PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FOREST GREEN ROVERS AWAY - Planes, Trains, Coaches and Automobiles
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: FOREST GREEN ROVERS AWAY - Planes, Trains, Coaches and Automobiles  (Read 21905 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Calling all Alty fans in or around that London.

The gumpers away on Saturday April 09, a six pointer if ever there was one and a chance to heckle Colin Peake too, not to be missed.

A few of us shall be getting the train from Paddington to Stroud that day, get in now and its a £25 return for an adult or less if you are a stewdent (hello Jimmy Hill).

The 10:15 from Paddington gets you into Stroud for 11:45 and from there we have a decent pub lined up pre game. Nailsworth and the ground is about 4 miles away or a tenner or so in a taxi. We are getting the 6:32 back into London at 814.

Never forget or forgive....

http://ftgotg.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 12:59:30 PM by markecky »

markecky

Re: FGR Away - Planes, Trains and Automobiles
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 07:51:20 PM »

Myself and Pierre Hughes were discussing this game before.

I hoped that the London lads would be coming to this one.  We could take a legion there if we can take the fight that far.  Great news.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »

Considering how important this game might be,you would hope at least two coach loads and all southern exiles (eastern or western) will make there way to FGR on apr 9th, Id be disappointed if we had less than 200 in attendance.The players would be given huge a boost to see that seated away end at FGR packed out with alty fans.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:01:38 PM »

A massive game, I could simply not imagine being anywhere else that afternoon.

Any Southern Exiles who wish to PM me feel free to do that instead, essential that as many of us who can do make it there.

I'll always remember the first game we played them post the 18 points affair at their place on a Tuesday night. There were only about 80 of us there but the pasion and support we showed that night for the team was something else, we need more of that on the 9th.

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 08:05:58 PM »

I've just looked into this. Two singles works out cheaper for me, might be worth everyone checking that. Harpenden to Stroud, changing at Paddington, works out at £16.50 return (i.e. single each way). Not sure if I'm working that day but might book the bugger anyway to take advantage of the cheap fare while it lasts.

I would love it if we beat them.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 08:12:41 PM »

We need to try and build this up as "the" away game.Lots of clubs have a fixture each season thats not a derby match where they take a very large away following as a designated fixture where everyone goes to.This 'could' be our last southern away league fixture for some time.That away end holds around 500,lets get as many fans as possible,even those that dont usually do the away games,getting themselves to fgr for this vital fixture,a full away end could give us a goal headstart!

saffendalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 08:34:25 PM »

i"m up for this,just confirm the train and i will be on it with a large carry out!!!!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 08:38:44 PM »

Morecambe got a company to sponsor away travel to barnet on saturday for their must win game at underhill,meaning FIVE coachloads of supporters were given free travel to the game,which they happened to win 1-2 pretty much assuring their place in the football league

bumble

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 08:43:43 PM »

Morecambe got a company to sponsor away travel to barnet on saturday for their must win game at underhill,meaning FIVE coachloads of supporters were given free travel to the game,which they happened to win 1-2 pretty much assuring their place in the football league

I was lead to believe that the club paid for them?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 08:53:46 PM »

Possibly it was the club.We couldnt expect the club to pay for coaches but it would be interesting to see if we could get a sponsor to underwrite the cost of a fleet of coaches.It would be very good publicity for them!

markecky

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 08:58:16 PM »

The club, the directors and the players paid for them according to the football league show.

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 09:20:52 PM »

Already booked the day off work for it

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 09:33:46 PM »

Would have liked to go to this game but I already know I'll be working that weekend.  :(

I just hope we go there and get something. How amazing would it be to beat them on their own patch and take a big stride towards safety!
Come on Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 10:08:20 PM »

Possibly it was the club.We couldnt expect the club to pay for coaches but it would be interesting to see if we could get a sponsor to underwrite the cost of a fleet of coaches.It would be very good publicity for them!
Oh Mr. Goodwin, where are you when we need you?!

To be honest if we could get that kind of sponsorship in place I'd rather it went on an overnight for the pleyers.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 10:09:43 PM »

As much as I fkn detest that souless ground on the hill, I will be making the trip to Nailsworth.

Please dont balls this game up lads get us 3 points....

Cmon Alty
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FOREST GREEN ROVERS AWAY - Planes, Trains, Coaches and Automobiles