Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2018, 10:07:49 PM
271127 Posts in 22178 Topics by 2238 Members
Latest Member: Daycaredan
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Who are ya .. Who are Ya ? (New members introduce yourself here) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: Who are ya .. Who are Ya ? (New members introduce yourself here)  (Read 76029 times)
York Alty
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2015, 09:41:25 PM »

I'm John and have lived in Sale, Timperley & Sale again since 1956.  I started refereeing in 1965 and progressed via all Altrincham & Wythenshawe Leagues of the time, the Mid Cheshire League, Cheshire County League & NW Counties League to the FL line 1984-91 and the Conference Refs list 1985-91. Also have an FA Coaching qualification.  First watched the Robins in their last season as amateurs before White & Swales took over in the early sixties. At Grahame Rowley's 'invitation'. have been asked to write a page for all home programmes this season -"something different" he said! 

Always glad to rake over the happy memories the game has provided....

ATS - sounds like you've got a friend 'n colleague from the refs panel.
LSHP
Youth Team

Like this post? +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2016, 02:47:42 PM »

Hello to everyone on the Altrincham forum.  I read the updates daily to see what is going on and, through a family association, I have more than a passing interest in what is going on.  Now that I know how to post something, I am looking forward to contributing throughout the 2016/17 season and beyond.
Teasierbeaver
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2016, 08:17:14 AM »

Erm, not a new member, but not posted on this login for a while.

Beaver (Chris Edwards). Been an Alty fan for nearly 30 years now, since I was 7. Live down south at the moment, travel a lot for work and lived in France before that so getting to games isn't so easy, but the passion and love for Alty never subsides.

I deleted my account in May because I got so fed up of all of the negative stuff being posted that was on the whole hyperbole and I felt being posted for the sole purpose of antagonising others. When it got to the point of personal abuse I called it a day. But like any other addiction youre never far away and when trying to register again i discovered this old account and got it going again.

In the meantime I contacted Gaz and offered to assist with moderating the forum. I believe that everyone has the right to an opinion, and to share it. Its always good to have the opposing view and nobody should be ridiculed for what they believe, although I think its also fair to point out when someone is being a bit silly.

I dont think we should ever tolerate personal abuse on the forum, its not on. Life is full of enough challenges without the thing that we all love and feel passionate about becoming a source of upset and abuse. If you dont like someone, just ignore them, i'm pretty sure they don't like you too. Hey-ho, thats life, I wasn't put here to be everyones mate, but I wasnt put here to make people feel bad about themselves either.

Racist, sexist and homophobic comments are another thing that I can't tolerate. Its 2016 for crying out loud, we've all got red blood and a soul, and we're all more similar than we are different. This forum is about Alty, save the rest for some other internet dungeon.

Peace and love everyone!

AND COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE B@ST@RDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RMS Hale
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2016, 01:42:35 PM »

Recently returned to watching Altrincham after some health issues - as we won 4 of my first 5 matches back I was going to take the credit, but not after the last 10 days!

I stand outside the bar (despite being a tee-totaller) at home games with the Altrincham Athletics Club contingent and attempt to be optimistic, positive and constructive (exceot to referees), or failing that at least funny (the latter has proved easier in the last couple of matches).
TheNorwegian
Youth Team

Like this post? +14/-6

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2016, 06:30:47 PM »

Hello all,

My name is Odd Sindre Tonning, and I have been supporting Alty since 2010/11 or something like that. Fell in love with the club thanks to Football Manager, and has only fallen more and more in love with the club ever since. Since I am from Norway, I have never been to an Alty match, but there is notinhg I want more. I hope that I will be able to travel overseas to catch a game very soon.

With love to you all from Norway!
nimeta
Reserve Team

Like this post? +11/-24

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »

Hello all,

My name is Odd Sindre Tonning, and I have been supporting Alty since 2010/11 or something like that. Fell in love with the club thanks to Football Manager, and has only fallen more and more in love with the club ever since. Since I am from Norway, I have never been to an Alty match, but there is notinhg I want more. I hope that I will be able to travel overseas to catch a game very soon.

