PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The whole Crawley situation
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The whole Crawley situation  (Read 10104 times)

taxi Phil

Re: The whole Crawley situation
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2011, 09:19:38 PM »

Just to prove that I can take a piece of humble pie. Crawley played well yesterday and Evans didnt make a knob of himself to be fair.

A mere technicality - Evans IS a knob, he simply kept it under wraps unusually well.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2011, 09:48:25 PM »

Just to prove that I can take a piece of humble pie. Crawley played well yesterday and Evans didnt make a knob of himself to be fair.

A mere technicality - Evans IS a knob, he simply kept it under wraps unusually well.

and Brodie stayed upright longer than normal too!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2011, 10:14:01 PM »

Ever tried to have a conversation with a crawley fan ? Just tried whilst at petrol station- 50yr + fan decked in his sun sponsored strip “bet you're  excited about today, great day for the fans” reply with no expression “yeah” “ here's a contrast for you I'm on way to watch alty” “ yeah” conversation dead! Well all week I've been saying despite what's gone on behind the scenes what a great day for their fans - well I hope they have their 15mins of fame fly into the league and then implode and take their rude, monosalamic fans with you. I for one would rather support a team with history and true fans that enjoy football fully.

To be fair, not something I feel very easy with when it comes to Crawley, he probably wasn't an actual Crawley fan. There were apparently 9000 of them at OT and how many of those are regulars? The sun sponsored shirt may have been a bit of a giveaway to both the part-time and neanderthal nature of the wearer.

All that being said, Steve Evans is and always will be a classless, bigoted criminal of dubious sexuality (dodgy hair apart, is it just me or does he look like he's wearing eye-shadow?).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2011, 11:24:36 PM »

To be fair, when interviewed, some of the Crawley lot admitted to being supporters of London Premiership clubs, but travelled to support their home club for one game
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2011, 11:29:56 PM »

If we drew (say) Newcastle at home it would be no different, capacity crowd...with plenty of old faces that never attend anymore + many more normally seen wearing Utd / City shirts in town on Saturdays
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The whole Crawley situation