PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Newport Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Newport Match Thread  (Read 37636 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Newport Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2011, 05:16:31 PM »

we havent had back to back home wins all season so 6 points is a very tough ask ,even getting 4 will be tough

Bath Alty

« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2011, 05:17:48 PM »

I suppose we have more chance of staying up than Stockport do.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2011, 05:20:03 PM »

I suppose we have more chance of staying up than Stockport do.

thats true they need a miracle like us they can't put a run together

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2011, 05:21:41 PM »

People keep talking about the AGM and maybe people will say I am not a true supporter for this but...

I'd rather go down than be reprieved. any more and we will fast be becoming a fkn joke of a team, so really I would rather see us go down win some bloody games rebuild and then come up again having earned it.

agreed

bigcol

« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2011, 05:24:12 PM »

The beginning of the end was Barrow. Not today.

Be proud of what we've done - 6 years being the annoying little club taking points of teams who 'should be beating teams like us'.

Let's not get all Dave Pace about this and talk about the maths: nothing is going right - form, injuries, other results. As much as we'd like it to be different, we can't stay up unless we win games, and that doesn't look likely and certainly not in the quantity required.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2011, 05:24:38 PM »

I'm off to consume copious amounts of drugs and drink
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

markecky

« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2011, 05:26:04 PM »

If we can beat FGR we will beat Tamworth...the issue is that FGR will be half decent.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2011, 05:39:22 PM »

Time to try and stay positive (hard I know) and see how we do against FGR before throwing the towel in....not many are turning up at ML as it is....that may help for a start
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2011, 05:45:16 PM »

Agree Mick.

I can't believe we haven't had a "thats it for me I'm never going again" post yet.

Its those one that hurt me the most when I think of the hard work people do just to keep us alive each week.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2011, 05:45:44 PM »

Well that was pretty desperate stuff. If the game could have ended at 3:01pm then we'd have been alright.Newport had us under the cosh for the vast majority of the game and we created very little. I hate to say it but the reality is were just not good enough. Well done the 53 in the away end, good vocal support which was sadly not mirrored by efforts on the pitch. We appear to be ending our stay back in the Conference proper with a whimper.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2011, 08:31:17 PM »

Then again he says that League of Wales is a good standard, in English terms Unibond Prem at best!!!
more like West Cheshire standard.
They really should be beating teams like us

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2011, 11:43:44 AM »

Not that much to say about the game yesterday really. I thought most of our players put in a fair shift but we're just not very good - didn't create a single chance after the goal.

I thought Dootson was slightly at fault for the own goal. If he'd come straight out to punch the ball away, he'd have probably got there ahead of Carl but he sort of drifted to the left, waiting to see what would happen. I wouldn't blame Carl, think he had to go for it.
Newport looked a reasonable side and their winner was a fair reflection of a period of sustained pressure in the second half.

Newport's ground is really weird. Two temporary stands behind each goal on the running track and then a pop side and a main stand behind the running track. And this is a relatively new ground. Absoutely bizarre. But the fans we spoke to were nice enough and I must give a special mention to Newport's chairman, who spoke to us as we were getting into the car afterwards and offered to buy us all a drink. A very kind gesture. I wish we'd been in a good enough mood to take him up on it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Newport Match Thread