PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
  "le sulk "
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: "le sulk "  (Read 27041 times)

Narcissist

Re: "le sulk "
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 01:07:45 PM »

Did Smith really do all that in the sending off?

Elbows, headbutts, mouthing off? Are the alty fans supporting that view of things too?

Butty

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 05:05:04 PM »

If there was a stamp involved, and (some) people feel strongly about it, could we get hold of the dvd? ;)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 05:54:15 PM »

Wait for the offical report is what i say.Thanks Crianza for trying to clear up the abuse bit,sounds like smithie has been a bit of a silly boy ,but as said wait for the offical report.
Harold

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »

Thanks. Good to hear from a Kiddy fan who may have been close by....seems we have been shooting ourselves in the foot on here by reacting to hearsay instead of waiting for the facts
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 08:44:26 PM »

Crianza...any chance you can drag Mr Burr to the FA Appeals Committee to clarify the first sending off  ::)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

crianza

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 12:15:41 AM »

Hi Mick.,

Unfortunately, these panels who review these decisions very seldom reverse them nowadays. They don't like undermining referees, but it is very rare to see clubs appeal decisions these days and that proves that your club feel justified in doing so.

If there is any justice, then it will be rescinded. Most supporters around me and myself, thought that the penalty award was for a handball after the tackle and were gobsmacked when the red card came out. And we thought the card was for a deliberate handball ! As was said at the time, a typical Man United homer.

roytonmike

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 10:40:34 AM »

Unfortunately it has to be said that this is the fourth time I for one have seen Smith 'lose it' on-field this campaign; twice pre-season (at Nantwich & Curzon) and twice recently (at Runcorn & Kiddy). I believed on Saturday that he would deserve any punishment he might get and nothing since has changed my mind on that. If he has any ambitions to play at a higher level than at present it's an area he will have to address urgently - and from our point of view his actions have at the very least landed us with selection problems at a vital stage of the season. I'm afraid I find it difficult to drum up any sympathy for him. 

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 01:01:03 PM »

Smudge got a 2 game ban.

Back for York game ;)

crianza

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2011, 12:19:58 AM »

Don't know if you guys are aware of this, but according to the FA website, on the 17th February, James Smith was charged under rule E3 with improper conduct with reference to colour / race. He has until the 22nd to respond to the charge.

Seems the referee may have heard something after all ? Very sad if a lengthy ban is imposed as there was some initial provocation from Matt in the first instance, although the alleged behaviour cannot be condoned.

taxi Phil

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2011, 12:34:48 AM »

Don't know if you guys are aware of this, but according to the FA website, on the 17th February, James Smith was charged under rule E3 with improper conduct with reference to colour / race. He has until the 22nd to respond to the charge.

Seems the referee may have heard something after all ? Very sad if a lengthy ban is imposed as there was some initial provocation from Matt in the first instance, although the alleged behaviour cannot be condoned.
Thanks Crianza, this one had passed us by (I really must start reading the FA website !). Any ideas on the potential punishment if this is proven, anyone ?

bighairedmike

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2011, 01:04:45 AM »

Can't answer your question Phil, however here is the link to the website, courtesy of my Kiddy supporting mate... ;-)

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2010/DiscAug1011

Also, here is a video including the Piergianni dismissal, and this just proves what a complete balls up by the referee it actually was.

http://www.harriers.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10438~2296104,00.html#

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 09:36:49 AM »

does this mean if found guilty smith will miss the york game ? greg already out we could be struggling.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
  "le sulk "