News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 why does lewis need a rest?

Author Topic: why does lewis need a rest?  (Read 2426 times)

jill06

« on: February 08, 2007, 03:21:43 PM »

i have come accross a few posts on the forum of late that lewis chalmers needs a rest. why?
i personally think lewis has played excellent and deserves to be starting. i agree that his performances dipped for a couple of games but he seems to back on track now and is producing some great football.
i dissagree that he is tired and needs a rest, he is 21 years old, if playes need resting it should b the older memebrs of the squad i.e. bandy or val (not that these two have done anything wrong just recognised them as the older players in the squad) i think the performnaces of late have been poor due to squad selection, not becz players are tired. for me, rod thronley has got to start out wide on saturday he has come on and changed the game when played out there. with the right squad selected a think we cud grab 3pts at home on saturday. 

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: why does lewis need a rest?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 12:42:20 AM »

Lewis needs a rest coz the lad is at uni alday doing his sports course, coming to training on thurs ad tue evenings and when your a young lad working your arse off allday and all night your body sustains some fatigue, a rest would replenish his levels and get him going again like he was last year

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 08:24:24 AM »

Ahhh poor lad. He has a hard life  ::)

mrsband

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 09:06:24 AM »

Lewis needs a rest coz the lad is at uni alday doing his sports course, coming to training on thurs ad tue evenings and when your a young lad working your arse off allday and all night your body sustains some fatigue, a rest would replenish his levels and get him going again like he was last year

??? ??? ???

A fit 21yr old lad shouldn't need a 'rest'!! If he is to go on to bigger and better things (which is very likely) will a club in the Championship or similar give him a rest 'cos he's playing every week, and training in between? I don't think so.
Nearly all the players have full time jobs, some harder than others maybe, AND train on a tuesday and thursday too, I'm sure thay would love a rest to replenish their levels, but come Saturday afternoon they have a job to do and they go out and (try to) do it. ;)

However, if a player felt they needed a rest, they could speak to Graham about it. I'd love to be in the room to hear what his reply would be!!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 09:13:44 AM by mrsband »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 01:17:15 PM »

yes a few of them do do(he he do do) hard jobs and i agree but none of them have the work rate of lewis and its lowering, surely that is enpough of a  reason to give the lad a rest
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team