PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 we need to get a lucky break from somewhere
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: we need to get a lucky break from somewhere  (Read 6607 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 03, 2007, 05:22:37 PM »

sounds like we deserved a point again today .still a long way to go

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: we need to get a lucky break from somewhere
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 06:24:14 PM »

We most defo deserved all three pts!

One penalty save, 2/3 against woodwork, MacFadded, Little and Thornley all should have hit the target at least, but just like last week the fekking ball  does not want to go in.

Aspinall lost all confidence in the 2nd half after the 1st half disaster and should have been subbed earlier.

Yet again we scored when MacFadden's on the pitch, he makes a difference.

Yet another away win eludes us, York next week who must owe us a a favour after today.
Full time and proud of it

altytinny10

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 06:39:08 PM »

AM sorry but stop looking for look its GH that needs to start providing us with the team that will get the results NOT BLOODY LUCK !! >:(

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 06:39:35 PM »

You must be dreaming if you believe that we were the better side today!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 06:49:49 PM »

AM sorry but stop looking for look its GH that needs to start providing us with the team that will get the results NOT BLOODY LUCK !! >:(

We discussed this in the car on the way home. I agree with you.

We need to look at ourselves hard, the players and the management team.

But the season is not over yet. It just gets harder each time we lose.

altytinny10

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 06:58:59 PM »

We discussed this in the car on the way home. I agree with you.

We need to look at ourselves hard, the players and the management team.

But the season is not over yet. It just gets harder each time we lose.

Too right i dont mind loosing when we deserve to get beat by a betta team, but some players today did not show proper commitment we need to start fighting and IF this team aint got that fighting spirit. WE ARE GOING DOWN !!

man in the stand

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 07:24:36 PM »

Its strange but Alty's play seems to mirror the quality of the oppostion. Against Kiddy we looked dominant and good but against Southport very average.

Lady luck didn't go our way but Southport played well enough to beat us.

samba

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 07:38:12 PM »

Anyone who starts going on about us "definately going down" should really just keep quite.  Today we lost, yes, but look at the performance.  We made chances, at times we played really good football.  I agree we missed some absolute sitters, I agree people like Azzer and Col had a mare, but this stuff happens!

We're not much past mid season and there's 3 points seperating 22nd and 15th.  We've shown in a lot of games recently that we can play very, very good football, but we're struggling to finish; All it's gonna take is for 1 of the strikers to get a goal or two and the confidence will be back as will some goals.  Confidence feeds confidence.  How is it going to help anything seeing everyone on here going on that we're going to get relagated? There's no way anyone can say at this point we're going to, even tamwuff aren't garunteed to go down.  As poor as we can sometimes be I know there's a lot more clubs in this league who are a lot worse a lot more often.  All we need is for the fans to get behind the team and for us to get on a run.

As for GH, I know some of his decisions seem a bit bizarre (taking Senior off when he's the only pace we had) but in the end of the day he's done great things for us, and you have to take the rough with the smooth.  It might not be obvoius to us but I think I can safely say he knows what he's doing.

So instead of everyone jumping on the "we're going down" bandwagon, how about rallying behind the team?

S

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 07:40:50 PM »

Anyone who starts going on about us "definately going down" should really just keep quite.  Today we lost, yes, but look at the performance.  We made chances, at times we played really good football.  I agree we missed some absolute sitters, I agree people like Azzer and Col had a mare, but this stuff happens!

We're not much past mid season and there's 3 points seperating 22nd and 15th.  We've shown in a lot of games recently that we can play very, very good football, but we're struggling to finish; All it's gonna take is for 1 of the strikers to get a goal or two and the confidence will be back as will some goals.  Confidence feeds confidence.  How is it going to help anything seeing everyone on here going on that we're going to get relagated? There's no way anyone can say at this point we're going to, even tamwuff aren't garunteed to go down.  As poor as we can sometimes be I know there's a lot more clubs in this league who are a lot worse a lot more often.  All we need is for the fans to get behind the team and for us to get on a run.

As for GH, I know some of his decisions seem a bit bizarre (taking Senior off when he's the only pace we had) but in the end of the day he's done great things for us, and you have to take the rough with the smooth.  It might not be obvoius to us but I think I can safely say he knows what he's doing.

So instead of everyone jumping on the "we're going down" bandwagon, how about rallying behind the team?

S

amen and hallelujah my brother!

Altysmiffy

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 07:47:04 PM »

S

amen and hallelujah my brother!

Ditto, we've had problems & bad results before. Remember, we have the best manager we could possibly get and we are still a league higher that we have any right to be.

Lets remember the many plusses we have!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 09:07:57 PM »

Remember, we have the best manager we could possibly get

[/quote]

How do you know this to be true?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 10:44:11 PM »

Good comment.

GH is the man of the moment and no doubt he will have a significant part to play in the rise and fall of Alty!

If some of the comments i heard today were true then he has lost my respect and probably some of the players.

I  would rather us go down fighting and playing half decent football with the most skilfull players available and not playing second rate LB that have poor positional play and no pace.

We play far too narrow these days and pump the ball up to players that rarely challenge for the ball.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 12:29:01 AM »

Surely we were the better of two awful teams today

Alty had:

Senior hit post
Missed Pen
Miss by little from pen rebound on line
Miss by Thornley when free
Miss by Mcfadden from 2 yards
O'Neil hit post

Southport had

3 weak shots easily gathered by coburn
1 that he spilled
2 deflected goals

Barring Baker and that grey haired midfielder they were as sh*t as us. 

« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 12:31:15 AM by markecky »

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 12:57:13 AM »

The game is about goals, Southport took their chances and scored more goals than us, ergo they deserved to win. I know this is a rather simplistic way to view a game but on yesterday's showing I believe it to be true.

Both teams were poor and very evenly matched and so it came down to who took their chances, Southport did and we didn't. We may have had the better chances but we by no means battered them and we certainly didn't deserve the three points.

The issue of luck is an odd one, it may seem unlucky that we missed a penalty but it wasn't. The penalty was missed as it went where every Aspinall penalty always goes, their keeper obviously knew this so he dived the correct way. Hardly luck, just a poor penalty. Hitting the post is also not unlucky, the post is not the goal, hitting the post is as good as missing by yards, and finally wasting chances is not unlucky it's just not being very good.

We lost today because we were marginally poorer than Southport, not because we were unlucky.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 01:07:27 AM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 01:01:30 AM »

Too right i dont mind loosing when we deserve to get beat by a betta team, but some players today did not show proper commitment we need to start fighting and IF this team aint got that fighting spirit. WE ARE GOING DOWN !!

Who?

I thought some players were a bit crap today, I didn't see any who weren't trying.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team