PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham Keeper Shouldve gone!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wrexham Keeper Shouldve gone!  (Read 3909 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham Keeper Shouldve gone!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 04:50:35 PM »

After consultation with a more senior colleague and the Laws of Association Football.

There should not have been a free kick even. Once the Referee was aware of the 'phantom' whistle he should have stopped play and restarted with a drop ball

I think Shaund Densmore agrees with you judging by the 'sporting' nature of the free kick itself!!  ::)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 05:27:04 PM »

I think it's orbiting the earth next to Chrissie Waddles penalty!

robins1978

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 11:13:43 PM »

The keeper did nothing wrong. It was Creighton who picked the ball up outside the area, the keeper only touched the ball inside the area.
What sticks in my mind is how good a chance for Damian it was!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iPKl8nbq64
I was going off what it said on main site. The fact it was a defender and not the goalie is immeterial. As the free kick was given the defender shouldve gone. There's no way reeves was offside as he ran inbetween 2 defenders towards the goal. Shame we didnt make them pay with a better attempt with the free kick. Jammy 2nd goal for them too!

I wasn't criticising you!!

Having said that you can't say it's immaterial, bearing in mind the title you gave to the thread :) :)

I didnt think you were crtisising me. The title of the thread was so as it was on the main site that it was the keeper who handled the ball. I didnt actually see on the night who handled it and didnt know what the fuss was about until later. I just don't agree that blaming the handball on some prat in the ground is correct. The ref cocked up. If i could change the title of the thread to Creighton (or whatever his name is) shouldve gone then I would. Brasses me off that these reffing errors seem to go against us. Also thought free kick was wasted, and why don't we fekkin shoot when we get in a position to instead of crossing the damn ball to nobody except an oposing players head (RANT OVER)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham Keeper Shouldve gone!