News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Alty match reports in the Sunday Mirror

Author Topic: No Alty match reports in the Sunday Mirror  (Read 4549 times)

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« on: March 27, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »

Has anyone noticed that in the Sunday Mirror's summary of BSP games, Alty are never mentioned unless they played someone up at the top of the league like Wimbledon, Crawley etc.  Absolutely no mention of the great win yesterday - its the same every week... Alty just don't seem to exist in the eyes of some factions of the sporting press. It mildly annoys me every week. >:( Rant over  :D

Paul

markecky

Re: No Alty match reports in the Sunday Mirror
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »

I'm going to get the NLP in a bit.

I only buy it when we win...so about 8 times a year  :D

Looking forward to Coopers "they were the poorest team we have played..should have been 7-0...etc etc"

bumble

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 12:06:11 PM »

express had the result - Its all that was needed  ;D  - im waiting for tuesday for the advertisers to be dropped at my house :D hopefully we have that celebration picture covering the back page!

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 01:59:52 PM »

The NLP has a letetr from a mansfield fan about the treatment away fans get at tamworth.  worth a read!

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 02:30:02 PM »

The NLP has a letetr from a mansfield fan about the treatment away fans get at tamworth.  worth a read!

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/javaImages/93/9e/0,,10325~6856339,00.jpg
was it the guy in the front row wearing a blue tshirt, complaining that the turnstiles were too small?

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 06:37:24 PM »

I remember watching the DVD of the BSP season review for the 2008/09 season. I worked out that throughout the entire thing, Altrincham's name was mentioned twice, once regarding Cambridge drawing 0-0 against us (on the last day of the season!) and once when showing Michael Welch's goal of the season. The unfortunate truth is that people don't take Altrincham seriously and unless a significant investment is put into the club, they never will.

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 09:55:46 PM »

I remember watching the DVD of the BSP season review for the 2008/09 season. I worked out that throughout the entire thing, Altrincham's name was mentioned twice, once regarding Cambridge drawing 0-0 against us (on the last day of the season!) and once when showing Michael Welch's goal of the season. The unfortunate truth is that people don't take Altrincham seriously and unless a significant investment is put into the club, they never will.

I'd broadly agree with that.  It's a case of people no longer taking us seriously because of the way the Alliance Premier League has grown over the decades into something scarcely imagined all those years ago & we have not been able to keep pace for the past ten years or so.  To re-establish oursleves as worthy of more coverage we have to go out there and earn it: cup runs, FA tropy runs, giant killings and of course play-off spots and championshsips.  How do we get there?  Money...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team