PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Keepeer and stewards
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Keepeer and stewards  (Read 10857 times)

Stan Smith

Re: Keepeer and stewards
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007, 01:39:46 AM »

I am a southport fan before I start but dont automatically moan just because I follow the yellows. I didnt see the trouble as I was to busy celebrating but from what I have just read then I think it was a mixture of annoyed passionate fans a nd a couple of nutters to lead them on. I think banter between the two sets of fans is a good thing to have. Aslong as its not anything to serious and no racism or like really offensive stuff then it is good fun. I dont mind being called a scouser aslong as I can call you a dirty manc. (I actually support Man utd aswell so im obviously not meaning what I say). The banter between the players and the fans is also part of the game aslong as its nothing to personal or sinister. We had a good laugh with your Keeper and he gave back as good as he got so alls fair but I dont agree with spitting and throwing things at thim though. Nor do I believe in violence at a Football match unnlees it is betwen two players and is entertaining  ;). We have trouble sometimes with local chavs thinking they are Millwall fans and coming to a game that they know nothing about just beause they feel like a fight. Im sure every club has them and I hope that they do not put people off going to games. I hope you enjoyed your trip across to Sunny  ;) Southport and you can sort out any troublesome fans incase we playyou in the cup next year as Im afraid we will be in different leagues next year. Ill let you make your minds up as who will be down and safe  but Im sure you grasp my veiw on the matter!!! Good luck chaps.

moousee

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 02:14:09 AM »

fair play, and good luck for the season. Enjoy the conference north  :P

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 02:59:12 AM »

From where I was you got on the pitch on the blind side of stewards to have a go at their goalie, then bottled it.

Ok. So I didn't infact approach the goalie and am being heckled for it ? So maybe you would rather I did hit him and what would that make me  ? This is baffling.  I know what I did and IF I was going to attack the goalie I had a good chance to, I did not as I was going over to our players, as I said previous to tell them to get their heads up. I only found out what the GK said AFTERWARDS and thats why a few fans got annoyed,and whether that was right or wrong it was their opinion.

You obviously heard the conversation between me and the very friendly steward I had been talking to most of the game then after the match ? or the one I had with Scotty and Munroe ??? Or would you want to guess what was said there as well ?

I really can't be bothered with anonymous internet heckling so will ask someone on here to please do the buckets for the club at the York game. I will send £10 cheques to the club for my entrance fees as I'm totally fed up of always being singled out and lied about when people have not got an idea what has gone on.

The forum will of course stay open as I'm not petty enough to shut it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 03:00:49 AM by gazwarrington »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 08:56:48 AM »

AT THE END OF THE DAY IT WAS A FOOTBALL GAME!!

NOT LIFE OR DEATH!!

Lets move on and get behind the team on Saturday  :)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 11:36:12 AM »

I hope you enjoyed your trip across to Sunny  ;) Southport and you can sort out any troublesome fans incase we playyou in the cup next year as Im afraid we will be in different leagues next year. Ill let you make your minds up as who will be down and safe  but Im sure you grasp my veiw on the matter!!! Good luck chaps

I sincerely hope your optimism isn't based upon what you saw yesterday!

Both teams were poor, both teams will be playing each other next season.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

luke_altyfc

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 08:13:51 PM »

i didnt see anything wrong with  any of the alty fans during the 90 mins. Cant we have any passion in football nowadays.

bighairedmike

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2007, 09:25:30 PM »

We have trouble sometimes with local chavs thinking they are Millwall fans and coming to a game that they know nothing about just beause they feel like a fight. Im sure every club has them and I hope that they do not put people off going to games.

thats actually very true. when you came to us last time we had some local t**ts hanging round after the game. all of them looked about 12 and one of them asked me if i was a southampton fan. it was only when his dickhead mate reminded him it was southport that he reelised who we'd played. he then ran away in embarrasment/scaredness at the way ma mate was looking at him.  :D

i think i have three reasons why they are good at football matches
1) you can laugh at their stupidness
2) how they try 2 be funny and then do something really stupid (as above) or by walking into a car :D           and
3) Alty get the money they pay to get in.

theyre still pricks but...meh
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 09:41:29 PM by bighairedmike »

