News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Let's Keep Going

Author Topic: Let's Keep Going  (Read 3101 times)

radcliffe alty

Let's Keep Going
« on: February 04, 2007, 12:38:40 PM »

As Karl Munroe said at the end of the game yesterday 'let's keep going'!

We simply have to. I think emotions ran a little high yesterday with a few people, and I myself was far more vitriolic than I normally am towards the keeper. I was also very vocally critical of some of the Alty perfromances which isn't normally like me at all. I was very aggressive yesterday, which isn;t like me at all and I apologise for that. No idea where it came from, or why.

For what it's worth I though the stewards did a decent job in not overreacting and everyone got away without anyone getting hurt, or doing anything stupid which is the main thing. I think some of the reactions (and mine as well) were to do with the fact we had built this game up massively - perhaps more than we should have. It is only the start of Feb and we are 1 point off safety. We aren't rock bottom, and we aren't cast adrift.

What makes me the most annoyed is the fact that I know we are a good side. If we were just sh*t, and had been all season I think we would all accept we are just at a level too high. But we aren't. Why can't we put consistent good performances together? Why can;t we play well when it really counts (i.e. in these sort of games?).

It will be just like Alty to put in a sterling performance against York. A point would be a good result and will move us out of the zone again. Long way to go. BUT WE MUST STICK TOGETHER. Let's forget about yesterday - it was a bad day on and off the pitch. There will be plenty more good ones to come!

York like us - let's hope they are kind on Saturday!

tonybrads

Re: Let's Keep Going
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »

have to agree in what you have said.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 02:06:16 PM »

I hate to be harsh but with our away form, a point against York would NOT be a good result. We have consecutive away fixtures after that against the slime (admittedly they are nearly as bad at home as we are away) and then Crawley, who appear to have the money to bring in new players if not to pay what they actually owe. So we could then be looking potentially at a return of 1 point from 15. Every home game now, York, Oxford whoever we have to go full tilt for 3 points as our away form will let us down.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 02:10:22 PM »

I hate to be harsh but with our away form, a point against York would NOT be a good result.

After the garbage I watched yesterday, I tend to agree.

We are there for the taking at the moment.

>:(

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 02:14:02 PM »

Yep, that's it Phil. Unfortunately we're now past the stage we're it's ok to say, 'ooh big side at home, take a point'. We Really really need a win next Saturday, will your lads oblige?

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 02:16:17 PM »

Yep, that's it Phil. Unfortunately we're now past the stage we're it's ok to say, 'ooh big side at home, take a point'. We Really really need a win next Saturday, will your lads oblige?

If they do I will be absolutely mortified - but then again I was absolutely mortified yesterday, and last Saturday, and the Saturday before that so...........

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 06:24:15 PM »

have to agree in what you have said.

Shut up brads !!!!!    LMAO ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Let's Keep Going