PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSC: Alsager Town
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: CSC: Alsager Town  (Read 10331 times)

timbo13

« on: February 02, 2011, 12:52:39 PM »

It looks very like Alsager have imploded. The management team and the first team squad have all walked and they had to scrape together a team last night only to get tubbed 3:0.

Here's hoping we don't repeat last round and instead give these new signings and some of the youth team a run out. If we're stuck with playing in the CSC (and we are unless Alsager fold over the next seven days) we might as well rest the first team squad as much as possible.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: CSC: Alsager Town
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 12:59:05 PM »

We can win this one by a cricket score

How long you been watching Alty... Please don't be famous last words.... - Only Lancaster and Emley come to mind for that sort of outing :)

bumble

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 01:03:08 PM »

It looks very like Alsager have imploded. The management team and the first team squad have all walked and they had to scrape together a team last night only to get tubbed 3:0.

Here's hoping we don't repeat last round and instead give these new signings and some of the youth team a run out. If we're stuck with playing in the CSC (and we are unless Alsager fold over the next seven days) we might as well rest the first team squad as much as possible.

Asmuch as we need to give players a rest, I'd like to hope we still take it seriously enough to ensure we get to the final

However having seen videos of alsager - I feel our youth team would be good enough to record a result

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 01:11:02 PM »

Asmuch as we need to give players a rest, I'd like to hope we still take it seriously enough to ensure we get to the final

However having seen videos of alsager - I feel our youth team would be good enough to record a result

I fear our youth team may be a bit on the rusty side having not played since last October.   ;)
Come on Alty!

bumble

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 01:17:06 PM »

I fear our youth team may be a bit on the rusty side having not played since last October.   ;)
Even then I feel they could beat alsager town

timbo13

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 01:32:36 PM »

I'd best declare an interest here since my son is on the youth team.

The youth teamers might not have played together since 21st November (an NWYA Open Cup game against Nantwich) but quite a few of them will have played for other teams in the interim. I know quite a few of them play in Saturday leagues too, or play representative football for their schools or for County FA teams. Plus of course George organises training sessions, usually twice a week.

Alty Towers

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 01:55:48 PM »

Where is the final being held this year?

I really hope it isn't at Witton again, like it has been in our previous two finals!

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it at Moss Lane last year?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 02:54:06 PM »

I would be stunned if it wasn't played at Witton. Which other neutral venue would be more suitable?

(Assuming it's Alty v Vics)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:57:31 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 02:57:54 PM »

I would be stunned if it wasn't played at Witton. Which other neutral venue would be more suitable?

They could play it at OT at half time of the Man U v Crawley game and give 10% of the gate money to the winners.  :D

I hope its held at Nantwich, (Not as far to travel from Shrewsbury)

Alty Towers

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 03:55:17 PM »

I'd be surprised also, I just wish it wasn't as I hate going out to the middle of nowhere (although the ground is not that bad, to be fair).

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 04:08:19 PM »

I'd be surprised also, I just wish it wasn't as I hate going out to the middle of nowhere (although the ground is not that bad, to be fair).

Yeah, I see your point.
Come on Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 04:11:56 PM »

Alsager will put out a team and we should use it as an opportunity to put some potential youth players through a competitive game.  This is the CSC and yes it'd be nice to win it but the context is we're in a relegation scrap.  If we put out a full first team and pick up an injury...the consequences of that make me shudder.

We should put out a team capable of winning the game but there is no way we should be risking key players on this.

bumble

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 04:18:47 PM »

Alsager will put out a team and we should use it as an opportunity to put some potential youth players through a competitive game.  This is the CSC and yes it'd be nice to win it but the context is we're in a relegation scrap.  If we put out a full first team and pick up an injury...the consequences of that make me shudder.

We should put out a team capable of winning the game but there is no way we should be risking key players on this.

This should be our aim

We don't have to win it 7/8-0 - a comfortable 1/2-0 would suffice

I'd however also use this match to give Coates a game along with coly

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 04:37:30 PM »

They have vowed to fulfil all fixtures. As Foster's not coming let's have a look at Coly and Sonko whilst we're at it. The youth player Woods also looked useful so could be on the bench again?

We can win this one by a cricket score.

What do you have in mind?

Graham Gooch's 333 at Lord's, perhaps....?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »

Don't we have to play a reasonable looking first team or face a fine from the blazers at Cheshire HQ?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team