PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Kidderminster Match Thread  (Read 30526 times)

Butty

Re: Kidderminster Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2011, 05:05:49 PM »

For advice on how to react to Smith's red card, see the attatched guide.

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=11687.0

markecky

« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »

I'm not to down.

I feared we may get hammered today in a day when all went right for them.

To go two down, then go to ten men but keep on fighting is a good sign.

Of course points make prizes but all we can ask is that we give our best and I think we did that today by what I am told.

Can't comment really on the sendings off but thank God we have Youngy at least.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2011, 05:16:49 PM »

As as been said not too down about the result but Smith's barmy red card really doesn't help .

Full time and proud of it

62vintage

« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2011, 05:17:54 PM »

From following the posts today I will be suprised if we do not appeal against the first sending off. If we do, would this allow Piergianni to play on Tuesday?

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2011, 05:21:42 PM »

From following the posts today I will be suprised if we do not appeal against the first sending off. If we do, would this allow Piergianni to play on Tuesday?

Doubt there would be enough time?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

taxi Phil

« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2011, 05:30:49 PM »

Self selecting back 4 for Tuesday with the sendings-off and Densmore's injury :

Joseph    Williams    Young     Brown

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2011, 05:31:16 PM »

I believe that we'd need the video to clearly and incontrovertibly prove, without even 1% doubt that the decision was wrong if we were to appeal successfully.

I think we could appeal and the ban would then be deferred until after the appeal date but we then run the risk of additional sanction should the FA consider it 'frivolous'

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2011, 06:41:28 PM »

just back, played well today, ref was not very good.  Smith red card just plain idiocy
Bernard Taylors barmy army

scott tompson

« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2011, 07:08:43 PM »

Incredible game everything you could want from a game.But ref 'SHOCKING'

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2011, 07:48:45 PM »

I believe that we'd need the video to clearly and incontrovertibly prove, without even 1% doubt that the decision was wrong if we were to appeal successfully.

I think we could appeal and the ban would then be deferred until after the appeal date but we then run the risk of additional sanction should the FA consider it 'frivolous'
[/b]

Phil .. Its bloody time some of these referees were videoed because some of them are absolute dross... I have heard the line that they have to learn somewhere etc  but the BSP is not the place.

Forumites on here cannot be wrong all the time, some of them are simply appalling.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2011, 08:18:52 PM »

[/b]

Phil .. Its bloody time some of these referees were videoed because some of them are absolute dross... I have heard the line that they have to learn somewhere etc  but the BSP is not the place.

Forumites on here cannot be wrong all the time, some of them are simply appalling.

Ray

Every Refereeing performance in the BSBP is captured on video. Nobody is saying that this League is the place to learn, it patently isn't

It is understandable that spectators/supporters of any club will pick up on decisions which go against them and this may or may not 'colour' their perception of how capable or otherwise an official may or may not be.

I wasn't at Kiddy today so I cannot comment on any decision made by anyone so I wont but I would venture to suggest that there is nobody anywhere in the world of football, player, manager or official who is entirely faultless.

The higher up the leagues you go the better the officials (honestly) and the less errors they make. As an illustration, it would not be impossible for me to achieve the necessary level to be Assistant Referee at the level we hope not to be playing at next season (BS North)

I can also assure you that poor performance DOES result in demotion. There are two guys who Referee in the BSBP who were removed from the Premiership Line at the end of last season and one who was removed from the Football League middle.

Before I am accused of being one eyed or an apologist, I'm neither. I'm just answering the point you made

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2011, 09:13:21 PM »

Appreciate the answer
Cheers

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2011, 10:23:11 PM »

According to my kiddy supporting mate our midfield woke up in the last 15 minutes, we were looking weak at both fullback positions before that. Never a sending off either. "Piergianni walks, penalty saved, justic done" was the exact text.

Aberystwyth Kiddy is obviously a bright individual Michael..........bang on.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kidderminster Match Thread