News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 weekend ramblings

Author Topic: weekend ramblings  (Read 2713 times)

dino

weekend ramblings
« on: January 30, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »

having visited " Highbury" for the first time on saturday, i cannot believe what a souless place it is , completely devoid of atmosphere. They have obviously picked up a few new supporters over the last couple of years, but they will need to import a few more if the new £4.1 m investment is not going to be a white elephant. What a monstrous site it is going to be, completely dwarfing the other stands and surrounding terraced houses. If i were them i would be thinking of investing in some new players to get out of this league before constructing that thingy! The first half was possibly the worse i have ever seen in BSP, although second half was pretty good and their LB scored the goal of the season from 30yds.
Clancy was good.

how bad are Forest Green? they couldnt muster a shot on target, and their 28 supporters were less than impressed.cant see them escaping the drop either.

After todays FA Cup draw ,as a holder of 4 season tkts at O.T, i am obliged to give £130 towards the crawley bandwagon. This is particularily distasteful and distressing and they take the money automatically. what should i do?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: weekend ramblings
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 07:20:47 PM »

After todays FA Cup draw ,as a holder of 4 season tkts at O.T, i am obliged to give £130 towards the crawley bandwagon. This is particularily distasteful and distressing and they take the money automatically. what should i do?

Sell them and get some money back
@AltyDaz

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 07:21:20 PM »

You should have a long hard look at yourself. Rip up your season tickets infront of a major shareholder at Man Ure and declare you are doing it against the Glaziers and whilst you are getting the publicity for the stunt where an Alty top :~)

markecky

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 07:29:43 PM »

Glad to hear Fleetwood are no world beaters although surely they must have something about them to be in the playoffs?

Also glad to hear that FGR are toilet as well.  The longer they keep that clown Hockoday in the hot seat the better chance we have of finishing above them.

Noticed the headline of his BBC interview was "We are improving every week..".

Course you are.

bumble

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 08:04:13 PM »

Glad to hear Fleetwood are no world beaters although surely they must have something about them to be in the playoffs?

Also glad to hear that FGR are toilet as well.  The longer they keep that clown Hockoday in the hot seat the better chance we have of finishing above them.

Noticed the headline of his BBC interview was "We are improving every week..".

Course you are.

Might not have been Fleetwood but remember on the coach earlier in the season someone with the quote "theyre just pretending to be good, when theyre sh*t"

dino

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 08:16:30 PM »

forgot to mention their scoreboard, erected in one corner... its 100ft high and worthy of the premiership!

whats going on, the whole thing is sureal. r they hoping to eclipse Bloomfield rd ?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 08:41:14 PM »

Nice to see you having a go at another club for a change  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 08:52:33 PM »

having visited " Highbury" for the first time on saturday, i cannot believe what a souless place it is , completely devoid of atmosphere. They have obviously picked up a few new supporters over the last couple of years, but they will need to import a few more if the new £4.1 m investment is not going to be a white elephant. What a monstrous site it is going to be, completely dwarfing the other stands and surrounding terraced houses. If i were them i would be thinking of investing in some new players to get out of this league before constructing that thingy! The first half was possibly the worse i have ever seen in BSP, although second half was pretty good and their LB scored the goal of the season from 30yds.
Clancy was good.

how bad are Forest Green? they couldnt muster a shot on target, and their 28 supporters were less than impressed.cant see them escaping the drop either.

Go, and shout for Utd

bumble

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 08:57:44 PM »

having visited
After todays FA Cup draw ,a a holder of 4 season tkts at O.T, i am obliged to give £130 towards the crawley bandwagon. This is particularily distasteful and distressing and they take the money automatically. what should i do?

Go, and shout for Utd

Unless it's the saturday
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 weekend ramblings