Hulme Robin

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007, 10:07:26 PM »

i didnt see anything wrong with  any of the alty fans during the 90 mins. Cant we have any passion in football nowadays.

yeah  i agree, a good turn out by alty fans, result didn't go our way, keeper got some stick for acting like a T**t.

its what football's all about, i much prefer a bit of passion and emotion at football than have to put up with some sterile plastic all seated affair that you might find at stockport.

up the robins

Altyant

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 07:30:19 PM »

yeah  i agree, a good turn out by alty fans, result didn't go our way, keeper got some stick for acting like a T**t.

its what football's all about, i much prefer a bit of passion and emotion at football than have to put up with some sterile plastic all seated affair that you might find at stockport.

up the robins

Totally agree

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 03:03:25 PM »

The behaviour of a small minority of the small number of Alty fans at the end was digusting i was ashamed to be an Alty fan, I think the stewards did a good job and the fans who went on the pitch are lucky that mersyside police were not present or they would be having free b&b in Southport tonight.
I was speaking to there stewards before the match and praising how Alty fans behave themselves and don't cause trouble apart from a bit of goading which always go on.How wrong was i. Thanks for making Altrincham fc look txxts.
I hope your proud.

Handbags to be honest Darren, I'm not ashamed to be an Alty fan.

We were alright during the game and friendly enough with the stewards. A couple of people got too wound up by the keeper and whoever spat at him needs to get a grip but other than that individual, fine.

The keeper was a f**king disgrace, that was way over the top the goading. Now I generally don't care about getting 2 fingers from a keeper, you have to be able to take what you give out, I wasn't arsed at Stafford when their keeper turned round and gave us a big 'yes' before disappearing of. But this lad continued with it for quite a while. And you know why Darren, cos the little sh*thouse knew that there were stewards there, he wasn't arsed if he caused any aggro between stewards and fans who'd been fine all game. He's quite happy to put an unpaid volunteer on the line for him - thats why hes a disgrace and I tols the Alexie Sayle steward that meself. He wasn't too bothered by us but I told him to get hold of the keeper cos if he thinks he can do that to York or Oxford there'll be mayhem.  Did you see him when it looked like there weren't enough stewards to stop the odd fan, his face turned white and he pegged it off. Don't go overreacting to Saturday. We were all a bit het up and it was a little bit more heated than at most Alty games but it was contained.

Wait till next week when a bucnch of chavs who've attached themselves to York are trying to stage pitch invasions then you'll know whatr T**ts are and why Saturday isn't so bad. And don't panic, I don't gloss over things and says things don't happen but I'm really more embarrassed by the loss on Saturday than any fans reactions. End of.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 03:06:35 PM »

well said!

Keep the passion Alty

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2007, 03:13:47 PM »

The individual who perpetrated the action we've all got so steamed up about has been big enough to contact me off forum and is suitably embarrassed by their actions.

The Club, Darren and I will, together with the individual concerned deal with the matter now and so far as I for one am concerned the whole spitting incident is no longer a current issue.

There is nothing that we can do about the behaviour of the Southport Goalkeeper. I do get on very well with the Safety Officer at Southport however and I will be in touch with him to apprise him of the details of events once I have the necessary info to base it on. From what I have heard thus far the Stewards at Southport were excellent, friendly and accommodating and I will include this information when I speak to him.

Cheers

Phill

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2007, 03:25:19 PM »

what a load of crap  ;D

anyone would think we were Millwall!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2007, 03:31:07 PM »

Thanks for your kind words Mr Altrincham,

I obviously didn't make myself clear enough.

I'm going to tell him that any perceived issues were caused by the Home Goalkeeper and that if he repeats it in front of some other travelling support, not so well behaved as our fans there might well be more serious issues to address.

Hope this clarifies things for you?

harv

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2007, 03:33:17 PM »

I went on the pitch to encourage the players. For that i am not apologising.
They need to be told to get their heads up. I walked on via the gate and their steward had no problems with me.

do not think that is true somehow gary as you were clearly after their keeper and we have all seen you do that before

* (GW: Have emailed you Harv about alteration)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 05:54:46 PM by gazwarrington »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Keepeer and stewards