PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FOREST GREEN ROVERS AWAY - Planes, Trains, Coaches and Automobiles
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: FOREST GREEN ROVERS AWAY - Planes, Trains, Coaches and Automobiles  (Read 21935 times)

markecky

Re: FGR Away - Planes, Trains and Automobiles
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 12:10:35 AM »

I remember that night well.  Didnt we equalise late on through someone odd like Keiran Lugsden?  I remember celebrating like it was a world cup win...

It was the Alty hardcore v Coiln Peake. 

Didn't we have loads of police dogs at the end waiting for us?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 12:17:46 AM »

I remember that night well.  Didnt we equalise late on through someone odd like Keiran Lugsden?  I remember celebrating like it was a world cup win...

Quote from John Laidlar:

"Alty.....staged a fine comeback in the second half after trailing 2-0 at the interval and having manager Graham Heathcote sent off for alleged "sarcasm".

Tremendous stuff!

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/060919fs.htm

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 12:42:44 AM »

Yeah, I well recall Ecky that Gloucestershire's finest were present in full Robocop gear along with a load of specially imported for one night only Swindon Town stewards. Also the night of JTH's infamous heckle to Jim Harvey that is still brought up every time we see him. The thing is you could actually see the looks of fear on their fans behind the goal as we vented our spleen. A very bizarre atmosphere for a midweek Alty away day in the south!

bighairedmike

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 02:14:37 AM »

I wasn't there that night but remember getting texts and phonecall updates from "The Duke" and Daycare Dan. Both of which have a rather amusing story of Swaying Dave and the very same police dogs. As I wasn't there I wont ruin it and I'll let them do it justice.

I think it was Kieran Lugsden that scored that equaliser but I thought it was earlier on in the game, around the hour mark? I seem to remember a very late goal away at Grays from Kieran though, could be that that you're thinking of?

Alex

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 03:14:01 AM »

I wasn't there that night but remember getting texts and phonecall updates from "The Duke" and Daycare Dan. Both of which have a rather amusing story of Swaying Dave and the very same police dogs. As I wasn't there I wont ruin it and I'll let them do it justice.

I think it was Kieran Lugsden that scored that equaliser but I thought it was earlier on in the game, around the hour mark? I seem to remember a very late goal away at Grays from Kieran though, could be that that you're thinking of?

Having just re-watched my match DVD of this game i can confim it was Mr Lugsden with the equaliser around the 70 minuet mark. and it was a make shift squad as we had a lot of players out.

As for swaying he had two classic moments during this game, one at half time as the camera follows the ref towards the tunnel he is followed by many alty fans who have several choice words for him followed by swaying attemping to lurch forward over the barrier to grab the ref but he misses and it looks hillarious and if you know swayin' you will understand the hillarity of it.

as for the dog lets just say he thought it was a nice friendly dog and went to say hello and had he been a touch slower....

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2011, 07:24:12 AM »

That looks like our very own Hugh all bearded up, just about outside my work. Has he hitched from Stuttgart?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2011, 09:52:39 AM »

That looks like our very own Hugh all bearded up, just about outside my work. Has he hitched from Stuttgart?

LOL, actually it does....the dog's only after his beans
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2011, 01:02:37 AM »

I'll always remember the first game we played them post the 18 points affair at their place on a Tuesday night. There were only about 80 of us there but the pasion and support we showed that night for the team was something else, we need more of that on the 9th.

Neither will I, after all it was quoted in my divorce, still we came back from two down.....

Sacrifice for the Alty.

Schoolboy error there. Travelling from London to Nailsworth on a Tuesday night in September, when we could barely raise a team, was always going to be cited as 'unreasonable behaviour'.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2011, 03:10:36 PM »

I'll always remember the first game we played them post the 18 points affair at their place on a Tuesday night. There were only about 80 of us there but the pasion and support we showed that night for the team was something else, we need more of that on the 9th.

Neither will I, after all it was quoted in my divorce, still we came back from two down.....

Sacrifice for the Alty.

Schoolboy error there. Travelling from London to Nailsworth on a Tuesday night in September, when we could barely raise a team, was always going to be cited as 'unreasonable behaviour'.

Especially when I was supposed to be at Stansted picking up my Mother-in-Law.......still the trains were running.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:45:55 AM by RockyRobin »

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2011, 11:39:53 PM »

Sacrifice for the Alty.

Especially when I supposed to be at Stansted picking up my Mother-in-Law.......still the trains were running.

You made a wise choice!

markecky

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2011, 11:13:37 AM »

This has to be one of those matches where people who never go to away games go.  Like Droyslden away that year.

Now I know its not a bus ride away and times are very tight but I hope we can get 200 down there at least.

Sell stuff on ebay..buy Tesco value food that week...get the bike out of the shed to save petrol.  Do everything you can to get there.

All packed in behind the goal could just be one of the best away days since yesterday!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2011, 12:08:23 PM »

Agreed lets get down to Nailsworth and cheer the lads on... As I always say it is a fkn souless place so lets go down there on mass and breathe some life into the god forsaken sh*t hole and work one right up the fools on the hill ...........

Cmmmmoooooooooonnnnnnn   You know you want to
Tell the wifey your working... She will understand  :D

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »

I'm in.

Let's hope we keep up the good form, for once can we go on one of those incredible runs that the other teams all seem to do when we are down amongst the dead men.

Yesterday's win at Darlo will have had a few people bemused down at the bottom, keep em out Alty!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »

Don't forget to take the meat products!

chris888

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2011, 12:13:21 PM »

consider the evening booked off at work, not been able to get to away games recently because of my job, however, i am intending on 'going to a family wedding' on this day.. i shall be at forest green.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FOREST GREEN ROVERS AWAY - Planes, Trains, Coaches and Automobiles