News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA don't learn their lesson shocker!!

Author Topic: FA don't learn their lesson shocker!!  (Read 5083 times)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« on: February 07, 2007, 10:12:49 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/6339377.stm

Why did they not change the rule after last seasons fiasco.I know every club is aware of it now because of us,but surely as was stated at the time,it would mean the FA compliance department would have to be made 10 times bigger to cope with all transfer queries.

And just to show how crap the FA is,who apparently want a full time manager for the Under 21's,it's come out that Bryan Robson contacted them about taking on the role!!!Add to that shambles of a performance I watched tonight (though Mclaren shouldn't go after just 1/2 a dozen games),and it makes you wonder whether even the tea lady at Soho Square is proud to work for the FA.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Daycare Dan

Re: FA don't learn their lesson shocker!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 10:19:34 PM »

The FA is a joke and as you say have learnt nothing from last season.

What's the money if it happend to Man Yoo, etc the rules would be changed overnight?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
I've said it before ..
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 10:39:08 PM »

I'll say it again..

Not really a technical geek but isn't just about the easiest thing to do on a database making sure you can't double book something.

All players registered at FA, comes to Jermaine Darlingtons international clearance bit 'sorry he is registered with Wales so it won't allow me to process the registration please send in IC form before we proceed' Hey ho, might be a bit of toing and froing but it should be impossible to play, not possible and then sanctions.

Altho here someone has f**ked up (albeit with a wank rule) rather than last year where there was a clear element of deciet from Accy.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 12:38:20 AM »

The problem of unfairness is also exacerbated by the fact that the level of punishment is entirely dependent on how long it takes for the mistake to be discovered.

Two teams can both field a player without international clearance, the first team may do so knowingly the second team not. The first team are picked up on this immediately as the player leaves the country after playing just one game, the second team are not so lucky however and their player has played half a season before it is discovered he is ineligible.

Both have committed the same 'crime' indeed one is probably more culpable than the other, however despite the crime being exactly the same the two punishments are radically different.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 07:40:54 AM »

The rule is a FIFA one that The FA have to apply. It is to stop players serving bans or already registered overseas signingfor other clubs. (Pease correct me if i'm wrong in this.)

The rule should be amended so that if it turns out that the player was not under a ban and not still registered, the punishment is merely a fine for not handling the paperwork properly. To punish a club with a points deduction when there was really nothing to stop the player playing for his new club (a la Robinson) is just madness.

As an aside, if Wimbledon took this player straight from a Welsh club then they were a bit naiive. As came out in the Robinson affair, GH was fully aware that players moving between, say, Altrincham and Colwyn Bay would need an ITC, just not Accy to Alty.

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 09:07:11 AM »

Went to OT last night for the trade descriptions crime offering itself as an international footballl match.

Every time the FA were mentioned and when the FA came out to meet the players they were roundly booed by the crowd.

Just to digress from the argument on here, we now have an England manager who decides to have a look at Phil Neville at left back....he must have missd Phil's performances in the euro 2000....or maybe he felt after 7 years this right footed player who has been playing on the right for Everton has improved at left back? Gary Scott is a better left back than phil neville.

I went to OT with my Godson and my best mate....we had all gone at Xmas to watch Stalybridge 3 Alfreton 2 and we had gone to watch the Alty V Weymouth match followed by that shambles against macedonia (both 0-0).

We all firmly agree that the non league matches proved far better entertainment for a fith of the cost of the internationals.

womble

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 10:31:05 AM »

The player was Jermaine Darlington ( he played for Wimbledon FC in a past life). He had retired due to injury at the end of last season (his last team was Cardiff FC in the English League) and then came along to get fit at our training sessions and did better than he expected so we gave him a place in the team. He didn't have a current club and it wasn't a transfer from anyone as he had retired and not played for 6 months. The form was a bit confusing too and didn't make it clear you still needed ITC for up to 30 months after a player has left his previous country and so it was overlooked - but still it was our fault for overlooking it.

A punishment would have been fair enough - we were thrown out of the FA Trophy and although gutting it was inevitable. However 18 points for not ticking the right box by mistake. And when we needed it it only took about 4 hours to get. Ironically if he had been a dirty player and been booked earlier we would have been found out then and the penalty would have been less.

I don't suppose you need telling but it is bloody stupid that you get only 8 points for match fixing but 18 for a minor admin error. Oh and the Ryman's decided to fine us as well - presumably they thought 18 points and  paying the costs of the hearing wasn't a big enough punishment so just to show that they agreed with it and it wasn't because they had no choice, they gave us a £400 fine too. Did the conference fine you as well?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 10:34:36 AM by womble »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 10:46:54 AM »

Yes they saw fit to throw in a £1000 fine too.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

womble

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 11:34:54 AM »

God's sake - insulting to f**king injury. BTW - this is one of our fanzines take on the matter - might ring a few bells (you even get a mention). Funny but extreme language warning  http://www.sw19s-army.co.uk/news.htm

Ashley Alty

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 11:55:04 AM »

The transfer window fiasco is also a FIFA Rule which the FA have to impose - lobby FIFA I say   >:(

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »

I genuinely do not understand how the transfer window system can be allowed under restraint of trade, you can't limit the number of foreign players under European law but if a player wants to move from one club to another after January 31st to earn a living he isn't allowed to? WTF?

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 05:16:16 PM »

The problem of unfairness is also exacerbated by the fact

Jimmy, what does exacerbated mean??  ;) cheers :)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 05:18:25 PM »

Made worse by. Bloody students and all their big words. ;)

Altyant

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 08:09:32 PM »

I think that being thrown out of the trophy makes it even worse for them.

It will be interesting to see what happens at West Ham wth the issue of the registrations of Tevez and Mascherano.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team