PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Keepeer and stewards
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Keepeer and stewards  (Read 10847 times)

Caffers123

Keepeer and stewards
« on: February 03, 2007, 06:19:26 PM »

Awful display from keeper at end even worse stewarding

Jenga

Re: Keepeer and stewards
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 06:47:57 PM »

Totally agree with the above

BUT

Awfull display from the Alty fans as well - myself included and for that I apologise.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 07:02:22 PM »

The behaviour of a small minority of the small number of Alty fans at the end was digusting i was ashamed to be an Alty fan, I think the stewards did a good job and the fans who went on the pitch are lucky that mersyside police were not present or they would be having free b&b in Southport tonight.
I was speaking to there stewards before the match and praising how Alty fans behave themselves and don't cause trouble apart from a bit of goading which always go on.How wrong was i. Thanks for making Altrincham fc look txxts.
I hope your proud.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 07:06:57 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

altytinny10

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 07:07:13 PM »

The behaviour of a small minority of the small number of Alty fans at the end was digusting i was ashamed to be an Alty fan, I think the stewards did a good job and the fans who went on the pitch are lucky that mersyside police were not present or they would be having free b&b in Sothport tonight.
I was speaking to there stewards before the match and praising how Alty fans behave themselves and don't cause trouble apart from a bit of goading which always go on.How wrong was i. Thanks for making Altrincham fc look txxts.
I hope your proud.

Left on full time but saw the fans behind the goal having a go counted four lads. I wish our players were as passionate as me and those fans, saw nothing wrong upto 94 mins what they were doin the first 45 mins was goading the scouseport fans. As long as there is no trouble then anything we say or do (within reason) in those 90 mins in acceptable to me.

At least us fans who do speak out can say we are trus supports of Alty not like some who stay quiet for 90 mins without even chanting or anything.  :P

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 07:21:16 PM »

The behaviour of a small minority of the small number of Alty fans at the end was digusting i was ashamed to be an Alty fan, I think the stewards did a good job and the fans who went on the pitch are lucky that mersyside police were not present or they would be having free b&b in Sothport tonight.
I hope your proud.

Left on full time but saw the fans behind the goal having a go counted four lads. I wish our players were as passionate as me and those fans, saw nothing wrong upto 94 mins what they were doin the first 45 mins was goading the scouseport fans. As long as there is no trouble then anything we say or do (within reason) in those 90 mins in acceptable to me.

At least us fans who do speak out can say we are trus supports of Alty not like some who stay quiet for 90 mins without even chanting or anything.  :P

So majority of fans who stayed quite are not true Alty fans after doing an 80 odd  mile round trip to watch there team. Shall i stay at home in future?
Because i don't swear and gaod the oppersition supporters and players. No wonder coach travel is dwindelling with comments like that.
As for invading the pitch it is an arrestable offence.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 06:59:55 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 07:21:39 PM »

Completely agree.the keeper may have been slightly stupid for "rubbing it in" but he is entitled to celebrate getting 3 points and being the hero in saving the pen.The alty fans shouldnt have reacted the way they did.We are normally the good fans we dont start trouble and we dont want this attitude to change

Alty Rock God

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 07:26:18 PM »

Doesn't it just boil down to being bad losers?  As for the Alty fan who went up to the goal and spat towards the keeper...

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 07:35:27 PM »

don't think it was a deliberate spit, he was shouting and some gob came out. the keeper as a professional (what utter bollocks that is) should not react like that. At this level goading is a regular occurance and is one of the things i like about non-league, but some of the reactions were over the top, i will admit to being one of the 4 lads who may have ventured towards the boards when the keeper was feigning injury while all the time having a smile on his face, but pure cynical play when 2-0 up is disgusting and is another reason why that buch of scouse T**ts deserve to be in the conf north.

if people feel appologies need to be made i do. but i feel the keeper knew emotions would be running high and did nothing to avoid any sort of confrontation. I just hope the official whom came over to appologise will actuall procede on with his promise of reprimand.

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 07:53:59 PM »

Totally agree with the above

BUT

Awfull display from the Alty fans as well - myself included and for that I apologise.

oh just to clarify my actions were verbal only and i did not try to get on the pitch :-)

man in the stand

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 08:53:37 PM »

................ At this level goading is a regular occurance and is one of the things i like about non-league, but some of the reactions were over the top.........

Well it is normal but fans are quite happy to dish out all types of insults but don't like it when players talk back.  I  know he shouldn't have did what he did but thank God this incident wasn't any worse - otherwise we would be in a big trouble.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 08:57:43 PM »

I went on the pitch to encourage the players. For that i am not apologising.
They need to be told to get their heads up. I walked on via the gate and their steward had no problems with me.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »

I also witnessed the Alty fan who sank to the pitiful depths of spitting at the Southport keeper.

Frankly, you should be deeply embarrassed at your behaviour.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 10:24:22 PM »

I went on the pitch to encourage the players. For that i am not apologising.
They need to be told to get their heads up. I walked on via the gate and their steward had no problems with me.

From where I was you got on the pitch on the blind side of stewards to have a go at their goalie, then bottled it.
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 01:04:38 AM »

I thought it was all rather exciting.

Boys will be boys.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 01:09:28 AM »

I have to admit that the sight of Hughesy going 'arse over tit' as he attempted to climb the perimeter fence to get on the pitch was rather amusing...!

However, some people do need to grow up!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Keepeer and stewards