Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 11:43:11 PM
264232 Posts in 21668 Topics by 2237 Members
Latest Member: Dave Acton Jnr
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Who are ya .. Who are Ya ? (New members introduce yourself here) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: Who are ya .. Who are Ya ? (New members introduce yourself here)  (Read 65774 times)
bigmeads21
Youth Team

Like this post? +2/-2

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 03:04:26 PM »

I am a newby to the Forum!

Grandad took me to every home game in 1990-91 season at the age of 6!!! He fell ill and I didn't go again until 2006!

I live in Sheffield so you occasionally see me at away games with a blonde girl and a loud mouth!

I was also a mascot twice. Once against Farnborough and once against Horwich. My goodness they were good memories. 
markecky
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 03:11:46 PM »

Horwich in the FA cup in 1990...5-0 if I recall.

That was a good season to start!
Ballers
Regular First Team

Like this post? +786/-438

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 07:20:33 PM »

FA Trophy Quarter Final I think.
bigmeads21
Youth Team

Like this post? +2/-2

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 10:24:59 PM »

they had to give me Stoke City shirt with the badge taken off because they didn't make a replica in my size!!!
markecky
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 10:37:29 PM »

they had to give me Stoke City shirt with the badge taken off because they didn't make a replica in my size!!!

Actually mate, I'd put money on the fact we didnt sell replica shirts then.  The umbro kit we played in had no badge!

We could have been the first team ever to get promoted to the league with no badge on the players kit!
Brian Flynn
Regular First Team

Like this post? +262/-140

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 12:00:12 AM »

"Sliding Doors" game that may have changed the whole destiny of the club.We steamrollered Horwich, but if we had lost that game then we would have had two Saturday games against Slough & Northwich, instead of a two legged FA Trophy Semi-Final against Wycombe Wanderers.
Ken McKenna wouldn't have been sent off & in all likelihood would have played at Stafford & the final game of the season against Boston.

We probably would have won the league & who knows where we would be now!
Romeo 48
Regular First Team

Like this post? +478/-674

It's only the memories that keep me going

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »

"Sliding Doors" game that may have changed the whole destiny of the club.We steamrollered Horwich, but if we had lost that game then we would have had two Saturday games against Slough & Northwich, instead of a two legged FA Trophy Semi-Final against Wycombe Wanderers.
Ken McKenna wouldn't have been sent off & in all likelihood would have played at Stafford & the final game of the season against Boston.

This is an extract from Brian Flynn's autobiography "In the Land of Make Believe"  Cheesy

Still better placed than our three Wembley opponents
Brian Flynn
Regular First Team

Like this post? +262/-140

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 11:10:40 PM »

This is an extract from Brian Flynn's autobiography "In the Land of Make Believe"  Cheesy
Available at all good book shops.....& some bad ones!
scott tompson
Youth \ Reserve Team

Like this post? +4/-13

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 08:47:44 PM »

me mate has joined massive fan ben6
afcwheels
Youth Team

Like this post? +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 12:25:11 PM »

Shocked afcwheels fan of the mighty bucks Home at last... 7 years is i a long time
KENNERLEY
Youth Team

Like this post? +5/-5

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 03:03:47 PM »

Hi Folks, first time on the forum. I used to watch Alty home and away for many years in the 60's and 70's when my Dad worked for the club. I have now had a season ticket at Man City for 35 years but in the last 2 seasons have been to watch Alty a few times with Rob William's dad, although he has now left the club I will still get along to a few games. This week I will be paying my Patron fee as a big effort on and off the field will help get the Robins back in the Premier.   Dave Kennerley
george
Regular First Team

Like this post? +58/-68

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 08:22:18 PM »

Welcome Dave, Iremember your father Derek back in the days when every penny had to be worked for @ Jumble Sales, Disco etc.
TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe
Regular First Team

Like this post? +2209/-662

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 05:00:56 PM »

Welcome Dave, Iremember your father Derek back in the days when every penny had to be worked for @ Jumble Sales, Disco etc.

Ah yes, those halcyon days of booking your seat on the coach for an away game at the Moss Lane Pools Office, where the sliding glass window would be pulled back to reveal Derek Kennerley or Beryl Fox....

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:05:06 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe » Logged

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
York Alty
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 10:44:45 PM »

and claiming the occassional prize on the Alty scratchcards...
KENNERLEY
Youth Team

Like this post? +5/-5

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 08:38:34 AM »

Yes who remembers the draw in various pubs on a Saturday night and my dad's phrase 'If your not in you don't win'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
« previous next »
    Jump to: