News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Need to change the team before it's too late

Author Topic: Need to change the team before it's too late  (Read 1964 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 03, 2007, 06:44:18 PM »

I was not there today due to work.

I think we will be relegated if we don't start attacking more.If Graham has said that Thornley is not a striker anymore what the bleeding hell is O'Neil? I can honestly say that if Thornley had started as many games up front as Joe he would have at least twice as many goals and by god that is what we need. The team should be

Coburn

LB Peyton
RB G Scott ( a lot better defender than Aspinal)
CB Munroe
CB Band

LW Senior
RW Lawton
CM Bushell
CM Chamlers or Val

CF Little
CF Thornley

Little and Thornley played well together last year, in my eye's still the best partnership we have. Joe has been given long enough, give someone else a try. I remember at home last year we went out all attack and looked like scoring. We so badly miss a Pottsy or Robinson,why not play n attacking team from the start? especially at home. Southport are garbage and we've lost to them. It seems I only come on here to moan but the fact is I'm bricking it as I see the team we are playing has no goals in it. Most of the time we have four centre mids playing at the same time in midfield, how are we going to create chances for the strikers ? and especially for a striker who needs about 7 chances to get a goal in O'Neil. Sorry Joe love you work rate but you ain't good enough. Also the fullbacks don't overlap as much this season, we need to take chances, seems like we wait until we are losing then decide to attack and most of the time it is too late then.

altytinny10

Re: Need to change the team before it's too late
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 07:01:54 PM »

I was not there today due to work.

I think we will be relegated if we don't start attacking more.If Graham has said that Thornley is not a striker anymore what the bleeding hell is O'Neil? I can honestly say that if Thornley had started as many games up front as Joe he would have at least twice as many goals and by god that is what we need. The team should be

Coburn

LB Peyton
RB G Scott ( a lot better defender than Aspinal)
CB Munroe
CB Band

LW Senior
RW Lawton
CM Bushell
CM Chamlers or Val

CF Little
CF Thornley

Little and Thornley played well together last year, in my eye's still the best partnership we have. Joe has been given long enough, give someone else a try. I remember at home last year we went out all attack and looked like scoring. We so badly miss a Pottsy or Robinson,why not play n attacking team from the start? especially at home. Southport are garbage and we've lost to them. It seems I only come on here to moan but the fact is I'm bricking it as I see the team we are playing has no goals in it. Most of the time we have four centre mids playing at the same time in midfield, how are we going to create chances for the strikers ? and especially for a striker who needs about 7 chances to get a goal in O'Neil. Sorry Joe love you work rate but you ain't good enough. Also the fullbacks don't overlap as much this season, we need to take chances, seems like we wait until we are losing then decide to attack and most of the time it is too late then.

Most of the time we have four centre mids playing at the same time in midfield, how are we going to create chances for the strikers ? and especially for a striker who needs about 7 chances to get a goal in O'Neil. Sorry Joe love you work rate but you ain't good enough

SPOT ON MY FRIEND WITH THE COMMENTS

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Need to change the team before it's too late
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 07:57:51 PM »

I agrree that Rod should be starting, and we need to attack more.

The team looked low on confidence today but still had enough chances to win 4 -2!!

I personally think gh got it wrong today  :-[ :-[
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team