PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's match thread...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Today's match thread...  (Read 106952 times)

markecky

Re: Today's match thread...
« Reply #240 on: March 26, 2011, 10:21:44 PM »

I wonder what Lawton said to the Darlo fan in the grey top at the end, the fan was going mental and offering the team to come and fight them.

It wouldn't have taken much would it.  They were a cross lot weren't they.

They were very inaccurate in their songs.  Town full of smackheads?

Alty is many things but its not really a town full of smackheads.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:28:14 PM by markecky »

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #241 on: March 26, 2011, 10:39:18 PM »

I really must stay away from the forum ... 3rd win brill.

Had to spend the day shifting daughter no 1's stuff from Sale to Notts, then on to Northampton tomorrow.

If I come on Tues and we don't win It'll be al lmy fault!

We can survive... believe!
 Alty 'til I die.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 26, 2011, 11:30:02 PM »

Back home in Shropshire now after a great day out... a massive stadium which was 95% empty... Brilliant support by the Alty fans. (all 101 of them)..  The groundsmen seemed to have a desire to attempt to fkn waterlog the entire edges of the whole pitch both prior to kick off and during half time... I thought the ref was somewhat over officious, however that said a superb 3 points gained that the majority of us probably thought we wouldnt get ....

I have to say I think Kenny Mc's tactic of starting with Twiss up front  with Reeves and then changing to Clee and  Johnson after an hour worked like a dream.  There back four were comfortable in the first half but had to work really hard to cope with Dales close control and Nicky's runs after they came on.. Nice to see Chrissy Senior come on.. Not so nice to see Paul The Tosser Terry returning after injury...  I am convinced that the effort  Dale had  was over the line... On a personal note I thought the Stewards refusal to let us out for a ciggy at half time was churlish at best and the fact they searched the females bags prior to entrance yet didnt even bother with searching the guys was strange to say the least...

The Great Escape is definitely on now and apart from a difficult trip to Grimsby we have the ability and belief that we can win the majority of our remaining fixtures..  One thing that pleased me is the passion and pride shown by all the  players including the loanees during and after the game....

Cant wait until next Tues night when Scouseport come calling.... We owe them one....
Cmon lads keep the run going, Onwards and Upwards.
Cmon The Alty.

taxi Phil

« Reply #243 on: March 27, 2011, 03:10:42 AM »

The groundsmen seemed to have a desire to attempt to fkn waterlog the entire edges of the whole pitch both prior to kick off and during half time.

The Great Escape is definitely on now and apart from a difficult trip to Grimsby.......

I do just wonder if the irrigation was an attempt to clip Nicky Clee's wings (pun definitely intended). If so, that would explain why they repeated the exercise - so it wouldn't have chance to dry out before he came on !

Grimsby ? We've drawn with them at Moss Lane, and Tamworth, one of the worst sides I've seen all season, took 4 points off them this season, coming from two down to draw this afternoon. They don't worry me too much to be honest ! Onwards and ESPECIALLY upwards  :)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2011, 11:00:19 AM »

Great day out and for me coburn man of the match.

I think that you are right Darren......if Stuart hadn't made those saves, we wouldn't have had the opportunity to dominate Darlington in the way that we did in the last 20 minutes.

It wasn't the World Class goalkeeping display that we saw at Rushden......but still made the 'brilliant' category!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 27, 2011, 11:15:50 AM »

That game was dismissed by us as a nil pointer as well, including me!

I am beginning to wonder where we will drop points now!

Nine from three now lads, keep up the good work, see you all Tuesday!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2011, 05:04:23 PM »

Why are you happy about Armenia?

Also more than happy with that result, not sure why Vinnie isn't.

Anyway, more to the point.....GET IN....come on you red and white beauties

He lost cash

lmao....that explains it all
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 27, 2011, 05:11:41 PM »

I am beginning to wonder where we will drop points now!

Yesterday was a fantastic result, but those sort of statements make me shudder......I do hope you are right though
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Altyant

« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2011, 07:19:48 PM »

Brilliant day out and fanstastic result. Tactics were totally spot on.

Not entirely sure why Darlo felt the need to flood the corners it seemed completely bizarre. Brilliant away support as always and it did seem slightly surreal with less than 2000 people in there.

From where I was stood, I couldnt tell if Dales effort was over the line, but from talking to others it defo seemed like it was over the line. Also it looked as if Reeves should have had a penalty in the second half

One of the funnier moments was some little scrote running forward a couple of rows to shout something at Smithy. Once Smithy glared at him, he scurried back to his seat quite quickly.

Fingers crossed it will be 4 wins from 4 on Tuesday. Our home form has been pretty good recently - 11 points from 15. Bring it on :)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2011, 10:02:12 PM »

Not entirely sure why Darlo felt the need to flood the corners it seemed completely bizarre.

Well, if you're game plan is to T**t it up to target men or aim it long and let it settle in the corners and put teams under pressure....
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's match thread...