Hello Mr Odd. I had thought this was maybe a joke, but it seems that it is genuine

http://quaysnews.net/index.php/2016/10/25/national-league-north-side-growing-unexpected-european-following-norway/

You should come and visit soon. You will be very welcome, but these are dark days for the club. Do you know any oil rich Norwegians who maybe want to invest in our club, which may be small, but has fabulous heritage???
richardaltycumbria
Youth Team

Like this post? +7/-9

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2017, 10:13:22 PM »

Hi

I live in Kendal up in the Lake DIstrict, a keen non league football and infact sports fan, i have been very interested in Altrincham and fancied supporting the Team. Some say i am mad for doing so but despite the problems i am committed and will follow the journey for good and for bad!
GB Alty
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2017, 09:25:16 AM »

Hi

I live in Kendal up in the Lake DIstrict, a keen non league football and infact sports fan, i have been very interested in Altrincham and fancied supporting the Team. Some say i am mad for doing so but despite the problems i am committed and will follow the journey for good and for bad!
why don't you support Kendal?
SW
Regular First Team

Like this post? +265/-232

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2017, 02:16:11 PM »

What sort of comment is that? Do you not want to have people supporting this club or what? Welcome mate, we are not all stupid T**ts.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
York Alty is back
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2017, 03:56:59 PM »

What sort of comment is that? Do you not want to have people supporting this club or what? Welcome mate, we are not all stupid T**ts.

I am though...
GB Alty
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2017, 08:06:14 PM »

he's not supporting the club, he's taking the piss because the club is a joke
TheNorwegian
Youth Team

Like this post? +14/-6

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2017, 07:26:57 PM »

Hello all,

Hello Mr Odd. I had thought this was maybe a joke, but it seems that it is genuine

http://quaysnews.net/index.php/2016/10/25/national-league-north-side-growing-unexpected-european-following-norway/

You should come and visit soon. You will be very welcome, but these are dark days for the club. Do you know any oil rich Norwegians who maybe want to invest in our club, which may be small, but has fabulous heritage???

Hi, this is genuine indeed. Three Alty shirts have made the journey overseas to Norway and to me. Unfortunately I have not been able to make the trip the other way around. This season will be the season I'll make it though, I will at least do everything I can to make it happen.

It is indeed dark days, but our misery has to end sometime, right? All we fans need to do is keep our head up, and keep supporting the club though, there's nothing more we can do... I wish I knew a oil rich Norwegian, would have pointed him in the direction of Alty a long time ago, haha. That is not the case though, so we got to keep on going with what we have.

Love the club, and are looking forward to the upcoming season, hopefully with more to smile for than in the last two combined. Maybe with me on the stands for a match as well, who knows. Would definitley love to join the rest of the Altrincham community!

Love from Norway
Jambo
Youth Team

Like this post? +2/-0

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2017, 10:34:13 PM »

Not an ardent Altrincham fan as such but certainly an interested bystander who follows Non-League football avidly and assiduously and one who had to double-take that it was in fact the real 'Altrincham' that were in the same League as Clubs like Shaw Lane and Coalville and not some reincarnated apparition or bogus phoenix Club...or indeed a printing error! Not decrying SL or C as someone is obviously throwing large amounts of cash about in the forlorn hope that one day they might emulate the 'bigger' Clubs but boy have you guys have been through the grinder to drop so low. Average home attendances well over 1000, and probably a lot more with a winning side, ground facilities comparable with many Conference sides and probably a decent travelling support to boot make you guys one of the catches of the century for these smaller Clubs who can hardly garner a steward for the gate never mind a crowd. Everybody decries 'sugar-daddies' as anathema to success but if ever there was a Club where judicious investment would probably reap huge returns then 'Alty' would be near the top, especially in the Manchester conurbation area where football is a religion and passion for the game runs high.
Best of luck for the season...and by the way, even we've heard of Damian Reeves!
SteveR
Youth Team

Like this post? +0/-2

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2017, 10:21:36 AM »

Steve , returning Alty fan having last watched them when I was 9yrs old, I'm now 50 odd ,hmmm........ Decided to attend my home club as I have always had an eye on Alty results so never really lost touch , but being at the game and getting more involved is my aim.  My brother and Mrs are attending too which is a bonus . We are really enjoying the games at the moment. The standard and professionalism surprised me as its really good , so up and onward the Robins, common Alty !!!!
Brian Flynn
Regular First Team

Like this post? +266/-158

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2017, 01:29:30 PM »

Steve , returning Alty fan having last watched them when I was 9yrs old, I'm now 50 odd ,hmmm........ Decided to attend my home club as I have always had an eye on Alty results so never really lost touch , but being at the game and getting more involved is my aim.  My brother and Mrs are attending too which is a bonus . We are really enjoying the games at the moment. The standard and professionalism surprised me as its really good , so up and onward the Robins, common Alty !!!!

Good man, Steve.....welcome back!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:31:21 PM by Brian Flynn » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
« previous next »
    Jump to: