News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This is a excellent suggestion but?

Author Topic: This is a excellent suggestion but?  (Read 3249 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 07, 2007, 01:36:55 PM »

Travel to an away match on the team coach.

Altrincham FC have very generously offered the opportunity for one fan to travel to either the Weymouth game on Saturday 10 March or the Dagenham & Redbridge game on Saturday 14 April as guests of the club.

The package includes travel on the team coach on the Friday evening, overnight accommodation, breakfast, pre-match lunch, access to the boardroom and to watch the match from the directors’ seats plus a signed Altrincham FC shirt.

STAR is inviting fans to offer bids for the package by contacting Derek Wilshaw at the club on 0161 928 1045 or via e-mail: to Derek Wilshaw.

Geoff Goodwin has started the ball rolling with a bid of £150.00. If bidding reaches a high enough level the club are happy for one supporter to travel with the team to each of the Weymouth and Dagenham & Redbridge games.

All bids must be submitted to Derek by Wednesday 28 February

I can't help thinking with the first bid of £150 is way beyond most fans means, Could we not have a bid for one of the matches and do a raffle for the other say at £5 a ticket at a home match. This is not knocking this excellent gesture.
Thoughts anyone?
@AltyDaz

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: This is a excellent suggestion but?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 07:13:57 PM »

I agree totally.

I know that the Club is always looking to raise income but the policy of doing things primarily by auction excludes many if not the majority of our supporters who can only really afford to go to the game, buy a programme and a pint and go home.

I feel sure that the people who would doubtless be amongst the possible winners of any such auction are well aware of how valuable their contributions are to the Club but I am also convinced that they would not begrudge someone with less disposable income but who is just as valid and important a supporter having the chance to avail themselves of this opportunity.

Maybe (slightly off the wall I know) STAR could secure one of the places on offer and raffle it amongst its members?

Alty Rock God

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 08:44:59 PM »

A raffle, or similar, would be a great idea.  There's no way I could even afford 150 quid (after bills and booze have come out of my pay cheque  ;)), even on the wages of a God of Rock.

Bath Alty

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 06:54:52 PM »

It's no use to me from here (Bath) but why not start a raffle fund on here - then make a collective bid on behalf of the forum members, a popular raffle should out bid most individuals?

Ashley Alty

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 10:30:36 AM »

Bit confused by what you're suggesting, Bath Alty?  Any raffle organised by anyone, other than those held just at a particular event, eg. a presentation night, has to have a licence from the local authority.  I suppose I'm asking whether you're confusing a raffle(selling tickets for a value as stated on the ticket)  with a collective bid in the auction?

markecky

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 10:58:46 AM »

I reckon you're looking at ten years for that one Bath Alty....maybe eight for good behaviour.

Trouserpress

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 02:48:44 PM »

bit narky that aint it ecky?

Or perhaps youd ratther people got into bovver

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 08:57:24 PM »

When this idea was raised at last Monday's Fans' Forum, I could have sworn that it was decided that a raffle was the best way of handling the proposal.

Why has it now become yet another auction that will inevitably preclude the majority of Alty supporters from having a chance of winning?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Bath Alty

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 11:19:41 PM »

A reply which wasn't taken as "narky" in any way - just in case that needed saying
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team