PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hayes match thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Hayes match thread  (Read 41784 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Hayes match thread
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2011, 10:30:08 PM »

Hayes were the worst team I've seen us play this season, but I'm taking nothing away from us, especially going forward. We just need to keep that level of play up and find some form of consistency now. A clip of Clee's deflected free-kick will be up on YouTube shortly but I can't guarantee good quality!

Can't wait for Barrow on Saturday

bumble

« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2011, 10:34:12 PM »

Hayes were the worst team I've seen us play this season, but I'm taking nothing away from us, especially going forward. We just need to keep that level of play up and find some form of consistency now. A clip of Clee's deflected free-kick will be up on YouTube shortly but I can't guarantee good quality!

Can't wait for Barrow on Saturday

The blonde cb kept the score at 4, without him, they'd be a lot lot worse

Steve foster looked lively - came very close to scoring

Great goal by sam and good performance

Wes and Joseph to come back too :)

Joe Wood

« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2011, 10:41:07 PM »

Back from the match. Brilliant result! Hayes were a terrible team; very shaky at the back, but we made chances and most importantly finished 4 of them.

What a confidence boost that is just before Barrow. Clee was superb, looked threatening every time he got the ball when he ran at them. Reeves as always was effective with his great movement off the ball, he can't stop scoring! Also hope that Twiss can build on his finish tonight. Defence was reasonably solid, both of their goals were very scrappy, but we dealt with their other attacks rather well even though there were few of them.

As for the new boys, Wedgebury played very well and was glad to see him start. His goal wasn't the easiest of our chances in the first half so he did well to power it into the back of the net, well done and welcome to the club. Foster came on later in the game and seemed enthusiastic and could have got a goal himself after Clee's driven ball into the area met his outstretched leg, however the keeper made a decent save. Very pleased with both of them, well done Ken.

Support this evening was good for the very low attendance. Proud to be an Alty fan tonight, the league table looks much more promising now!

Bring on Barrow!

joe

« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2011, 11:10:56 PM »

As i predicted before the match Hayes looked tired after two long journeys in three days and we capitalised well. Onwards ane upwards!

bumble

« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2011, 11:23:50 PM »

Club site :-

Right On his Alty debut, midfielder Sam Wedgbury was named Man of the Match against Hayes & Yeading.

markecky

« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2011, 08:20:05 AM »

I am simply delighted.

We've now built a platform to get out of this from the pits of despair in September.  Now lets push on and stay in this league.

A nervy night on the terraces but the support was pretty good and no one paniced and called for Kennys head when we went down.

You could see what it meant to the players as the goals went in.  Nicky Clee's celebration was great.

A player from Macc scores on his debut...you'll do for me!

And so to Barrow...

Jenga

« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »

I thought everyone played very well. Reeves was a menace up front, I thought he played one of his best games last night.

Hayes were not good, but you can only beat what is put in front of you and we did that.

The support was good, plenty of singing and only the occasional shouting at individual players was heard when they made mistakes.

Barrow is now another massive game, if we can get a result there, draw or win I will be delighted.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2011, 09:00:41 AM »

A fantastic result last night, really like the look of Wedgbury and Clee was outstanding, really hoping Twiss will get a confidence boost from the goal and be up for Barrow. Reeves was involved in everything last night and ran himself into the ground.

Agree with others, their 22 was good and it could have been more but for him.

bumble

« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2011, 09:00:56 AM »

I am simply delighted.
We've now built a platform to get out of this from the pits of despair in September.  Now lets push on and stay in this league.
A nervy night on the terraces but the support was pretty good and no one paniced and called for Kennys head when we went down.
You could see what it meant to the players as the goals went in.  Nicky Clee's celebration was great.

A player from Macc scores on his debut...you'll do for me!
And so to Barrow...

Showed they now believe they can stay up, and how much staying up means

A point at barrow would amazing - but a win may take us temporarily out of the drop zone (subject to games in hand and other results on saturday)  :D

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2011, 09:37:02 AM »

Sometimes going a goal behind tells you more about players than simply winning. To comeback from an early conceded goal in such an important match shows the character and determination that this set of players have. It would have been easy for heads to drop and to go through the motions but to comeback and win is superb.

I skipped and sung Alty songs as I left work at 10 last night, got the usual funny looks off the Polish, Hungarians and Slovaks but sod up .. .WHAT A RESULT !!!

And yeah, even i cheered the (s)Macc Lad for scoring :) - its a weird world.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:44:04 AM by gazwarrington »

daisy

« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2011, 04:48:30 PM »

I assume Daisy is buying after her bet finally came in!
Oh so close!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hayes match thread