PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 what happened
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: what happened  (Read 5840 times)

David (sfc)

what happened
« on: February 03, 2007, 07:21:20 PM »

could someone please explain what happened after the game at your end, as i left pretty much on the full time whistle

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: what happened
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 07:26:02 PM »

yes your goal keeper is a T**t and some of your stewards are no better, the keeper was lucky to get off the field in all fairness cos i wanted to T**t him and so did atleast 6 other lads. one of your directors had to come over and appologise for his actions

David (sfc)

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 07:32:29 PM »

as for our keeper, i cant recall him doing anyhting like this before, what did he say??????? but as for the stewards, they hav already been criticised this season when we played morecambe on boxing day, morecambe fans wer in our end and wer looking for trouble, the stewards failed to take action. But i have heard that our stewards are not trained in crowd control, the are purely volunteers.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 07:38:48 PM »

when he went down 'injured' he had a smile on his face the whole time, after the second goal he celebrated like he had just won the league, when the whistle blew he came running in the direction of the fans shouting something i could not tell what, then sauntered around like he was don1 its a f**king disgrace

Stan Smith

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 01:44:33 AM »

Its only what any Keeper does when you get your first victory for a bit especially in the circumstances of our club. With all the abuse players get fans are also lucky to get out of the ground in one piece!!!

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 11:33:25 AM »

Its amazing how many football fans think they can stand on the terraces and shout owt they want at opposing players/refs/stewards/etc etc.. yet when they get the first sign of a little jip back they're running on pitches, spitting, complaining to clubs, asking for bans and all that business! Smacks of hypocrisy. Im not just referring to your game but most clubs have people like that.

louise1925

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 06:04:18 PM »

You are seriously missing the point Chris. I thought the abuse our fans were directing at Port's keeper was pretty horrific throughout the entire second half and I did not take part in any of it. However, a keeper is PAID to keep goal, not deliberately goad supporters. Mr. Harrison (the keeper in question) needs to watch the likes of Scott Bevan at Kiddy and Ashley Bayes at Grays. These lads are true pros. They can take the stick, play the game and applaud the support at the end. I'm not sure how you think a goalie should behave, but if gesturing and verbally abusing a large group of supporters is your idea of professional goalkeeping, then you seriously have problems.
AltyBri

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 06:13:35 PM »

I'm not missing the point as much as you think Bri. If i turned up to your work and called you a c*nt for an hour and half would you just keep silent and not say a word? Just simply because you're being paid? He's only a human being and everyone reaches a point where they either turn round and tell you to get f*cked, or just taunt you with the result of the game. A lot of football supporters think paying £12 every Saturday gives them the right to shout anything they like at players and ref's, and it blatantly doesn't.  Its hypocritical which ever way you look at it.

louise1925

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 10:19:04 AM »

Applying your logic then, why don't verbally abused keepers just throw off their gloves and attack the fans in question, perhaps with the help of their team mates? We could have a good old fashioned free for all and completely forget that it's a footy match. Still think you should watch the likes of Bevan and Bayes closely before suggesting keepers can gesture at and goad supporters,
AltyBri

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 04:43:57 PM »

Everyones different. Some people react differently to abuse and have varying degree's of 'breaking points'.

My point is, and always was, that just because you pay £12 every Saturday, it doesn't mean its ok to abuse the opposition players... and when you do and get a reaction its very hypocritical to go off on one and claim it to be out of order!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 09:52:54 PM »

right. Devils advocate time.

I don't agree with how I reacted before I begin BUT ( come on we all love a but  ;D )

If you were at work and 20*ish very emotional lads were giving you grief would you expect a back lash if you replied ? OR if you turned round and replied would you expect a fight to emerge ?

Sorry but If I was in town and gave someone some stick and they turned round and gave it me back I would continue the stick or else it would be deemed as being a chicken for not backing up my statement.

The way your saying it means that if a supporter gives a player stick and he replies then it should be ok to finish off the arguement or else why argue in the first place ?

as far as i'm concerned forgive and forget but IF a person turns round and says (this is what I have been told) COME ON YOU MANC TW*S then he isn't really keeping the peace.

Easy answer for the keeper is *CLAP* *CLAP* well done lads at least we got 3pts or something to that effect
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:56:11 PM by gazwarrington »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 10:17:17 PM »

Gary, I recall That loon Dootson when at Bamber Bridge making vile gestures to us at the chequers end. I am a calm mid 40's bloke who only gets to the odd game, I was so riled by his antics that at that one moment I could've done something silly. Fortunately I just marched down the terrace and gave him some verbals which I continued till the game finished. No harm done. You hit no one , did nothing more. It's emotion, but to a degree controlled. Forget it, i'm sure Harrison has?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Stockportalty

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 09:12:20 AM »

as for our keeper, i cant recall him doing anyhting like this before, what did he say??????? but as for the stewards, they hav already been criticised this season when we played morecambe on boxing day, morecambe fans wer in our end and wer looking for trouble, the stewards failed to take action. But i have heard that our stewards are not trained in crowd control, the are purely volunteers.

I just want to mention that our stewards are all volunteers too, most of us have had training and the others are in the process of doing it, and I understand that it will soon become a rule that all stewards at football grounds will have to have some training.
 In my experience it is the stewards that are volunteers that manage better at our level, they get to know the fans and can read a situation better, the 'professional' ones tend to be a  lot more 'jobsworth'.
 I wasn't there on Saturday but its sounds like it was one of those situations that occasionally happens when emotions on both sides get a bit heated, we can't change what happened, but it is in the past now, we all need to move on.

Fred Elliot

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 02:11:37 PM »

At the final whistle we were treated to scenes of grown men acting like T**ts. If you can't take a bit of stick back then don't hand it out yourself. I took my lass to the match and I asked her what she thought at the end, she said pathetic and she wasn't talking about our finishing.

However I did find it mildly ammusing watching the apemen scenes at the final whistle so the day wasn't a complete dissappointment - I love non league footy me

teasybeaver

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 04:35:12 PM »

I took my lass to the match and I asked her what she thought at the end, she said pathetic and she wasn't talking about our finishing.

How is the afterlife treating you Fred? Cant believe Audrey got a saturday away from the salon to watch a match? Are you not mad with her carrying on with Kevin Websters dad? You should take it up with Kev, he goes the match sometimes!

Yours Polishingly
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 what happened