News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "Robins in Cheshire Cup Final Boost"

Author Topic: "Robins in Cheshire Cup Final Boost"  (Read 5546 times)

markecky

« on: March 19, 2011, 10:26:52 AM »

From the MEN:

"Altrincham have received further good news this week following on from the resigning of cult studenty type striker Dale Johnson.  Northwich Victoria, their opponents in the Cheshire Cup Final, have loaned out John "the goals" McAliskey to Matlock Town.  McAliskey, who was 1/3 on with local bookmakers to scramble the first goal, will spend the rest of season with the Derbyshire side."

taxi Phil

Re: "Robins in Cheshire Cup Final Boost"
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 10:26:17 PM »

Robbie Williams will sleep more easily now  ;D

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »

Their Cup Final must be playing on their minds because in the last week they have lost to the mighty Chasetown and Stocksbridge Park Steels. With all due respect they should be beating teams like that.
They really should be beating teams like us

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 10:58:10 PM »

Their Cup Final must be playing on their minds because in the last week they have lost to the mighty Chasetown and Stocksbridge Park Steels. With all due respect they should be beating teams like that.
I can excuse them Chasetown, who are likely to finish above them, and made the last 8 of the Trophy. Steels, on the other hand................

And I had to laugh when I read in the NLP that Matlock's manager had honoured his promise to strengthen the squad with the loan signing of John McAliskey. If THAT qualifies as strengthening their squad, what in the name of all things holy are the rest of 'em like ?

Graham

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 12:45:54 PM »

in the last week they have lost to the mighty Chasetown and Stocksbridge Park Steels. With all due respect they should be beating teams like that.

Having witnessed those two games no we shouldn't... ;D

vic

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 12:52:02 PM »

What i don't understand is why they didn't toss a coin to have the game played at yours or ours, You will have more than us at Nantwich but don't think either of us will have that many.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 01:37:04 PM »

What i don't understand is why they didn't toss a coin to have the game played at yours or ours, You will have more than us at Nantwich but don't think either of us will have that many.

Have to agree, it is an idiotic choice of venue and I'll be surprised if there are more than 500 there.

Wincham Park would have been ideal.
Come on Alty!

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 02:43:21 PM »

Out of interest how many do people think we will take? I'd like to think there will be some form of atmosphere considering it's Northwich, it's a cup final at the end of the day!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »

We would have had 500 at witton,we will have about 200 tops at nantwich,its nearer wolverhampton than it is to alty.Rumour has it the cheshire FA suit thought the catering at witton wasnt up to scratch on the last two occasions it was hosted there.Thats not a throw away comment either.Witton was the obvious choice,this is just the latest nail in the coffin of the csc....

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 04:02:01 PM »

One good thing is that its not far from our house  ;)

Wherever it is we should all make our feelings known at the presentation that the bloody thing should be played in pre season
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team