PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 joseph is a liability
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: joseph is a liability  (Read 9546 times)

dino

joseph is a liability
« on: January 18, 2011, 11:19:11 PM »

absolutely shocking headbut which cost us 2 points. there is no hiding place , it was unprovoked and malicious. Credit to Perry for not making a meal of it

Superb effort by the rest of the team. Reeves and Densmore were right on it tonight, with the fast improving Hewson , who got the ball down and tried to play.

72 from altrincham

bighairedmike

Re: joseph is a liability
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 11:22:29 PM »

Having not been there I can't comment on what did or didnt happen. So this is a genuine question, what actually happened?

I've heard a slap, an elbow a punch and now a headbutt. And the thing about their guy not making a meal of it, heard contrasting views of that too.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 11:24:40 PM »

Didnt see you posting on here the last few weeks Dino when people were praising Joseph... Yes what he did was silly but if you fart next to Perry he is likely to go down....

Always a fkn negative comment when the TEAM ran there hearts out... OK saturday wasnt good but they came back in spades tonight

Well done Alty ... ALL of you.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 11:25:23 PM »

I saw a two handed retaliatory shove from MJ , didn't see a headbut.

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 11:29:24 PM »

The situation is he got sent off for violent conduct.  He now faces a three match ban.

Whether he slapped, elbowed, punched or headbutted he still let himself, his team mates, fans and the club down. By now he'll know it.

It's done. We deal with the consequences.

The club is in the midst of a relegation battle and the players NEED OUR SUPPORT.

bumble

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 12:14:50 AM »

Id rather it had been a headbutt

IF YOU'RE GOING TO GO OFF...ATLEAST CAUSE SOME DAMAGE!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 12:18:22 AM »

Dino
Headbutt ! .........nobody else has mentioned a headbutt.....Are you sure you saw this because nobody else has spoke of a headbutt ?

Please confirm 

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 12:22:53 AM »

Nobody around me saw a headbutt either.

The guy elbowed him, they squared up and Joseph shoved him.

I don't think he'll need telling he shouldnt have done it..

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 12:26:06 AM »

and for me that ends the debate.

Good night Vienna.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 12:44:27 AM »

Maybe it does end the debate.......but I think Dino should still explain his 'headbutt' comments....it's fair to say that things look different from different angles and if so that is fine.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

dino

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 07:05:41 AM »

i was in line with the incident ,albeit on the opposite side of pitch.There was head simulation from joseph,although there cant of been contact. It didnt appear to be a  chris senior moment vs mansfield. the closest to the incident were the linesman and ken mc, who were only feet away. whatever, it was totally unwarranted ,and was so soon after perry came on, it looked like an old score being settled

the rest of the team fought like lions after, and Hewson has got bags of ability

unless we can get the ball down and into his feet, Baynes will be a luxury for the rest of the season

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 07:45:25 AM »

Hewson has got bags of ability.

That's never been in doubt - the problem appears to be a lack of application, off the pitch as well as on it.

jim fallon

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 07:46:22 AM »

who gives a sh*t move on! He's experienced enough to know better but also only human (sort of)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 08:11:15 AM »

i was in line with the incident ,albeit on the opposite side of pitch the county.There was head simulation from joseph,although there cant of been contact. It didnt appear to be a  chris senior moment vs mansfield. the closest to the incident were the linesman and ken mc, who were only feet away. whatever, it was totally unwarranted ,and was so soon after perry came on, it looked like an old score being settled

the rest of the team fought like lions after, and Hewson has got bags of ability

unless we can get the ball down and into his feet, Baynes will be a luxury for the rest of the season

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 08:50:05 AM »

We are in a battle to survive and players need to be battle.

As a natural consequence of players "being up for it", tempers will rise from time to time. Meaning that battle usually means bookings and the occasional sending off.

Well do Joseph for having some heart. I dont condone sendings off or bookings, but it comes with the territory that we are in at present.

Move on and keep playing your heart out Joseph.

It is just a pity that alot of football fans across the country only actually watch football and dont understand what is behind it, be it, formations, players, substitutions and heart for a fight.

Rant over.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 joseph is a liability