worst when I thought it was going to penalties. Couldnt believe the finish! I have got to get to a game up there or some away game near to where I live. I live in Dronfield which is just a stones throw from the Sheffield F.C. ground which is where I get my fix of non league football at the moment. I have earmarked the Alfreton away game as a must see next season as that is the nearest Conference ground to me. Come on Alty!!!!!!
bumble
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2014, 09:46:01 AM »

Waiting for How_dya_like_it? to introduce himself
York Alty
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2014, 11:30:52 AM »

Waiting for How_dya_like_it? to introduce himself

Where's Wally?
markecky
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2014, 12:21:58 PM »

I am a Sheffield Wednesday fan. I have followed Altrincham as my favourite non league team since the infamous 1990/91 season. I remember them going on their long unbeaten run with the goals of Ken McKenna and then losing out in the last 4 games. I remember Saint and Greavsie reporting on it saying they were favourites to go up and it all went wrong from there. I have been following their fortunes ever since and hoping that they would get that close again. Sat nervously checking the scores on Saturday and feared the worst when I thought it was going to penalties. Couldnt believe the finish! I have got to get to a game up there or some away game near to where I live. I live in Dronfield which is just a stones throw from the Sheffield F.C. ground which is where I get my fix of non league football at the moment. I have earmarked the Alfreton away game as a must see next season as that is the nearest Conference ground to me. Come on Alty!!!!!!

Welcome mate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
« previous next »
    Jump to: