News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham forum going into meltdown

Author Topic: Wrexham forum going into meltdown  (Read 2986 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 31, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »

It seems the owners have sold the club, to a company called van morton investments, that have links to a certain liverpudlian boxing promoter.Worse still,the ex owners have sold the new owners wrexham fc, but havent sold them the racecourse ground, that now no longer belongs to Wrexham FC  :o

I wonder if saunders will walk tonight having so obvioulsy been kept out of the loop.Heres the official conference statement on todays development

The Football Conference Board have issued a statement regarding the situation at Wrexham.

The statement reads: “We note the statements made by Wrexham FC on their web-site, which has given rise to enquiries from the media and supporters.

“From a Football Conference perspective we have had no communication from those named as taking control of the club nor those who would appear to be handing over control.
Their membership as a football club is first vested in the FA of Wales and it is their parent FA who may wish to deal with some of the issues raised already by the media and supporters of the club.

“We are mindful that this news was only issued into the public domain today and accordingly it would be inappropriate of the Football Conference to make any further statement at this time until we receive more factual information from the club as required under rules, whereby changes are made to directorship or any other issues which could impact on their eligibility to compete in our competition.

“At this juncture all we can say is that similar to our recent statement with regards to Mansfield Town, they will be fully aware that if Wrexham FC, due to these changes do not own the freehold of their ground upon which they play fixtures, then they must have in place by 1st March a minimum ten year lease to be eligible to compete in the Football League next season.”

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham forum going into meltdown
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »

This is a total disgrace, imagine how we would feel if we owned the ground and the club changed hands only for the old owner still to own the ground and charge us rent on it.  My sympathies are with them, and not just because I live only 3 miles from their ground.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:01:57 PM by ellisapple »
Bernard Taylors barmy army

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 09:44:08 PM »

Is this going to be another Chester :o

Cpd_Wrecsam

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 07:06:20 AM »

Thats a total disgrace,im sure i speak for all of us when i say you have our sympathy and support

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 07:47:58 AM »

Thats a total disgrace,im sure i speak for all of us when i say you have our sympathy and support
Totally agree. We may have had afew differences with Wrexham, but we wouldn't wish this sort of crap on them.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 08:25:57 AM »

Indeed.

Apart from the tiny minority who are sub human scum, Wrexham certainly don't deserver more upheaval.

Its easy to forget how big these clubs are as well.

Their match thread on their forum on Saturday was was watched at one point by 500+ members and 600 guests!

Narcissist

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 10:23:47 AM »

Its happened too many times now, and unfortunately it happened just down the road at Chester so they dont have far to go and trace the steps that may await them in the next 12 months or so.

I think that the FA should approve any move like this to seperate a clubs ownership from ownership of its ground. If FA dont agree they expel club from the league.

Im not saying Wrexham should be kicked out of the league, in fact the opposite, I happen to think that theyre a great club (with a clown for a manager. I think this kind of deal would never go through if the FA gave prior warning that it meant the club would be kicked out of the league.

bumble

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 10:57:01 AM »

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/02/01/we-re-humbled-to-be-a-part-of-wrexham-fc-say-new-owners-55578-28089986/

WREXHAM FC has been sold to an investment vehicle set up by former Macclesfield Town chairman Rob Bickerton and Tony Allan, who has worked in the past at several Football League clubs, including Chester City.

Yesterday’s low-key announcement that Wrexham Village partners Geoff Moss and Ian Roberts have off-loaded the Blue Square Bet Premier club to Van Morton Investments, while retaining ownership of the Racecourse stadium and Colliers Park training ground, came as no surprise following a weekend of speculation.

But in the absence of any official handover or opportunity to learn more from the new owners’ about their plans for the club, supporters had to settle for vague declarations that the incoming regime would hope to work with fans to build a stable future and that the stadium and training ground would be acquired by the new owners at some stage in the future.

Shropshire businessman Mr Bickerton, who runs an information technology business in Ironbridge, will become chairman of the club and Mr Allan chief executive, while the former owners will step down from the board and become vice-presidents.

In his statement Mr Bickerton said: “Tony Allan and I are honoured and humbled to join the board of directors of Wrexham FC.

“As the new guardians of the club, Tony as chief executive and I as chairman, we have a very simple ambition, which is to create a sound financial footing for the club and to also secure the stadium.

“In this way, we can provide the stable platform that is required to ensure the long term and give the best chance of gaining a higher league status. We start today and are committed to the cause.

“We invite support and welcome opinion.

“ We will need time and may get some things wrong, however, we can guarantee that any decisions that we make will be those that we believe to be in the best interests of the club. We have no other motive.

“We look forward to meeting supporters and building a passion for the club. Having been to Mansfield on Saturday and seen such a fine display, this is not likely to take too long.”

Wrexham Village said the sale of the club, subject to due diligence, would proceed as quickly as possible and that of the stadium and training ground at a later stage.

The statement went on: “Van Morton Investments is a recently formed company, the purpose of which is to attract and provide Wrexham FC with funding.

“All parties will work towards a smooth transition in change of ownership and ensure that nothing prevents the continued good work of the team, management and staff.”

Mike Rance, current chairman of League Two club Macclesfield Town and a director at Moss Rose during Mr Bickerton’s time at the helm, said: “During his period as chairman, Macclesfield did pretty well.

“He had a strong board around him and Macclesfield Town punched above its weight.

“Robe certainly knows his way around lower league football and I’m sure that experience will be useful at Wrexham.

“He is well-connected in the football world at this level.”

Wrexham manager Dean Saunders, who was unaware until after last Saturday’s 3-2 win at Mansfield Town that the sale was imminent, said yesterday: “As far as I know some people are coming in and will be investing some money in the club.

“But I’ll be dealing with Geoff Moss between now and the end of the season.”

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 02:07:09 PM »

Was Mr Bickerton at Macc during the time they defrauded the Football Foundation to build the Sammy Mcinroy Suite?
They really should be beating teams like us

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 11:12:31 PM »

Was Mr Bickerton at Macc during the time they defrauded the Football Foundation to build the Sammy Mcinroy Suite?

Correct, he was the Finance Director.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team