Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty vs Southport Match thread COME ON YOU RRREEEEEDDDDDDSSSSS!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Alty vs Southport Match thread COME ON YOU RRREEEEEDDDDDDSSSSS!!!  (Read 38107 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty vs Southport Match thread COME ON YOU RRREEEEEDDDDDDSSSSS!!!
« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2011, 11:53:13 PM »

The referee absolutely ruined the game - shock! Danylyk was a fool admittedly, but the ref was literally a laughing stock all game, i cannot wait to hear AltyTunnelStewards views on this one, should be funny. The game itself, Connors and Clee immense, Dale up top causing problems all night. If we had 11 men all game we would have won easily, onwards and upwards roll on saturday. Another thing im sure i saw Shaun Densmore having a little warm up before the game, would be a great boost for the run in.

Sorry if I'm not funny S H but here we go.

The Referee and the stand side assistant were poor but poor for both sides.

As has been said before it's a matter of position. Our penalty in all likelihood wasn't and could just as easily have been a FK to Southport for Dale having their guy round the throat (How Mr Joyce could have said that it was the other way round bemuses me)

Anthony sadly was irresponsible in getting his second yellow card. A challenge he probably didn't need to make and (again sadly) an inevitable second yellow.

From what I heard the joseph header was nowhere near over the line although the defender who cleared it was almost entirely so (Only the bit connecting with the ball not being)

The Southport player sent off was unlucky. Earl Davies was very lucky so I suppose they balance out.

I will repeat something I have said before here.

Despite what some people may believe Referees are not dishonest, they do not cheat ANYONE. However, as hasd been proved tonight they are quite capable of a (very) poor performance but aren't we all?

robins1978

« Reply #166 on: March 29, 2011, 11:58:12 PM »

Very frustrating but not surprising.

I think the inner pessimist in all Alty fans thought that four wins on the trot was almost too good to be true and so it proved. If early reports are correct it appears the officials erred massively when failing to award us a second goal at 1-0 when the ball apparently crossed the line. They do that and were 2 up at home at HT and its effectively game over.

Still, with 6 games left and our fate is completely in our own hands, 3 home and 3 away. I wouldn't bank on us taking anything at Fleetwood and Grimsby so I'd suggest we'll need two wins at least out of Cambridge/Newport and Eastbourne at home with the away game at FGR being the six pointer to end all six pointers.
I wouldnt have (and didnt) bank on us getting anything at Darlo - but we got all 3 - so you never know!

RocketDan

« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2011, 12:14:36 AM »

Despite what some people may believe Referees are not dishonest, they do not cheat ANYONE. However, as hasd been proved tonight they are quite capable of a (very) poor performance but aren't we all?

All things considered, I think the officials at this level are ok, especially when you consider it is the 5th tier of football. My only issue is referees trying to balance the game.

For example when it came to giving Davis a 2nd yellow card, you can almost see the ref thinking, "Oh, I gave a soft sending off 10 minutes ago, I can't send another one of their players off"

I do worries about officials who let previous events influence their decision in the present.

robins1978

« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2011, 12:18:09 AM »

The referee absolutely ruined the game - shock! Danylyk was a fool admittedly, but the ref was literally a laughing stock all game, i cannot wait to hear AltyTunnelStewards views on this one, should be funny. The game itself, Connors and Clee immense, Dale up top causing problems all night. If we had 11 men all game we would have won easily, onwards and upwards roll on saturday. Another thing im sure i saw Shaun Densmore having a little warm up before the game, would be a great boost for the run in.

As has been said before it's a matter of position. Our penalty in all likelihood wasn't and could just as easily have been a FK to Southport for Dale having their guy round the throat (How Mr Joyce could have said that it was the other way round bemuses me)

Anthony sadly was irresponsible in getting his second yellow card. A challenge he probably didn't need to make and (again sadly) an inevitable second yellow.

From what I heard the joseph header was nowhere near over the line although the defender who cleared it was almost entirely so (Only the bit connecting with the ball not being)

The Southport player sent off was unlucky. Earl Davies was very lucky so I suppose they balance out.

I will repeat something I have said before here.

The thing is though Phil - Ross Joyce always has a 'bad game' when he refs at moss lane! I ve seen many games at ML over the years and always dread him reffing coz you just know hes gonna make a cock up of it and  its unfair on both teams not just alty. He should hang up his whistle. I did a better job of reffing the under 7's at george's footy training the other week - and im not qualified. Sorry Phil - hes a muppet where reffing is concerned - NO QUESTION. How did both he and  his assistant miss the fact that the ball had gone out for a throw by yards when both benches were saying it had. The look on Joseph's face when he realised hed picked it up and shouldnt will stay with me for a long time, but he shouldve played to the whistle tho! How many 'poor' games does this ref need to have before he's told sorry mate - you cant effin reff. GET YER COAT! No offence to you Phil, as I can see you in some way agree, but you put it in a nicer way than I could.

markecky

« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2011, 12:31:04 AM »

Here is one for you.

I think Ross Joyce referees the game the way an assessor would want to see him referee the game.

For this reason he will be in the league and beyond very soon.

taxi Phil

« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2011, 12:37:49 AM »

Here is one for you.

I think Ross Joyce referees the game the way an assessor would want to see him referee the game.

Don't even start on assessors.

robins1978

« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2011, 12:38:03 AM »

Here is one for you.

Hope your right Ecky - then we wont have to put up with his terrible errors when reffing. I wonder if he makes as many mistakes in his day job??
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:40:01 AM by robins1978 »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2011, 12:50:28 AM »

Mr Joyce was very poor tonight whoever you support.....problem is we all suspected as such, days before kick-off........but fair play to ATS for his considered comments on Ross 'bloody' Joyce
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2011, 01:14:07 AM »

Phew what a night !

Let's bank the points and look forward to Saturday with the positives, Clee, Johnson, Reeves, Joseph, Connors all immense.
1      Robbie looks fitter and up for it
2     10 points out of 12
3      Out of Relegation zone, first time since August
4      A good crowd for a Tuesday - let's keep that up
5      We made chances - and IMHO deserved to win

Negatives.......................................Danylyk stupidity when will they learn it's not worth mouthing off to the ref. 

Baynes .....................................waste of ...

JOYCE IS AN ABSOLUTE EMBARRASSMENT ( Kenny shouted don't talk to him he's an idiot - sums him up  )
 A DISGRACEFUL DISPLAY OF REFERRING - BLOOD BOILING NOW..............!!!

Difficult to argue with any of that.....good points very well made.

Jezza

« Reply #174 on: March 30, 2011, 07:56:34 AM »

First of all congratulations to Ken, Bimmo and the players for hauling us out of the bottom 4 for the first time this season...what an achievement!

Credit to both teams for serving up an entertaining game that the ref and his officials repeatedly attempted to ruin for everyone who had spent good money to watch the players.....it is often said a good ref is not noticed...by that defintion these clowns are not fit for purpose.

Would you be happy if you paid to go to the theatre and the director kept marching onto the stage to correct something?...or the prompt kept shouting out the wrong lines to the actors?

Two wrongs don't make a right and they weren't poor, they were appallingful dreadful making baffling decisions.they may as well as plucked 3 members of the crowd at random to officiate the game....couldn't even get the clock right...played about 6 minutes over in the first half and only played about half the measly 4 mins added in the 2nd half.

Bemuses me how anyone can say that as everyone right behind the goal were debating which offence he'd actually given the penalty for as Dale (in front of the southport defender) was clearly hauled back wwf style....it was two nailed on penalties for the price of one...

rules are rules and it's for the good of the game ? here ATS is extolling the letter of the rules of the game and if right how come Davis who spent the night wrestling dale johnson didn't get a second yellow....my view from the opposite side was it was a ball anthony didn't need to go in for but given the high pace of the game the challenge was not out of place, maybe it was a yellow card, but the inconsistency in the ref's mindset is what annoys fans when compared with his mindset when letting davis off repeatedly.......

So you're not sure but taking the assumption that villifies the decision?...and I'm sure we all know the ball has to cross the line and it's not a goal if the ball is kicked by someone behind the line.......as it happens I don't think it was over, i was more bemused at Josephs late winner ironically chalked off after he's spent half the night being held in the penalty area by davis....even though it was probably the right decision I just found it ironic.

Yep unlucky for repeatedly deliberatly crocking Clee and finally elbowing him when in the face as they fell to the ground.FFS...we'd rather all just have the correct decision most of the time with common sense applied and that is what the officiating kingdom of heaven and starmakers just does not get.

but congratulations ATS....an excellent attempt to defend the indefensable and possibly the first time you've defended a ref by basically agreeing with the rest of us that he was indeed sh*t.

Jezza

« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2011, 07:58:56 AM »

PS...The Referee and the stand side assistant were poor but poor for both sides....you missed out the popular side assistant who gave 50% of the decisions the wrong way, the other 50% he just stood there and looked at the ref....and the 4th official who apparently couldn't even tell the time....a full house!

dunhamalty

« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2011, 08:23:02 AM »

The referee may have made some cock ups.... but isn't it nice to come away from a match that for the majority we dominated, and being disappointed that we didnt win.Everyone was excellent, the defence looked good, the midfield 3 were good untill anthony got himself sent off and the front 3 caused problems all night,
Thanks for an excellent night alty
Bring on Saturday

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 30, 2011, 08:53:55 AM »

The Southport player sent off was unlucky. Earl Davies was very lucky so I suppose they balance out. I will repeat something I have said before here.

This T**t seems capable of having a poor match everytime I see the little turd... As previously posted, Once again the little sh*t is taking all the headlines for the wrong reason... He is a fkn disgrace and the sooner he pisses off to the FL the better for us in non league soccer.

seasonticket

« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2011, 09:14:06 AM »

If my memory is correct Ross Joyce reffed us at Newcastle Blue Star in the cup, and if I remember correctly he was reasonably OK.
My theory is that as he is some sort of ref mentor in the North East he has to ref properly up there. Get the git away from there and he can become the centre stage attraction and so refs like a...................put in any description that fits.
Or did someone from Alty say something to upset him at Newcastle and he is still taking it out on us.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2011, 09:53:07 AM »

First of all congratulations to Ken, Bimmo and the players for hauling us out of the bottom 4 for the first time this season...what an achievement!

Credit to both teams for serving up an entertaining game that the ref and his officials repeatedly attempted to ruin for everyone who had spent good money to watch the players.....it is often said a good ref is not noticed...by that defintion these clowns are not fit for purpose.

Would you be happy if you paid to go to the theatre and the director kept marching onto the stage to correct something?...or the prompt kept shouting out the wrong lines to the actors?

Two wrongs don't make a right and they weren't poor, they were appallingful dreadful making baffling decisions.they may as well as plucked 3 members of the crowd at random to officiate the game....couldn't even get the clock right...played about 6 minutes over in the first half and only played about half the measly 4 mins added in the 2nd half.

Bemuses me how anyone can say that as everyone right behind the goal were debating which offence he'd actually given the penalty for as Dale (in front of the southport defender) was clearly hauled back wwf style....it was two nailed on penalties for the price of one...

rules are rules and it's for the good of the game ? here ATS is extolling the letter of the rules of the game and if right how come Davis who spent the night wrestling dale johnson didn't get a second yellow....my view from the opposite side was it was a ball anthony didn't need to go in for but given the high pace of the game the challenge was not out of place, maybe it was a yellow card, but the inconsistency in the ref's mindset is what annoys fans when compared with his mindset when letting davis off repeatedly.......

So you're not sure but taking the assumption that villifies the decision?...and I'm sure we all know the ball has to cross the line and it's not a goal if the ball is kicked by someone behind the line.......as it happens I don't think it was over, i was more bemused at Josephs late winner ironically chalked off after he's spent half the night being held in the penalty area by davis....even though it was probably the right decision I just found it ironic.

Yep unlucky for repeatedly deliberatly crocking Clee and finally elbowing him when in the face as they fell to the ground.FFS...we'd rather all just have the correct decision most of the time with common sense applied and that is what the officiating kingdom of heaven and starmakers just does not get.

but congratulations ATS....an excellent attempt to defend the indefensable and possibly the first time you've defended a ref by basically agreeing with the rest of us that he was indeed sh*t.

Jezza - you have once again demonstrated that your ability to interpret what someone else says to mean what you want has not diminished with age.

I'm not trying to defend Mr Joyce in any way, if you ask the people I was talking during and after last night you'll find that I was probably as critical of him as I have been of anybody for a long time.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty vs Southport Match thread COME ON YOU RRREEEEEDDDDDDSSSSS!!!