PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSC: Alsager Town
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: CSC: Alsager Town  (Read 10327 times)

markecky

Re: CSC: Alsager Town
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2011, 11:58:49 PM »

Then maybe I'm wrong on them...I would expect them to be the same as the last round

bumble

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2011, 12:04:28 AM »

I reckon if we get to the final.... When they present the trophy at the end we should all shout to the Cheshire FA members (who should be there) to arrange this bloody competition during the pre season.

Surely nobody turning up would surely be better from R1 onwards - then donating the money to the club so they dont lose out financially ?

as much as i like the CSC, (which i do) Pre Season does have its benefits - even if we had to have it as group stage then SF and the final

62vintage

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2011, 11:11:30 AM »

I do wish some of you lot would stop whinging. We are in the semi final of this cup and my son and I will be at the match.
It will be my lad`s first semi and we are really looking forward to it, hopefully we will win and then play the green slime in the final.

bumble

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2011, 11:46:08 AM »

I do wish some of you lot would stop whinging. We are in the semi final of this cup and my son and I will be at the match.
It will be my lad`s first semi and we are really looking forward to it, hopefully we will win and then play the green slime in the final.

so do i....ive never seen us play vics

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2011, 12:19:50 PM »

I dont' like paying £10 to see this type of game either, but I will be there anyway. It's about supporting the club. Unfortunately our home support of 750 people is one reason why we struggle to compete
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2011, 02:53:48 PM »

I dont' like paying £10 to see this type of game either, but I will be there anyway. It's about supporting the club. Unfortunately our home support of 750 people is one reason why we struggle to compete

I have to agree with Mick on this one... the more who support these games by attending the more money the club can generate plus we do have a good chance of winning a trophy....

Bite the bullet folks and come and watch Alty get into the final and the club makes a few quid in the process

Cmon Alty

Butty

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2011, 05:06:19 PM »

I reckon if we get to the final.... When they present the trophy at the end we should all shout to the Cheshire FA members (who should be there) to arrange this bloody competition during the pre season.

We could give the players some shirts so they can show their support form the CSC for Summer campaign  ;)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2011, 05:23:36 PM »

[/quote]
Bite the bullet folks and come and watch Alty get into the final and the club makes a few quid in the process
[/quote]

I have no idea what the break even figure is to hold one of these games bearing in mind the "gate" is split but I'd be surprised if we don't make a loss each time. My possible solution would be to introduce a loyalty scheme for fans whereby you get a points tally for attending games, yes I know it requires technology and admin. Points could be collected and redeemed on merchandise or free entry. Games like these could be rated with a much higher points tally than the more attractive fixtures therefore giving an incentive.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2011, 09:56:59 PM »

I have no idea what the break even figure is to hold one of these games bearing in mind the "gate" is split but I'd be surprised if we don't make a loss each time. My possible solution would be to introduce a loyalty scheme for fans whereby you get a points tally for attending games, yes I know it requires technology and admin. Points could be collected and redeemed on merchandise or free entry. Games like these could be rated with a much higher points tally than the more attractive fixtures therefore giving an incentive.

Surely they deduct costs of holding the game before spiting the gate?

And the points system is a good idea, though you could always just print a coupon in the program rather than keeping a record of everyone.

timbo13

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2011, 03:45:34 PM »

As previously mentioned, Alsager registered 22 new players last week. Shame that their first and only chance to play together competitively prior to tomorrow's game was called off due to a waterlogged pitch...

markecky

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2011, 03:51:01 PM »

As previously mentioned, Alsager registered 22 new players last week. Shame that their first and only chance to play together competitively prior to tomorrow's game was called off due to a waterlogged pitch...

They played together last week at Winsford and lost 3-0

bumble

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2011, 03:51:46 PM »

They played together last week at Winsford and lost 3-0

How many of the 22 were involved that day though?

timbo13

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2011, 04:15:47 PM »

Since I set us off on this wild goose chase, I've had a dig around:

Difficult to tell much from the Alsager website, but:

1. Winsford Town site says Alsager named 12 players in their squad for the game.
2. Alsager Town's squad against Winsford appears to have included at least 7 players who are named on the Alsager site as being part of their reserve team squad

That showed me. Looks like a fair number of them will at least have some experience of playing as a unit, albeit at reserve level and previously unable to break into Alsager's Vodkat Premier squad.

george

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »

The main for the club is to get as many fans through the turnstiles to help with balancing the books. COME ON SUPPORT THE CLUB.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSC: Alsager Town