PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFCW match thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: AFCW match thread  (Read 36455 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: AFCW match thread
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2011, 05:11:27 PM »

lets not start the goalkeeper debate again.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2011, 05:51:21 PM »

Looking at the stats on ESPN. Okay you can't trust the stats but AFC Wimbledon concede 11 fouls, Alty concede 11 fouls. Total cautions AFC Wimbledon 1 Alty 6(including Connors 2 cautions). Were our fouls more reckless than Wimbledon's fouls?
They really should be beating teams like us

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2011, 10:46:01 PM »

Dootson wasn't to blame for any of the goals.

The referee was decent, all our cautions were probably warranted.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Ray

« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2011, 11:07:04 PM »

This one deserved a straight red

http://wdon.com/media/tv/card.jpg

one of the other 'tackles' disclocated the shoulder of our centre half.

markecky

« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2011, 11:10:13 PM »

This one deserved a straight red

http://wdon.com/media/tv/card.jpg

one of the other 'tackles' disclocated the shoulder of our centre half.

If you freeze frame many tackles they would look terrible.  We are not a dirty team at all.

As as for a tackle dislocating a shoulder it was either the highest recorded tackle in history of the bloke has been fouled and fallen awkwardly.

I doubt our player thought "I'll dislocate this blokes shoulder"

bumble

« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2011, 11:12:48 PM »

Just home - coach was late picking us up :|

4-1 wasnt a fair score line IMo - twiss' card wasn't warranted - and I wish he did tackles like that more - just a solid tackle 50/50 ball

The sending off - the tackle was a fk maybe just a booking but unlucky - though our defence actually played well , the first goal was offside - the fourth we were unlucky to concede

Thought carl played well again - one moment stood out where he had 4 running at him in a counter, no panicking or fouling and cleared it
-positives - we caused problems for them , we looked a side capable of staying up , and unlike previous games we looked threatening from our corners

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2011, 04:53:47 AM »

Peake for bumble  ;)

Like he says though, I thought 4-1 was a harsh result. We appealed for offisde, but none of the players did, so that is a good sign that he was onside and it was a legitimate goal. 2nd we let them walk through, 3rd was a good run by Kedwell,taking on 2 players before turning it in. Our goal was weird, as we actually scored from a corner!!!! Then the 4th, Clee crosses a man later IMO, they counter,and the shot hits Piergainni.

We had periods in the game. Twiss was tugged in the area, and there was no doubt in my mind if that was outside the area it was a free kick.

Overall, we gave a good account of ourselves, and a lot of Wimbledon fans I spoke to after the game said they would be surprised if we went down. But good performances count for nowt.4 points minimum are needed against Gateshead and Barrow, and I see no reason why we can't

COME ON ALTY!!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

andrewflynn

« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2011, 10:36:51 AM »

I think York were better than Wimbledon were, Wimbledon just had an in form Kedwell upfront. Without him I reckon we could have got a point because none of their other players looked remotely threatening and on a whole we didn't deal with them badly and pushed forward for large parts of the second half.

Connor's dismissal, in my opinion, was unjust. His second yellow was definitely a booking but the challenge for his first was never in a million years a yellow card. Neither, for that matter, were Young or Piergianni's.

If I'm honest I didn't see whether the first was offside or not, but from where we were all stood it was bang in line with the line our defence was holding and the majority of our lot were livid so I joined in with the heckling of the liner regardless.

It's all little things really though in a game we were always going to struggle in, the bigger test is bouncing back and getting at Gateshead on Saturday. There's no time to dwell lads keep your heads up and keep putting the effort in because it's still completely in our hands.

bighairedmike

« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2011, 11:54:26 AM »

I think York were better than Wimbledon were, Wimbledon just had an in form Kedwell upfront. Without him I reckon we could have got a point because none of their other players looked remotely threatening and on a whole we didn't deal with them badly and pushed forward for large parts of the second half.

Connor's dismissal, in my opinion, was unjust. His second yellow was definitely a booking but the challenge for his first was never in a million years a yellow card. Neither, for that matter, were Young or Piergianni's.

If I'm honest I didn't see whether the first was offside or not, but from where we were all stood it was bang in line with the line our defence was holding and the majority of our lot were livid so I joined in with the heckling of the liner regardless.

It's all little things really though in a game we were always going to struggle in, the bigger test is bouncing back and getting at Gateshead on Saturday. There's no time to dwell lads keep your heads up and keep putting the effort in because it's still completely in our hands.

That is one of my favourite lines to have been read on this forum.  ;D

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2011, 12:31:36 PM »

AFC were just very efficient. There was no room for us to play, the midfield and defence was constantly pressured when in possession.

If we were going to create a chance we would have had to make 10-15 good passes and we're just not good enough to do that.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2011, 02:45:31 PM »

Not a terrible performance and a game where we could have got something, in a funny way, but they took their chances very well and it was comfortable for them in the end.

Connors' sending off was idiotic. To put in a challenge like that at 3-1 down and when on a yellow card was absolutely ridiculous - it was a borderline straight red. A number of our players seem to lose their heads again - something that's crept in this season which I haven't seen in recent years. I am staggered that anyone could question Twiss's yellow card - it was a dreadful and petty late challenge. I agree with Jimmy H that the ref was perfectly fine.

I thought the first goal was probably onside but would need to see a replay to be sure. The second was definitely onside: Piergianni played Kedwell on. Carl's positioning was bad throughout in those situations - the left wing-back should not be the last man in defence.

I also half wonder whether Dootson was right to rush out for the first two goals: he made Kedwell's mind up for him and the two finishes were simple side-foots. If he'd stayed on the six yard line, it would have at least forced Kedwell to go for a bit more power.

Oh and yet again, in a brief sub appearance, Danylyk played with composure and good sense. What McKenna has against him I cannot imagine - I'd have him in the team every time.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 02:53:42 PM by Leon »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2011, 05:14:42 PM »

wimbledon are a good honest club,i for one wish them well and do not hold the 4-1 defeat against them.wish there was more clubs around like them.
Harold

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2011, 06:15:26 PM »

wimbledon are a good honest club,i for one wish them well and do not hold the 4-1 defeat against them.wish there was more clubs around like them.

Agree to a certain extent having been there many times over the years but they have a significant element of one-eyed supporters who take every decision against them as some kind of personal affront. They abuse referees routinely and seemingly expect everything to go their own way otherwise the toys are chucked out of the pram. Additionally their latest match arrangements are not exactly away fan friendly, we now get a corner of the side terrace with an impeded view as the stand is tiny and the steps shallow, and for Christ's know's why you need to get a ticket to get in if you arrive 30 seconds after kick off, for which you have to circumnavigate the ground and go in the bar of all places to obtain one, then return to where you were first directed to find the segregation is bollocks and their fans come and go between you as they please. Why on earth do you need a ticket for a pay on the gate non league game? Big club maybe. Professional outfit, I don't think so.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2011, 07:44:03 PM »

How injured is Denham as well?

He's very injured!
Possibly back for the last few games of the season.........at best.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2011, 07:47:10 PM »

How many goals has Dootson let in now?

My estimate would be about 750.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFCW match thread