* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 COLY??

Author Topic: COLY??  (Read 4464 times)

ALTYGAL

COLY??
« on: February 20, 2011, 05:39:49 PM »

What's happened to Mohammed Coly - is he still with us?

Also anyone know how Doherty and Kearney are getting on with their respective  recoveries?

RocketDan

Re: COLY??
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »

did anyone ever get to the bottom of what happened to Matt Doughty?

markecky

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 07:59:10 PM »

did anyone ever get to the bottom of what happened to Matt Doughty?

Don't think anything really happened with him.  Putting together the bits I know...obviously the club paid for all the treatment and rehab and stuff last season.

They obviously weren't going to offer a new contract to him before seeing how he was when he came back.

When he was at a game the other month he apparently said he felt like he was a long way off being ready for the Conference, hence the spells at Nantwich etc.

This was confirmed by a Nantwich fan on here who said he was well off the pace for them.

Currently at Witton, not sure how he is doing there.

I would guess the door is always open for him but its a long road back to this level.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 10:17:27 PM »

Scored a penalty for Witton the other week. I think that it was always going to be to write him off for this season. After such a serious injury, he needs a few months to get back up to match practice, and in his first season with us, due to him not having a proper pre-season, he wasn't fully match fit and a decent Conference player until the New Year.

I would definitely invite him back in the summer, and if the terms are right for both player and club, have him back. Until Piergainnis arrival, we have looked extremely weak on the left. Part of this was down to Clee having to drop deeper to cover, whilst last season you had him dribbling the ball, with Doughty well positioned behind or overlapping him so he could put the cross in.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 10:19:21 PM »

and any news on Kearney?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 11:44:44 PM »

I saw Matt Doughty play for Witton at Chorley a couple of weeks ago.I hardly noticed him for an hour but he did quite well in the final half hour of that game.

I would be very surprised to see him back at Moss Lane this season, but maybe he will be invited down for pre-season training in July.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 COLY??